Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Iron Man, Human Torch, Storm & Thing vs. Hulk & She-Hulk

Regular arena fight. No BFR.

I'm not sure what level Tony is these days. Stopped keeping up with him a while ago.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

Without prep I don't think they can take down Hulk. Storm and Johnny probably go down to a thunderclap, leaving Tony and Thing. Thing is like Hulk-lite and I don't think Tony's standard equipment can take Hulk. With prep, Tony can bring the thing he was going to use against Hulk in WWHulk that got switched out without his knowledge.

I don't know about that, Tony doesn't have a great track record for actually being good at making specific countermeasures, even after the push he got after IM1 raising him up from a b-list hero.

Team A doesn't really bring enough gun to deal with the Hulk. Especially for that Torch and Storm really should go down to a thunderclap from the Hulk as noted.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I don't know about that, Tony doesn't have a great track record for actually being good at making specific countermeasures, even after the push he got after IM1 raising him up from a b-list hero.
    B-list? Maybe in Hollywood. Iron Man has starred in his own monthly comic for the last 50 years. Only five other Marvel characters have been at least that successful: Spider-man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and Daredevil.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    B-list? Maybe in Hollywood. Iron Man has starred in his own monthly comic for the last 50 years. Only five other Marvel characters have been at least that successful: Spider-man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and Daredevil.
    Yeah, but if you define A-List as Superman level famous, then the only other two heroes that fit the bill were Batman and Spider-Man. RDJ has definitely upped Stark's name recognition with the general public, and Marvel did push him harder because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I dunno, of all those characters, only Spider-Man's the only one who hasn't had a total reboot or replacement. Even when Ben Reilly took up the mantle, Peter was still a supporting character, like Tony to Rhodey in the Iron Man suit. Thor, Cap, and Iron Man were replaced for Heroes Reborn because their regular sales were in the dumps (and even before then, Teen Iron Man was an attempt to make him edgier, more hip, and 'darker.'). Daredevil's consistent but he's often *this* close to cancellation, if not outright cancelled like in 2013.

I feel like I'd have to concur with rhyvurg. Iron Man's a consistent character, no doubt, but I feel like he's closer to Flash or GL in that regard, and not at Spidey/Superman/Batman levels until the movies (or rather, when Marvel really started pushing him in the 2000s).

On a side, I feel like there are people -- normal fans and comic fans alike -- who are surprised that Black Panther isn't bigger in Marvel. The runaway success of the movie definitely elevates him into the limelight, but Marvel didn't really start taking him seriously until the late 90s, even though he was always a dependable presence in the comics. Sure, he didn't have his own long-lasting title like Iron Man, but I feel like the success of both of their movies kind of adds a bit of revisionism to the ups and downs of their own comic book popularity over the decades.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-08-2018 at 11:29 PM.

well, since it's Storm related, here's something I wanted to get off my chest, regarding the whole Shadow King thing.

EXHIBIT A: Storm is blasted down.
    https://i.imgur.com/jm7a9yi.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Bb5kPoF.jpg

EXHIBIT B: Storm herself admitting she was injured and out of the battle.
    https://i.imgur.com/ilmKXDe.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Xl1CSwl.jpg

Granted, doesn't make much of a difference here, Hulk Smash and all, but I wanted to clear that up.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Without prep I don't think they can take down Hulk. Storm and Johnny probably go down to a thunderclap, leaving Tony and Thing. Thing is like Hulk-lite and I don't think Tony's standard equipment can take Hulk. With prep, Tony can bring the thing he was going to use against Hulk in WWHulk that got switched out without his knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Team A doesn't really bring enough gun to deal with the Hulk. Especially for that Torch and Storm really should go down to a thunderclap from the Hulk as noted.
    You want to know something ridiculous? I've been posting on this forum with fluctuating levels of participation for over 12 years now. I've lurked before (and during) that time as well. I post fight threads with alarming frequency compared to other members. I comment my opinion on fights frequently.

Many of these fights involve the Hulk. I read Hulk comics from time to time. I've watched Hulk TV and Film.

I should know a thing or two about the guy. But...

I LITERALLY NEVER REMEMBER HE CAN USE A GOSH DURNED THUNDERCLAP AS AN OFFENSIVE ATTACK.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Sigh....

My thoughts were that (thunderclap excluded) perhaps the assorted team could hold off the Hulks long enough for Tony to charge a kamikaze Hulk KO attack, like he did that one time in the comics. I was hoping the inclusion of she hulk would allow for some interesting discussion but meh.

A round of applause for the winner. Get it? Applause? Thunderclap? ...ill show myself out
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You want to know something ridiculous? I've been posting on this forum with fluctuating levels of participation for over 12 years now. I've lurked before (and during) that time as well. I post fight threads with alarming frequency compared to other members. I comment my opinion on fights frequently.

Many of these fights involve the Hulk. I read Hulk comics from time to time. I've watched Hulk TV and Film.

I should know a thing or two about the guy. But...

I LITERALLY NEVER REMEMBER HE CAN USE A GOSH DURNED THUNDERCLAP AS AN OFFENSIVE ATTACK.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Sigh....

My thoughts were that (thunderclap excluded) perhaps the assorted team could hold off the Hulks long enough for Tony to charge a kamikaze Hulk KO attack, like he did that one time in the comics. I was hoping the inclusion of she hulk would allow for some interesting discussion but meh.

A round of applause for the winner. Get it? Applause? Thunderclap? ...ill show myself out
    He's not going to get time to even try is what this comes down to. Half his team is getting taken out at basically fight start for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He's not going to get time to even try is what this comes down to. Half his team is getting taken out at basically fight start for one thing.
    Yeah. Guy1's scans certainly rubbed salt in my wound ;P

Hence the "thunderclap excluded" thought. You know, straight out of the very muddled brain of the Arbiter where sometimes he straight up forgets what a character can do. Unless you meant that Hulk will just clobber them regardless of foregoing that attack?
    - big_adventure

I meant the thunderclap thing.

Sigh....

Probably worth noting that if anyone on the other team managed to take out She-Hulk and Hulk isn't someway incapacitated there would have to deal with a very, very angry Hulk.

Beating up on She-Hulk is one of the few things that will send even a Banner-Controlled Hulk into a fury.