Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Finally a male superhero who can fly faster than Wonder Woman. I’m so sick and tired of Diana being the best at everything, having ALL the superpowers and constantly being the star of the stories in her own book and across her numerous appearances in other comic books, including the Justice League.

It’s finally time for someone else to shine and that someone else is Wonder Man, who by virtue of his genetalia is obviously far superior to Wonder Woman!

Incredible Member

Hopefully Jason loses the pants under his skirt before too long. Why would anyone wear pants under a skirt? A question that has long plagued Diana’s costume designers.

He should return Batman’s belt to the Batcave as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    It has something to do with the dark gods that tie to metal. Jason suit is from them I believe. Similar to darkseid suit.

I think you're right, ..but, what I'm suggesting is that the dark gods may not be a new thing. The comic, Hercules Unbound - the uniform Hercules died in was the same that he wore in HU - had a story, in which the Olympian gods spoke of or encountered their dark counterparts, shadowy beings resembling the ones in the preview. If James referenced HU, early on in the story, maybe he got the idea from what's going on in this METAL event, which the solicits say he gets into in #46 or #47. There might be something, here...

Might not. By the way, ..the shadowy dark gods in the preview look very familiar to me, right now. Look at the horned helmet on one of the giants and the curved shoulder armor on another. They would appear to be the same spectral beings featured on the cover of WW #46 (above), ..if anyone cares to check that out.

While I appreciate James's efforts to install Grail as Diana's arch, she's gotta pay some dues first. I need to see Grail plot something terrible and grand, without Papiseid's [Pronounce that 'poppy seed', if you like. LOL] involvement, ..before she gets the keys to the executive super-villain bathroom. She's supposedly the living embodiment of sentient death, the eradication of free will and intelligence that is the Anti-life Equation - but what does that mean? The impending and consequential threat of Grail - what terrible thing happens, if she gets her way - as with Cheetah and Circe, is much too unclear, ..and it needs to be as clear and bright, as the stars on Diana's behind, if she's going to be her arch-enemy. I want to see Grail pursuing an agenda of her own, soon, ..that even makes her father worry, a little. Darkseid basically wants to lobotomize the universe with the Anti-life Equation...scary.

Grail, somehow, is the living expression of that lobotomy. Why am I NOT scared? I should be scared.

All that said, Grail and Diana look very good together, on the cover. The battle between them - it looks right, somehow.

I cannot wait for WW #45.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Finally a male superhero who can fly faster than Wonder Woman. I’m so sick and tired of Diana being the best at everything, having ALL the superpowers and constantly being the star of the stories in her own book and across her numerous appearances in other comic books, including the Justice League.

It’s finally time for someone else to shine and that someone else is Wonder Man, who by virtue of his genetalia is obviously far superior to Wonder Woman!
    By virtue of his genitalia...?

Cracked a few ribs, laughing at that. I would say that I feel your pain...too busy laughing with you, though. Sorry.

I've got the same problem with Jason being more powerful, than Diana, that I do with Tempest having offensive powers that outclass Aquaman's. It just shouldn't be that way. Huntress isn't Batman's better, and Supergirl isn't more powerful, than Superman. Jason being faster, than Wonder Woman is just wrong. Hopefully, he'll be powered down, a little, after #45.

Million dollar question: You are Wonder Woman, and your twin brother, after disappearing for a week, shows up wearing an icon of ARES, god of war and sworn enemy of your entire Amazon race...but, you say NOTHING? Nothing? You have the wisdom of Athena, and you say nothing? Seriously...

How is that?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-10-2018 at 03:52 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

The only justification I can think of for Jason being more powerful than Diana is that they're gearing him up to be a villain, which makes me think Jason qualifies for the Heel Face Revolving Door trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

I think you're right, ..but, what I'm suggesting is that the dark gods may not be a new thing. The comic, Hercules Unbound - the uniform Hercules died in was the same that he wore in HU - had a story, in which the Olympian gods spoke of or encountered their dark counterparts, shadowy beings resembling the ones in the preview. If James referenced HU, early on in the story, maybe he got the idea from what's going on in this METAL event, which the solicits say he gets into in #46 or #47. There might be something, here...

Might not. By the way, ..the shadowy dark gods in the preview look very familiar to me, right now. Look at the horned helmet on one of the giants and the curved shoulder armor on another. They would appear to be the same spectral beings featured on the cover of WW #46 (above), ..if anyone cares to check that out.

While I appreciate James's efforts to install Grail as Diana's arch, she's gotta pay some dues first. I need to see Grail plot something terrible and grand, without Papiseid's [Pronounce that 'poppy seed', if you like. LOL] involvement, ..before she gets the keys to the executive super-villain bathroom. She's supposedly the living embodiment of sentient death, the eradication of free will and intelligence that is the Anti-life Equation - but what does that mean? The impending and consequential threat of Grail - what terrible thing happens, if she gets her way - as with Cheetah and Circe, is much too unclear, ..and it needs to be as clear and bright, as the stars on Diana's behind, if she's going to be her arch-enemy. I want to see Grail pursuing an agenda of her own, soon, ..that even makes her father worry, a little. Darkseid basically wants to lobotomize the universe with the Anti-life Equation...scary.

Grail, somehow, is the living expression of that lobotomy. Why am I NOT scared? I should be scared.

All that said, Grail and Diana look very good together, on the cover. The battle between them - it looks right, somehow.

I cannot wait for WW #45.

By virtue of his genitalia...?

Cracked a few ribs, laughing at that. I would say that I feel your pain...too busy laughing with you, though. Sorry.

I've got the same problem with Jason being more powerful, than Diana, that I do with Tempest having offensive powers that outclass Aquaman's. It just shouldn't be that way. Huntress isn't Batman's better, and Supergirl isn't more powerful, than Superman. Jason being faster, than Wonder Woman is just wrong. Hopefully, he'll be powered down, a little, after #45.

Million dollar question: You are Wonder Woman, and your twin brother, after disappearing for a week, shows up wearing an icon of ARES, god of war and sworn enemy of your entire Amazon race...but, you say NOTHING? Nothing? You have the wisdom of Athena, and you say nothing? Seriously...

How is that?
    The ram is Ares' symbol? I was thinking more it was to represent the Golden Fleece thing, for his namesake and whatnot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The only justification I can think of for Jason being more powerful than Diana is that they're gearing him up to be a villain, which makes me think Jason qualifies for the Heel Face Revolving Door trope.
    Nah, I think they're just going to kill him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Why do you think that?

I dunno...Jason looks an awful lot like an action figure to me, right now...a little ridiculous. Something tells me he'll pop up at Toys R'Us, before the editors ship him down the Styx!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-10-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I can see them suggesting Jason might be more powerful than Diana a set up for killing him off. Then they'd play it up like a horrible tragedy that such great potential was lost before his prime.

Meanwhile most readers will be...

It seems we settled the mystery of the Dark Metal Gods being behind this. It’ll be interesting to see how they are a twisted reflection of the gods of the Prime Earth universe.

It also seems the coloring is off in this issue with Diana and Jason’s skirt and pants respectively are black.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Why do you think that?
    From the first panel when this arc first started, Diana yells " No brother, please don't." Now Jason is telling Diana that the armor he was given is a gift of love that comes with a price. He will probably have to sacrifice himself for the greater good or some nonsense like that.

From the first panel when this arc first started, Diana yells " No brother, please don't." Now Jason is telling Diana that the armor he was given is a gift of love that comes with a price. He will probably have to sacrifice himself for the greater good or some nonsense like that.
    Well from the solicits for April, he’s using the gifts that the gods gave him. It’s how he uses it. I don’t think it would be death...

BANNED

The Anti-Gods of the Olympians in HU were only really saw in the last two issues and took on a massive monstrous form who managed to easily go throught a cosmic storm (looking like the multiverse storm going on in Crisis) to bring Olympus down. Hercules manages to do the same when he goes for the save but thanks to his special armor.

The Dark Ares was revealed in the end to be possesing Hercules sidekick, Kevin, a not so normal human in the ravaged apocalypse who finds Hercules in the first issue after he freeds himself from mystical chains after centuries.

The run does feature "a" Ares walking around the wasteland with his own troops, who claims to be behind behind the Great Disaster but I`m not spoiling further. Read it. It`s one of the most interesting Comics of the era and bar none the coolest thing DC ever did with the main character.

Or in my humble opinion, the only good thing done with the character.

I kind of wish Heracles hadn't died in this run or portrayed as a good guy...part of me has always wanted to see him work as a villain/anti-hero in Wonder Woman and the DCU at large in juxtaposition to the Marvel version of him.

Diana needs a couple of male foes that she can trade blows with and they can toss each other through buildings.

BANNED

I dont mind Herakles/Hercules as an antagonist to Diana just as so he stands for something that has merit instead of being a moronic villian because toxic masculamity.

Give what he believes merit so that both the moral and physical struggles both have can shine throught.