View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of West #36

1 7.69%
  • Elsewhere #5

0 0%
  • Extremity #12 [series finale]

3 23.08%
  • Gideon Falls #1 [series debut]

6 46.15%
  • The Gravedigger's Union #5

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland #17

0 0%
  • Oblivion Song #1 [series debut]

0 0%
  • Prism Stalker # [series debut]

1 7.69%
  • Savage Dragon #232

0 0%
  • Scales & Scoundrels #7

1 7.69%
  • Spread #25 [series finale]

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #177

1 7.69%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #33

0 0%
  • Firebug [graphic novel]

0 0%
  • Image Expo 2018 Preview Book

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #10 - Gideon Falls/Oblivion Song/Prism Stalker two-word titles

Welcome gang, in these weekly threads we vote on our fave Image comics of the week and maybe chat about whatever we want, join in! I'm a day late with the thread this time, whoopsadaisies, hope y'all ain't mad.

Last week's poll saw the first win of Saga this year. Was it truly beloved though? Or was the poll rigged by phony fake news sources? We'll never know...

We've got a big week on our hands this time again. Extremity wraps up its series for example, but we also see the long-delayed new issue of The Fix. The Gravedigger's Union wraps up a first storyline, with a second one already starting just a month from now. The horror book Spread is also coming to an end this week, as had been announced a while back. VS. is getting a reprint of its first issue, The Wicked + The Divine starts a new story arc... Oh, Image is also printing a preview issue of the Image Expo announced series, and lastly I wanna point out that Firebug is getting collected this week. That story was pretty good from the now-defunct Island Magazine which I dug a lot, so here is the rest of it.

New series!
    1. Gideon Falls is written by comics superstar Jeff Lemire, drawn by Andrea Sorrentino (of the recent, excellent Green Arrow at DC) and has Dave Stewart on board for good measure too. It promises rural horror & suburban mystery in a town full of madness, death and general darkness. Cover game seems on point, too.

2. Oblivion Song is the new Robert Kirkman (Walking Dead/Outcast) comic. It's about 300,000 Philadelphians who suddenly went missing one day and got sucked into a void of some sort. The government has long given up on locating these people lost in Oblivion, but of course our main character doesn't. What will he actually find though, if anything, and how much of this rescue mission is voluntary...? Sounds like a good read for Silent Hill fans, maybe.

3. Prism Stalker sounds pretty hype. Do you like Sailor Moon? Do you like David Cronenberg style body horror? Finally, the comic for us! Space refugee and pneumatical arts expert Vep works for a bunch of insectoid overlords in a City Nest, but the opportunity to escape to any number of thousand of stars beckons... This is by Sloane Leong so it's bound to look great.

303989.jpg 303992.jpg 303998.jpg

Gideon Falls was dope. Oblivion Song was okay. I'm sad to see Spread go but the art was far from what it was early on. I'd have liked to see Extremity go on another 48 issues.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Gideon Falls was pretty good. There's two nice interviews with them in the new Image+, too. I'm looking forward to seeing where this book goes.

East of West was a solid issue. I wish that would get back on track. I can't remember the last time I read an issue. Barely remembered what happened, too. Damn you, Hickman!!

Walking Dead was solid, but not amazing.

Amazing Member

A lot of books this week I am excited to get a hold of.
    On my pull list for this week,
    East of West - usually a good read, but the time between issues is making hard to remember whats been going on.
    Elsewhere - a fun read most of the time. I like the idea and look forward to where they are going with the story
    Extremity - Loved this entire series. sad to see it end. I would be on board to read many more then just 12 issues
    Gideon Falls - looking forward to this one
    Oblivion Song - also looking forward to this one
    Walking Dead - always the first book I pull off the stack to read through

not on my pull list, but would like to grab that expo preview book just to read through

I was really curious about Prism Stalker when I read the solicits a few months ago so I put it on my list but that first issue didn't really make it for me. Kudos for the world building, but I didn't feel involved in the story. Great colours but the art is not for me... I may give another try to the book with the second issue, but I replaced it in my pull-list by Gideon Falls which was pretty exciting.

Anyway I gave my vote to East of West : a great issue.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I was really curious about Prism Stalker when I read the solicits a few months ago so I put it on my list but that first issue didn't really make it for me. Kudos for the world building, but I didn't feel involved in the story. Great colours but the art is not for me... I may give another try to the book with the second issue, but I replaced it in my pull-list by Gideon Falls which was pretty exciting.
    I quite liked it, though it does seem to fall in that usual trap many Image debuts seem to, where it's purposefully sparse in explanation but also ends too early. Decent cliffhanger for sure, so I'll be back next month, but it was just starting to get good in my opinion. That said, this was always going to be an easy sell for me, From Under Mountains was one of my favourite books Image did in recent years.

What I liked particularly about Prism Stalker is how it subtly challenged ideas of what a typical bad guy looks like. The odd four-legged creatures, the ones that looks something like a cross between a walking coral reef and some stalagmites, I initially expected to be the bad guys - since I sort of expect humans to be 'the norm'.
    Serves me right for being so human centric haha! I also liked how the humans just moved their society from outside into these weird gelatenous huge creatures, pretty creative stuff.

I'm hoping issue 2 gets me to care more for the main character too.

Astonishing Member

Damn i missed Gideon falls.

With East of West...i stopped reading and wait for the Omnibus or something else. The book is too complicated to read it in pieces every few months...

If I had been around, Dragon would've gotten a vote.

I can't believe no one picked Oblivion Song though, after all that hype leading up to it. I did like it.

Is Extremity really ending? Damn, I loved that book (only read the first trade so far).