View Poll Results: What medium should Shonda Rhimes write for the X-Men?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • TV show

14 33.33%
  • Comic

4 9.52%
  • Movie

0 0%
  • No

24 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Noooo. Nope. Noooo.

BANNED

Yes Yes and a hundred times YES enough of these straight old ass white male writers

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Yes Yes and a hundred times YES enough of these straight old ass white male writers
    I know! We can have Chuck Austen write a scene with Angel and Husk having gross bird sex, but we can't get Shonda Rhimes?!??! Come onnnnnn!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Soap operas are trashy, but so are comics in the same vein. Come on .... they all use the same plot tactics: clones, ridiculous romances and affairs, retcons, long lost children or parents, dead people coming back to life.

Shonda Rhimes gets it all and would be fabulous for the X-Men!!!
    they're nowhere near as trashy as her garbage shows. waaaayyy too much drama. again, grey's anatomy is one of the worst things to ever happen to tv

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    someone's race doesn't make them a good or bad writer you know

While Shonda's shows are HUGELY popular and have a lot of staying power on TV, I'm not a big fan. I could never get into Grey's, I followed Scandal for the first few years and then it got boring (to me), and I watched HTGAWM for the first year, but that second season was total crap (to me), so I don't really want to see what she'd do with the X-Men.

One thing I have to give Shonda is that she can create/write some of the strongest female characters I've seen...who also have vulnerabilities. But, as a previous poster mentioned, she (or her team) tend to often turn those strong females into unlikeable characters. Olivia Pope was so awesome to me the first few years on Scandal. And then Olivia became borderline nasty, arrogant, and annoying (again, to me, I know not everyone will agree). Analise was awesome the first year of HTGAWM, but then she became unlikeable to me in season 2.

Now, I wouldn't stop reading the books, and I'm sure I'd find stuff that I liked in her books, but she's not someone I'm really wanting on the X-Books. Her first year on the books, I'd love her Storm, Jean, Kitty, and Rogue, but year 2, I'd probably hate them, lol.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Shonda Rhimes mostly writes drama, right? How does she with action and thriller 'cuz ya know X-Men is a combo of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Shonda Rhimes mostly writes drama, right? How does she with action and thriller 'cuz ya know X-Men is a combo of the three.
    that's a good point. i wouldn't trust her to come up with a huge battle against apocalypse. does she even know anything about comics? i also think she would try to change characters to fit a mold that would be really OOC

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    they're nowhere near as trashy as her garbage shows. waaaayyy too much drama. again, grey's anatomy is one of the worst things to ever happen to tv
    I do not know how the lady can put out a trashy show like scandal when the west wing already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    I do not know how the lady can put out a trashy show like scandal when the west wing already happened.
    probably because tv likes to recycle ideas. they like to have guaranteed hits. by doing something very similar and familiar to the audience, there is less of a risk of the show flopping

BANNED

probably because tv likes to recycle ideas. they like to have guaranteed hits. by doing something very similar and familiar to the audience, there is less of a risk of the show flopping
    West Wing was good, solid quality entertainment. Scandal is just trashy and poorly written. though I must say, it may not be as ridiculous looking at many aspect of Donald Trump's presidency.

Mighty Member

Sure. I doubt I would like it but a lot of people almost certainly would. It would get attention for Marvel for sure. It would probably make a lot of people aware of comics for the first time in a long time, and maybe ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Shonda Rhimes is a legendary TV show writer whose shows have captured the hearts of millions of viewers. She created Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder, and others. Shonda Rhimes gets soap opera drama and the emotional connections among her characters.

The X-Men have been down in the dumps lately, thanks to Marvel Comics and Marvel Studios' focus on the Avengers, and so X-Men comic sales, movies, and toys are just not as popular as the X-Men's golden age from the 80s to early 2000s.

What better way to revive Marvel's merry mutants and have Shonda Rhimes take a stab at the universe!!!!!

But first we should decide what medium she should write. Would you like to see Shonda Rhimes produce a tv show, movie, or comic?

Personally I'd love a tv show or ongoing comic. I think she would do a good job writing Storm, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Rogue, Psylocke, and Kitty. She would revive a lot of the personalities that have been missing the past decade!!
    Has she ever shown the slightest interest in the superhero genre?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    No, she would ruin it for a lot of kids. X-Men should be something children can enjoy as well as older fans and parents not have to worry about the content of the show. She would make it too x-rated and everything.
    Yes, because writers can't modify their style.

that's a good point. i wouldn't trust her to come up with a huge battle against apocalypse. does she even know anything about comics? i also think she would try to change characters to fit a mold that would be really OOC
    Yeh because Marc G. is knocking it outta the park on X-Men Gold. lol
    GrindrStone(D)