Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've completely forgotten about Metal.
    I've enjoyed some of the one-shots, but haven't touched the main series.

Metal has been crazy arse fun shame some ain't feeling it cos I'm loving the heck out of it. I feel Synder has been fair in characterisation and inclusion
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-13-2018 at 01:50 AM.

BANNED

Fandoms aside I tend to agree with the validy in the criticism of the OP. It`s weird because, while the premise behind Metal is amazing world building the actual series it`s been pretty forgettable aside the tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Its funny, back when Morrison was writing Batman he was criticized for Batgod wankery and for taking Batman far from his roots with time travel and Batman Incorporated.
    Yah, but Morrison made Superman the front and center hero of Final Crisis.

In Metal, I think the characterization of Superman has been ok. At the Forge, he just didn't agree with what Batman was doing. He thought it was pointless (and it is, the entire matter is going to be settled by the 53rd world instead of them anyway).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Metal to me, reads like some fan-fiction from someone who wants to be Grant Morrison. There is not a single character whose voice sounds like it should to me. That includes especially Dream. And I can't say I recognize Superman in this one. It's not a matter of "not my superman", it's more a matter of, Superman, at his core, is nothing like the person whose name is superman in this story.

I think the bigger Snyder tries to make his stories, the less care he puts in finding the character's voices. For instance, his work on Dick Grayson in black mirror was great. I really liked Gordon in this one too. But after that....

I know he likes to do bombastics stuffs, but I don't think it suits his strengths.

Batman as a regular human who has trained for his whole life should have more strength of will and determination than any kryptonian
    That's just based off merit as a character, it takes a lot more strength of will to do what Bruce does then it does it does any superhero
    There is nothing special about Superman to warrant Snyder switching their roles in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Batman as a regular human who has trained for his whole life should have more strength of will and determination than any kryptonian
    That's just based off merit as a character, it takes a lot more strength of will to do what Bruce does then it does it does any superhero
    There is nothing special about Superman to warrant Snyder switching their roles in the series
    This is intellectual fraud.

Superman trained and was the leader of the Legion of Super Heroes from about 11 years old. The pre-crisis Superman, at least, was.

This means that he was facing opponents like Emerald Empress, Mordru, Validus, etc, from 11 years old, while Batman would still be learning karate.

His training and learning was in loco, putting his life at risk against opponents that rivaled his power. Eventually he lost the leadership, but it didn't delete his period of learning and as leader of the team.

This means that pre-crisis Superman wasn't leader of the Justice League only due to popularity, simple logic analisys of the 2 characters shows that he was more qualified to lead a team than Batman, who mostly led one of Robin and Batgirl until post-crisis.

Superman also built the Fortress of Solitude by his own hands and filled it with technology that he found acroos the galaxies. He used to have created the textiles of his uniform by himsel. The S symbol was his own as well.

This and more, were what made Superman the equivalent of Batman, but on a cosmic scale. The strenght of will that Batman needed to solve problems mostly on Gotham and sometimes worldwide, Superman needed to solve worldwide problems and on a cosmic scale.

Comes post crisis and they grounded Superman, stole and censored him from his own mythos. What they didn't steal, they transfered to Krypton and Jor-el. DC/WB locked him out of time-traveling and cosmic adventures, so that the FLash and the Green Lanterns would have their own corners.

So, what you say here is the pure privilege and intellectual fraud of gloating on a character that is being sabotaged by the own companies that own him.

Go tell DC/WB to give Superman back everything that's his by right, update and modernise his link with the Legion as the equivalent to Bruce's training period, then we'll talk about who has more strengh of will. Otherwise you're just gloating with the rest of the disciples of Bob Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnosuperdude View Post
    This is intellectual fraud.

Superman trained and was the leader of the Legion of Super Heroes from about 11 years old. The pre-crisis Superman, at least, was.

This means that he was facing opponents like Emerald Empress, Mordru, Validus, etc, from 11 years old, while Batman would still be learning karate.

His training and learning was in loco, putting his life at risk against opponents that rivaled his power. Eventually he lost the leadership, but it didn't delete his period of learning and as leader of the team.

This means that pre-crisis Superman wasn't leader of the Justice League only due to popularity, simple logic analisys of the 2 characters shows that he was more qualified to lead a team than Batman, who mostly led one of Robin and Batgirl until post-crisis.

Superman also built the Fortress of Solitude by his own hands and filled it with technology that he found acroos the galaxies. He used to have created the textiles of his uniform by himsel. The S symbol was his own as well.

This and more, were what made Superman the equivalent of Batman, but on a cosmic scale. The strenght of will that Batman needed to solve problems mostly on Gotham and sometimes worldwide, Superman needed to solve worldwide problems and on a cosmic scale.

Comes post crisis and they grounded Superman, stole and censored him from his own mythos. What they didn't steal, they transfered to Krypton and Jor-el. DC/WB locked him out of time-traveling and cosmic adventures, so that the FLash and the Green Lanterns would have their own corners.

So, what you say here is the pure privilege and intellectual fraud of gloating on a character that is being sabotaged by the own companies that own him.

Go tell DC/WB to give Superman back everything that's his by right, update and modernise his link with the Legion as the equivalent to Bruce's training period, then we'll talk about who has more strengh of will. Otherwise you're just gloating with the rest of the disciples of Bob Kane.
    And none of that matters because Superman is superhuman he is not normal so the stresses and problems of pushing past your limit are not anywhere close to what Bruce goes through by trying to push past it.
    You can't even quantify anything Superman or any other superhero does but with Batman it is possible to note the stress his body would need to endure to be able to do anything like landing on a building consistently from a glide or taking a punch.

Appealing to popularity is also hilarious Bruce has led the JL,Outsiders, etc longer than Superman has even been a member of any team. If Superman were a better leader than him he would be leading not following Batman end of story

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    And none of that matters because Superman is superhuman he is not normal so the stresses and problems of pushing past your limit are not anywhere close to what Bruce goes through by trying to push past it.
    You can't even quantify anything Superman or any other superhero does but with Batman it is possible to note the stress his body would need to endure to be able to do anything like landing on a building consistently from a glide or taking a punch.

Appealing to popularity is also hilarious Bruce has led the JL,Outsiders, etc longer than Superman has even been a member of any team. If Superman were a better leader than him he would be leading not following Batman end of story
    If he's facing enemies with comparable power to him then Clark also put his body at risk. The only way the comparisson doesn't work is if DC did what they did post-crisis: limit him to Metropolis/Earth so that what he does is an underachievement compared to what human Batman does.

Pre-crisis it was very well established that Superman did on a worldwide/cosmic scale what Batman did in Gotham. Even some panels post crisis state that.

Your last argument is patently false. Even with the Batgod push post 2000s Kal-El still has more leadership time than Batman. You just proved my point. Popularity and DCWB conglomerate's financial needs are exactly what dictates that Batman leads the Outsiders while Superman is still not completely reconected to the Legion of Superheroes.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Disagree with almost every negative opinion in this thread. Snyder is killing it and I can't wait for the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Disagree with almost every negative opinion in this thread. Snyder is killing it and I can't wait for the finale.
    Glad for you that you're enjoying it.