Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Probably worth noting that if anyone on the other team managed to take out She-Hulk and Hulk isn't someway incapacitated there would have to deal with a very, very angry Hulk.

Beating up on She-Hulk is one of the few things that will send even a Banner-Controlled Hulk into a fury.
    That could be problematic.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Theoretically, Stark could protect his teammates from a thunderclap with a force field, and then Storm and maybe Johnny could pump energy into Tony's armor... But I'm not sure the force field would hold under direct hits from Hulk, and every bit of energy going into it is a bit of energy that Tony can't put into his offense to take Hulk down.

BANNED

Team 1 for the win with difficulty.

Here’s the thing to you can’t beat the Hulk just by using Physicals it’s not going to work. As it stands now the Hulks durability is extremely high. So nobody on Team 1 would be of any help to harm Hulk. However, they can still win. So the next BEST thing is to attack the Hulk internally. Hulk has no internal defenses. And the best person to do that is Storm. Storm is very good at attacking you from the inside. All she would need to do is turn Hulks brain off scamble his synapses or beam an EM pulse to his brain Done. This attack has been Done before against the Hulk twice. So there’s reason to believe you can do it again.

As for She-Hulk The Thing or Ironman can deal with her. This battle won’t be easy, but I do see a way the Hulks can lose. This is a team effor I’m sure Tony would find a way or a plan to incorporate these people special abilities.

Anyway, that’s my take on it. The Hulks Lose.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-11-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Team 1 for the win with difficulty.

Here’s the thing to you can’t beat the Hulk just by using Physicals it’s not going to work. As it stands now the Hulks durability is extremely high. So nobody on Team 1 would be of any help to harm Hulk. However, they can still win. So the next BEST thing is to attack the Hulk internally. Hulk has no internal defenses. And the best person to do that is Storm. Storm is very good at attacking you from the inside. All she would need to do is turn Hulks brain off scamble his synapses or beam an EM pulse to his brain Done. This attack has been Done before against the Hulk twice. So there’s reason to believe you can do it again.

As for She-Hulk The Thing or Ironman can deal with her. This battle won’t be easy, but I do see a way the Hulks can lose. This is a team effor I’m sure Tony would find a way or a plan to incorporate these people special abilities.

Anyway, that’s my take on it. The Hulks Lose.
    It's been shown several times that Hulk's as tough on the inside as the outside. He can also fight on despite insane amounts of injury, including having alien super parasites impaling him with a good seven to twelve giant spikes from the inside.

You can try scrambling his synapses but he'll just get up, like last time she tried that, which took both her and cable working together if I remember right.

Hulk has no internal defenses.
    False. In WWH, Ant-Man jumped inside of Hulk's stomach, and neither punching or flamethrowers even tickled the Hulk, who never even noticed Ant-Man inside him. Earlier in that series, a shrunk Ant-Man punched through a dude's neck like a bullet due to all the force of a man's punch being concentrated in such a small area. Didn't even tickle Hulk. Also in WWH, Kitty Pride phased Hulk's limbs into the ground, fusing him with solid rock, which Hulk quickly tore his way out of as his healing factor pushed the rocks out of him. And in Planet Hulk, a weakened Hulk shoved a flamethrower inside himself to burn out a parasite. I'm not even a regular Hulk reader. I'm sure he has more. Dude has the standard class 100 "also durable on the inside" thing and has a healing factor to boot.

nd the best person to do that is Storm. Storm is very good at attacking you from the inside. All she would need to do is turn Hulks brain off scamble his synapses or beam an EM pulse to his brain Done. This attack has been Done before against the Hulk twice. So there’s reason to believe you can do it again.
    If you mean Cable Vol 1 issue 34, and Incredible Hulk 444, you are leaving out the very specific context that Storm only managed to do this to Hulk by having her mightiest lightning bolt perfectly telepathically coordinated with the best psi-bolt Cable could muster as a simultaneous critical strike. There's no telepath here to work with, and even if there was, she's more likely to be taken out by a thunder clap before she could coordinate such a strike again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    It's been shown several times that Hulk's as tough on the inside as the outside. He can also fight on despite insane amounts of injury, including having alien super parasites impaling him with a good seven to twelve giant spikes from the inside.

You can try scrambling his synapses but he'll just get up, like last time she tried that, which took both her and cable working together if I remember right.
    That is incorrect. I’m going to guess you didn’t know Storm has done this attack 3times now. And 2/3 Storm needed no Help. Also, Hulk has had his brain turned off twice. 1. Once with Storm and Cable 2. Device planted on his head that connect straight to his Cereberal Neural System. Sure, his healing factor will work once the fight is over. However, those times when Hulk did get his brain turned off his Healing Factor did not kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    False. In WWH, Ant-Man jumped inside of Hulk's stomach, and neither punching or flamethrowers even tickled the Hulk, who never even noticed Ant-Man inside him. Earlier in that series, a shrunk Ant-Man punched through a dude's neck like a bullet due to all the force of a man's punch being concentrated in such a small area. Didn't even tickle Hulk. Also in WWH, Kitty Pride phased Hulk's limbs into the ground, fusing him with solid rock, which Hulk quickly tore his way out of as his healing factor pushed the rocks out of him. And in Planet Hulk, a weakened Hulk shoved a flamethrower inside himself to burn out a parasite. I'm not even a regular Hulk reader. I'm sure he has more. Dude has the standard class 100 "also durable on the inside" thing and has a healing factor to boot.
    Oh yeah, i read that issue with Ant-Man and I’ve seen the scans. Ok, I’ll give you that, but I’m talking about his Brain here which has been tampered with. I’ve also read WWH vs X-Men. And during that fight you know Nothing Stopped Kitty from phasing right through the Hulk and taking his Brain with her upon her exit right? But of course the Story would end with Hulks death having no brain because Kitty Took it. Anyway, The Hulk has had his Brain turned off twice before. 1. Cable/Storm(Storm’s First Time) 2. Pip the Troll kidnapped Hulk. Placed a device on his head that connect to his Cereberal Neural System. And BOTH instances the Hulk was put down. Which means this tactic works.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    If you mean Cable Vol 1 issue 34, and Incredible Hulk 444, you are leaving out the very specific context that Storm only managed to do this to Hulk by having her mightiest lightning bolt perfectly telepathically coordinated with the best psi-bolt Cable could muster as a simultaneous critical strike. There's no telepath here to work with, and even if there was, she's more likely to be taken out by a thunder clap before she could coordinate such a strike again.
    I’ve read both those Stories. But As I have said before Storm has done this attack 3 Times now. And 2/3 she had no help which makes the claim Storm cant do this without a Psychic invalid now. Your only focused on her First time achieving this feat. Which makes me wonder did you even know she has done this more than once. Because it seems your only focused on that 1 time while your disregarding the fact other 2 times she has required no assistance.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-11-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Just as an aside, didn't Ultimate Thing beat the crap out of a Zombie Hulk when the Zombie world got started? To the current fight, the IM team is a loser.

That is incorrect. I’m going to guess you didn’t know Storm has done this attack 3times now. And 2/3 Storm needed no Help. Also, Hulk has had his brain turned off twice. 1. Once with Storm and Cable 2. Device planted on his head that connect straight to his Cereberal Neural System. Sure, his healing factor will work once the fight is over. However, those times when Hulk did get his brain turned off his Healing Factor did not kick in.

Oh yeah, i read that issue with Ant-Man and I’ve seen the scans. Ok, I’ll give you that, but I’m talking about his Brain here which has been tampered with. I’ve also read WWH vs X-Men. And during that fight you know Nothing Stopped Kitty from phasing right through the Hulk and taking his Brain with her upon her exit right? But of course the Story would end with Hulks death having no brain because Kitty Took it. Anyway, The Hulk has had his Brain turned off twice before. 1. Cable/Storm(Storm’s First Time) 2. Pip the Troll kidnapped Hulk. Placed a device on his head that connect to his Cereberal Neural System. And BOTH instances the Hulk was put down. Which means this tactic works.

I’ve read both those Stories. But As I have said before Storm has done this attack 3 Times now. And 2/3 she had no help which makes the claim Storm cant do this without a Psychic invalid now. Your only focused on her First time achieving this feat. Which makes me wonder did you even know she has done this more than once. Because it seems your only focused on that 1 time while your disregarding the fact other 2 times she has required no assistance.
    When has Storm effected the brain of a class 100 brick? I'm well aware that's she's done it to Sinister, for example, but he's nowhere near as tough as Hulk.

I don't see why a surgically implanted alien device is comparable to what Storm can do, either.

Here’s the thing to you can’t beat the Hulk just by using Physicals it’s not going to work.
    A variety of people haven beaten the Hulk through physical force. No one on this team is going to do so. Doesn't mean it can't be done.

So, these other times you feel cancel the first showing out, who did Storm do them to, and if they're not as powerful as the Hulk, why do they matter?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-11-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Also, several things that are being left out or otherwise not directly replied to for some reason.

In Cable, Storm's "brain emp" itself only opened up the Hulk to Cable's "telepathic bullet" as it was phrased, it was the combination of these two things that dropped the Hulk. Storm did not do so on her own. They did this to the Grey version of the Hulk, i.e. the weakest incarnation of the Hulk out of all them (still underratedly powerful, but on the whole compared to the other ones..). Ultimately all this accomplished was turning the Hulk back into his green incarnation (or one of them) after being dropped.

In the Incredible Hulk, again, the only reason Storm's bolt to the brain was able to do anything of significance was because it was timed with Cable jolting the Hulk's brain. Though hey, at least this was a green one.

These things would suggest that Storm herself would not be capable on her own of dropping the Hulk with that kind of attack, considering that explicitly both times they only worked to down the Hulk when combined with someone else attacking his mind as well.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-11-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Can I have some context scans of these?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Sure.

This is the incident from Cable 34 that I'd described:

https://imgur.com/a/dHkZC

Do you want the bit from a few pages before where Cable messing with his brain turns him into the Grey Hulk, or the pages after that drop where the Hulk turns green again and gets up?

This is regardless from Hulk 444:

https://imgur.com/a/L11bD

https://imgur.com/a/g2LhA

Note how both times the attack only drops the Hulk as a combination move with someone else's attack to the Hulk's brain either immediately afterwards or timed for the exact same moment. To talk instead about "Storm can attack people's brains without telepathic guidance" is to completely miss the point and is frankly coming off as disingenuous. She certainly lightning bolts the Hulk's brain in 444 by herself without needing guidance. She does this at the same time Cable jolts it with his telepathy. Notice the Hulk being zapped from both sides there.

If the Hulk is only being dropped by two people attacking together, to suggest that one of them could have taken out the Hulk that way without getting help, is to ignore what's going on. To focus on "Storm doesn't need guidance" instead of "Storm's attack only worked because it was the lead in for someone else's attack or happened at the same time as someone else's attack" is... certainly interesting.

Now, hey, it's Rumbles, and we do things like weigh showings for overall validity they come off with, asterisks that could be put on how clean the showing is (a different example, if there's a comic with a guy going "I am specifically going to take them alive", then claiming anyone dealt with anything like full force attacks from the guy or that there wouldn't be question marks on the entire sequence wouldn't work), if someone in it is underperforming, having their capacity otherwise ignored by the showing, what have you.

So even though to take out a class 100 brick by frying their brain, Storm could only do so in tandem with someone else attacking said brain in their own way, twice, maybe these are just low showings for Storm somehow (though I wouldn't personally really buy into that). So again, Storm, taking out people with the Hulk's scale of toughness via brain frying by herself, when has that gone down?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Sure.

This is the incident from Cable 34 that I'd described:

https://imgur.com/a/dHkZC

Do you want the bit from a few pages before where Cable messing with his brain turns him into the Grey Hulk, or the pages after that drop where the Hulk turns green again and gets up?
    That sounds useful. Thank you.

This is regardless from Hulk 444:

https://imgur.com/a/L11bD

https://imgur.com/a/g2LhA

Note how both times the attack only drops the Hulk as a combination move with someone else's attack to the Hulk's brain either immediately afterwards or timed for the exact same moment. To talk instead about "Storm can attack people's brains without telepathic guidance" is to completely miss the point and is frankly coming off as disingenuous. She certainly lightning bolts the Hulk's brain in 444 by herself without needing guidance. She does this at the same time Cable jolts it with his telepathy. Notice the Hulk being zapped from both sides there.

If the Hulk is only being dropped by two people attacking together, to suggest that one of them could have taken out the Hulk that way without getting help, is to ignore what's going on. To focus on "Storm doesn't need guidance" instead of "Storm's attack only worked because it was the lead in for someone else's attack or happened at the same time as someone else's attack" is... certainly interesting.

Now, hey, it's Rumbles, and we do things like weigh showings for overall validity they come off with, asterisks that could be put on how clean the showing is (a different example, if there's a comic with a guy going "I am specifically going to take them alive", then claiming anyone dealt with anything like full force attacks from the guy or that there wouldn't be question marks on the entire sequence wouldn't work), if someone in it is underperforming, having their capacity otherwise ignored by the showing, what have you.

So even though to take out a class 100 brick by frying their brain, Storm could only do so in tandem with someone else attacking said brain in their own way, twice, maybe these are just low showings for Storm somehow (though I wouldn't personally really buy into that). So again, Storm, taking out people with the Hulk's scale of toughness via brain frying by herself, when has that gone down?
    Yeah, I gotta admit, I'm leaning towards Storm needing help to bring down Hulk level guys in this instance.

Should the fact that Onslaught was controlling him at the time as well be factored in?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Also, just because it's funny, Grey Hulk VS Blob: https://i.imgur.com/6lJ67aj.jpg
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Should the fact that Onslaught was controlling him at the time as well be factored in?
    Eh. It mostly just made the Hulk conflicted about attacking them, and to a certain extent made Cable trying to screw with the Hulk's mind even harder for having to get through Onslaught's controls. I'd call it a wash.