Thread: Young Animal

Mighty Member

Default Young Animal

I thought Milk Wars was good. weird but good it sets the stage for the new line of young Animal comics. I didn't know about Young Animal until Milk Wars so I thought there should be a thread for it since its a new start for it

Incredible Member

I'll chime in to show my love for Young Animal. Doom Patrol is one of the only monthly(?) books I follow.

I really love this imprint. Cave Carson is the only ongoing I don't follow, but even that is pretty good.
    Shouldn't this thread be in DC's forum, thought?

Mighty Member

Yea your right can a mod change this
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 03-12-2018 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Consider it done :) - moderator

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'm also a fan of the imprint. Way's Doom Patrol is excellent even though the delays are awful. Milkwar was good but could have been better. Shade is great.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love this imprint. I was only reading Doom Patrol monthly, but I got the first trades for each of the other three recently. Shade was far and away my favorite after DP. I think Cave Carson was my least favorite, but it was still pretty good and I will most likely get the next one. But Shade and Mother Panic are top priority for the near future, as Doom Patrol Volume 2 isn't coming out in a while.

Haven't read the Milk War stuff by flipped through the first issue in the store. I liked what I say, especially the Superman bits. I'd be overjoyed if he and Wonder Woman were given to the Young Animal crew to go nuts with.

Has anyone heard why DP isn't being relaunched with the other three post-Milk Wars? Is it canceled after the second arc, or is Way still doing it, but with just ridiculous delays?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love this imprint. I was only reading Doom Patrol monthly, but I got the first trades for each of the other three recently. Shade was far and away my favorite after DP. I think Cave Carson was my least favorite, but it was still pretty good and I will most likely get the next one. But Shade and Mother Panic are top priority for the near future, as Doom Patrol Volume 2 isn't coming out in a while.

Haven't read the Milk War stuff by flipped through the first issue in the store. I liked what I say, especially the Superman bits. I'd be overjoyed if he and Wonder Woman were given to the Young Animal crew to go nuts with.

Has anyone heard why DP isn't being relaunched with the other three post-Milk Wars? Is it canceled after the second arc, or is Way still doing it, but with just ridiculous delays?
    Speculation is that because of the delays with volume one, they put DP on hiatus (with Eternity Girl filling the fourth slot) until they had enough material prepared to avoid a delay again during volume 2.
    With Eternity Girl being labeled as a mini-series, I don't expect volume 2 of Doom Patrol to start until EG ends, so they'll still have four titles going. Likely in August or September.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

SHADE is next level stuff. Castellucci is rad and effortlessly moves about in such interesting narrative directions. Each issue has such rich emotion, I almost feel like I'm "there".

I've really enjoyed all the Young Animal titles.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-22-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Spectacular Member

I’m trade waiting Doom Patrol, Milk Wars and Eternity Girl. Pulled Shade the Changing Girl and really liked it but kinda lost interest towards the end. Gonna switch to trades for Shade the Changing Woman (and double dip trades for Changing Girl) since non-cape stuff just reads better in collection form for me.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.