Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    When has Storm effected the brain of a class 100 brick? I'm well aware that's she's done it to Sinister, for example, but he's nowhere near as tough as Hulk.

    I don't see why a surgically implanted alien device is comparable to what Storm can do, either.
    There is NO Brick that can withstand getting there brain turned off. If you claim your well aware of what Storm did too Mr. Sinister than there should be no reason for you try and dispute this fact. She scrambled his synapses the Hulk has synapses. Storm beamed an EMP to Clone Thor’s brain turning it off. Mr. Sinister and Hulk not being in he same class doesn’t matter they both don’t have protection over their Brain if tampered with. Storm needed help 1 time and Storm does this feat again 2 Times and you guys ignore it?? That makes no sense. It’s well within Storms power and ability.

    The device was not implanted it was placed on his forehead. Even if the device was surgically implanted turningbhis brain off Still worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    So, these other times you feel cancel the first showing out, who did Storm do them to, and if they're not as powerful as the Hulk, why do they matter?
    Your statement doesn’t make sense. So in order for this feat to work she has to do it to another class 100 in order to be effective?? The Hulks brain works like any other brain and tampering with his synapses or beaming an EMP to his brain will put the Hulk down.

    So why, do you think her First time shutting someone’s brain down overrides her other two showings turning and scrambling their brains. It doesn’t matter if they are class 100 if a measly device turned the Hulks brain off So can Storm. To suggest she needs to do it to another class 100 is ridiculous.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-11-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Storm doesn’t need help from a Psychic to turn someone’s brain off anymore. I find that notion very interesting that people don’t think she learned a thing or two after that fight?? Because clearly she did. Scrambled Mr. S synapses then beamed an EMP to Clone Thor’s Brain? She no longer needs help.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-11-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Herc tore clone Thor in half so that doesn't really work as a comparison

  4. #34
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post


    Another Thunderclap!
    https://i.imgur.com/rFB1yQD.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/7B20V5R.jpg
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Class 100s do have greater resistance to EMP signal manipulation and whatnot, so long as it's not outright immaterial, non physical telepathy. As long as there is a physical element involved, it needs to be shown to be on a scale capable of affecting class 100s

    A good example of this would be Superman surviving an attempt at telekinetically giving him a stroke from Manchester Black. I'm pretty sure Hulk has similar stuff, I'm sure I recall something with ant man jumping inside his brain once

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    There is NO Brick that can withstand getting there brain turned off. If you claim your well aware of what Storm did too Mr. Sinister than there should be no reason for you try and dispute this fact. She scrambled his synapses the Hulk has synapses. Storm beamed an EMP to Clone Thor’s brain turning it off. Mr. Sinister and Hulk not being in he same class doesn’t matter they both don’t have protection over their Brain if tampered with. Storm needed help 1 time and Storm does this feat again 2 Times and you guys ignore it?? That makes no sense. It’s well within Storms power and ability.
    "Storm did this in comics, therefore she can do this to whoever".

    Storm did up the Hulk's brain with lightning. Twice. Each time it could only take down the Hulk because someone else was attacking the Hulk's mind as well.

    Why do you keep ignoring this?

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Class 100s do have greater resistance to EMP signal manipulation and whatnot, so long as it's not outright immaterial, non physical telepathy. As long as there is a physical element involved, it needs to be shown to be on a scale capable of affecting class 100s

    A good example of this would be Superman surviving an attempt at telekinetically giving him a stroke from Manchester Black. I'm pretty sure Hulk has similar stuff, I'm sure I recall something with ant man jumping inside his brain once
    But telekinesis and tampering with your electric synapses are not the same thing.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    "Storm did this in comics, therefore she can do this to whoever".

    Storm did up the Hulk's brain with lightning. Twice. Each time it could only take down the Hulk because someone else was attacking the Hulk's mind as well.

    Why do you keep ignoring this?
    “Hulk couldn’t resist this in comics twice therefore it can happen again “

    Having your mind controlled by someone else doesn’t stop me or anyone from turning it off.
    Having what done to him was the Only way to release him from that mind control.

    Why do you keep ignoring Hulks Brain was turned off by device?
    Why do you keep ignoring Storm can turn his brain off when she’s proven to do it more than once?
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-11-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Your statement doesn’t make sense. So in order for this feat to work she has to do it to another class 100 in order to be effective?? The Hulks brain works like any other brain and tampering with his synapses or beaming an EMP to his brain will put the Hulk down.
    Storm did the Hulk's brain up with lightning, twice. Each time it only took the Hulk down by being part of someone else attacking the Hulk's brain. What are you arguing? That this never happened? Because at that point you're arguing comic books never happened, despite, having happened.

    Are you arguing Storm was being jobbed out for her lightning-ifying the Hulk's mind not having been enough to take him down on its own? Based on what.

    The Hulks brain works like any other brain and tampering with his synapses or beaming an EMP to his brain will put the Hulk down.
    So, the comics where Storm could only do that because Cable attacked the Hulk at the same time never happened?

    So can Storm. To suggest she needs to do it to another class 100 is ridiculous.
    Take it up with the comics where when Storm attacked a class 100's brain with lightning it only took them out because she was part of a combined attack then.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-11-2018 at 02:01 PM.

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Why do you keep ignoring Hulks Brain was turned off by device?
    Why do you keep ignoring Storm can turn his brain off when she’s proven to do it more than once?
    Why do you keep saying Storm can turn off his brain on her own when both times she needed help to do it? Scans posted, comic issues given, you yourself have said you read them.

  11. #41
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Class 100s do have greater resistance to EMP signal manipulation and whatnot, so long as it's not outright immaterial, non physical telepathy. As long as there is a physical element involved, it needs to be shown to be on a scale capable of affecting class 100s

    A good example of this would be Superman surviving an attempt at telekinetically giving him a stroke from Manchester Black. I'm pretty sure Hulk has similar stuff, I'm sure I recall something with ant man jumping inside his brain once
    Found it!
    https://i.imgur.com/TWjhj38.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/qXa6BEf.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/tikkoNH.jpg

    And the flamethrower scene mentioned earlier.
    https://i.imgur.com/I2MrVo4.jpg
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Having your mind controlled by someone else doesn’t stop me or anyone from turning it off.
    Having what done to him was the Only way to release him from that mind control.
    You're straight up ignoring the contents of these comics now. I'm not really sure at this point how anyone can reply to your posts to be honest with you? Like it's one thing to say something like "this was a low showing for Storm", or "This is why I don't think this performance is overall valid". It's another to go "Storm took the Hulk out, despite the actual content of the comic books being shown". The Hulk only drops in the first one after Cable zaps his mind. That's just the actual contents of the comic book. You're not arguing with me at this point, you're arguing with the comic book. In the second one we see Cable himself note that the plan, specifically, verbatim, is that the two of them attacking the Hulk at once will shut down his mind. You're basically saying "it doesn't matter what the comic said or showed, what I say happened is what actually happened in the comic".

    The idea here is to talk about the contents of these comics as if they're something that can be weighed for worth or discounted for lack of worth to a character's demonstrated ability, but the entire basis of that first requires acknowledging that the comic book exists in the first place in order to do so.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You're straight up ignoring the contents of these comics now. I'm not really sure at this point how anyone can reply to your posts to be honest with you? Like it's one thing to say something like "this was a low showing for Storm", or "This is why I don't think this performance is overall valid". It's another to go "Storm took the Hulk out, despite the actual content of the comic books being shown". The Hulk only drops in the first one after Cable zaps his mind. That's just the actual contents of the comic book. You're not arguing with me at this point, you're arguing with the comic book. In the second one we see Cable himself note that the plan, specifically, verbatim, is that the two of them attacking the Hulk at once will shut down his mind. You're basically saying "it doesn't matter what the comic said or showed, what I say happened is what actually happened in the comic".

    The idea here is to talk about the contents of these comics as if they're something that can be weighed for worth or lack of worth to a character's demonstrated ability, but the entire basis of that first requires acknowledging that the comic book exists in the first place.
    No I’m not arguing with the comic at all I’m telling you how your logic is flawed. You repeatedly ignore facts that prove your wrong you made up excuses for why this feat doesn’t work. Honestly the moment you made your first reply I knew you didn’t get not even tried to.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  14. #44
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No I’m not arguing with the comic at all I’m telling you how your logic is flawed. You repeatedly ignore facts that prove your wrong you made up excuses for why this feat doesn’t work. Honestly the moment you made your first reply I knew you didn’t get not even tried to.
    Okay, I'm going to boil this down to some yes or no questions to see if maybe that will get us somewhere.

    Yes or no, in Cable 34, did the Hulk only drop to the ground after Cable's telepathic bullet?

    Yes or no, in Hulk 444, did Cable say and I quote, "I think if I can thread a telepathic jolt through the Hulk's mind at the same time she delivers a lightning strike to his cranium, we can basically shut down his brain for a second... like rebooting his mental computer."

    We'll go from that point.

  15. #45
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,683

    Default

    Btw, does Storm have any defense against the thunderclaps? Because I'm pretty those still splatter Storm regardless.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •