Incredible Member

Default Adamantium or Vibranium?

You have the option of having either Adamantium or Vibranium. Comic or film of these metal, your pick. The amount you are going to get is equal to your weight.

Which would you rather have, and why?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Vibranium. Because if Black Panther has taught me anything, it's that there are a crap ton of uses for Vibranium.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Adamantium, because unprocessed Vibranium is apparently too volatile to transport quickly and we don't have anywhere near the tech level for me to get it processed.

A giant chunk of adamantium might be similarly useless because I don't have any way to manipulate it as a solid, but at least my ornamental block of metal won't blow up if I have it shipped somewhere.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Even just going by comics as basic armor, vibranium wins. Adamantine is stronger but vibranium is strong enough for real world purposes and also absorbs impacts to keep your from being liquefied inside it.

Also, I am pretty sure we couldn't rework adamantium once it has set and cooled, where I imagine it would be theoretically possible with vibranium. Way more versatile.

Echoing what Captain Morgan said. Even movie Vibranium seems to have tremendous technological benefits if we had enough time to study it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I think that, if adamantium got the MCU treatment like vibranium has, we'd see it everywhere on film, Netflix, and on AOS.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Adamantium. Comic version (does this exist in films?).

BANNED

Vibranium.

I mean, Adamantium is cool and really tough and all that, but Vibrenium just flat out gives a bunch of fundamental laws of science the middle finger.

Me, in the real world? Adamantium. Vibranium does a lot of cool shit, but it's too volatile in it's raw form and smelting it isn't exactly easy, so I can't actually DO anything with it. Adamantium though, has no quirks besides being extremely durable. I can actually sell that to the government for billions and let them figure it out. Vibranium has enough pitfalls that they might just confiscate it for being dangerous and not pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Adamantium. Comic version (does this exist in films?).
    In the Fox X-men films. Wolvie has Adamantium. As did Lady Deathstrike and the Samurai dude from the second Wolvie movie. And a bullet was made from it to take down Wolvie. It doesn't exist in the MCU though. I think X-23 has it, too?

I'm not sure if the movie version is exactly the same as what we know and love in the comics.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

Which can I sell for more?

Incredible Member

Give me Antarctic Vibranium. Much more useful and easier to process.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Which can I sell for more?
    The stuff that is basically real magic.