View Poll Results: Do you think Emma has become an iconic member of the x-men?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

170 67.73%
  • no

81 32.27%
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default Do you really feel that Emma became an iconic member of the x-men?

these days there was a thread saying that kitty was the last great addition to the x-men family. some people mentioned other characters and one of them was emma, this left me thinking...
    Do x-fans really think she became a essential character for the franchice?? like an iconic member?

I honestly think she didn't. The only reason she came to the spotlight and got a tremendous push was because Jean was death and her relationship with cyclops. with jean alive and emma/cyclops not being a couple she almost disappeared of the x-books.

I know this is going to sound rude but it's just that i don't think she can have the same spotlight again with jean being alive.

edit: please don't make this a shipping debate, they suck. just try to be objective.
    if possible please say why you think she became or not an iconic x-men.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-26-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    these days there was a thread saying that kitty was the last great addition to the x-men family. some people mentioned other characters and one of them was emma, this left me thinking...
    Do x-fans really think she became a essential character for the franchice?? like an iconic member?

I honestly think she didn't. The only reason she came to the spotlight and got a tremendous push was because Jean was death and her relationship with cyclops. with jean alive and emma/cyclops not being a couple she almost disappeared of the x-books.
    She was put into both the 2009 cartoon and the 2011 anime so yes.

Anyone saying Kitty is the last icon is out of their ever-loving mind for a VARIETY of reasons

People just don't like how Emma has the "taint of villain" on her somehow and she was always snarky to everyone and sassy, and it's Jean-stans upset about her "stealing Jean's man"
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Yes, even though she is often written poorly.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yes. I do.

She's been the lead of multiple series and has been an X-Men staple ever since she was a part of Gen X in the early 90's. She was the first lady of the X-Men for nearly a decade. Even now her fanbase is remarkable, and she's had a role in the X-Books even while being antagonistic.

To say she's not is disingenuous.

Also - that's as a Jean stan who thinks that Jott is better than Scemma.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yes. GenX Emma is my favourite Emma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Emma has been around for 38 years, for 23 of those years she has been on the X-Men or Gen X. She was basically the co-leader of the X-Men for about a decade. What qualifies as "iconic" is going to vary from person to person, but to me Emma is an important figure among the X-Men.

I think Emma is at her best when she's presented as a successful outsider.

It's intentional and significant that she's a telepath and teacher like Xavier.

The minute the X-Men begin to congeal around her presence and persona is the minute she's lost her usefulness to the universe. She needs to be a counterpoint, to be provocative, to be an agitator. In that role, she's an essential archetype.

Yes ofc...why wouldn't she be, for nearly 2 decades she has been a staple of X-Men comics. She has been the co-leader of many teams and was even a major character for many books/ events , even in her newly transitioned role into villainy she played an important role in SE and had a much larger role than any other x-character. Shes been introduced in mainstream media multiple times also
    Last edited by Diammandis; 02-26-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yes Emma has become quite well known and iconic in her own right. She has honeatly done better things as a hero then a villian IMO. I hope her redeeming arc is a good one.
    X-Men Forever

Yes. She was the last great addition to the X-Men in my mind.

Yes.

Yes.101010

Fantastic Member

Yes, post-Morrison Emma is iconic (before that she was C-list). She was the top x-woman for the past decade, Marvel made sure of it. And she has been featured in tv shows, movies and video games ever since.

BANNED

Yes.
    She balanced A character like Jean out.

She was the brightest hope of the Morrison Era and then often the only bright spot in the dark years that followed thereafter.