Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman 42 Preview

Can Jason die already?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Can Jason die already?
    Can Robinson leave already and take Jason with him. I'm so over this. lol
    Richard Alexander

Hum... I'm willing to bet that those giants are... well, the giants of Greco-Roman mythology. I've a bad feeling about this. Still, this double page is really beautiful in its abstract way. I still think that Robinson's run should have been early Rebirth instead of what we got, but at least, we're dealing with the aftermath of Darkseid War now, that's it.

[Totally unrelated, but could someone pm the issue number of Perez's run when he has dealt with Ares and all that stuff? I would like to read more of that era, but the first issue are boring me so much, than even flipping through them is a chore...]
    Last edited by Korath; 03-09-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hum... I'm willing to bet that those giants are... well, the giants of Greco-Roman mythology. I've a bad feeling about this. Still, this double page is really beautiful in its abstract way. I still think that Robinson's run should have been early Rebirth instead of what we got, but at least, we're dealing with the aftermath of Darkseid War now, that's it.

[Totally unrelated, but could someone pm the issue number of Perez's run when he has dealt with Ares and all that stuff? I would like to read more of that era, but the first issue are boring me so much, than even flipping through them is a chore...]
    Maybe the Titans?

Didn't solicits mention something about gods from the Dark Multiverse? Maybe it's connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe the Titans?
    Yeah, it's also possible, in which case, we could have the gate of Tartarus opening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't solicits mention something about gods from the Dark Multiverse? Maybe it's connected.
    That’s what I was thinking!

Well. At least that is sort on an interesting question mark.

Jason:"But I can fly faster now- even faster than you"

Why am I not surprised or shocked or even offended by this?
    Oh right........ because first I dropped this book when Rucka left because I knew
    Robinson was going to be writing it and because I have been enjoying buying and
    reading a lot of older and better Wonder Woman material in collected formats this
    past year.

Spectacular Member

Jason suit is just like darkseid's

"...But I can fly FASTER now--even faster than you..."

U-uuhh...Styx no?

Overall, the uniform looks a little better, here. I don't understand how Jason raises his arms overhead or above his shoulders, in that flying scene, ..considering someone welded a car bumper over his chest and back. This armored shirt, Jason's wearing, looks like Amazon design to me, ..but, apparently it isn't. You can all plainly see the ram's head that I spotted [Applause! SO glad it's not a beehive!] on Jason's chest, in #41, ..and I'll remind you that the Golden Fleece (another Argonauts reference) has a ram's head on it. The ram could also point to Ares or the Greek superhero, the Olympian of the Global Guardians.

Don't get me started on the belt, again.

Among the shadowy gods, ..I'm seeing one of them is wearing a toga-like robe and a helmet, topped with bull's horns. There is another with a very, very high collar - kinda' looks like one of the celestials from Green Lantern comics - and yet another with what looks like a shield, with a winged creature on it. If any of that sounds familiar to anyone, suggestions are welcome. I remember something about the Olympians having dark god counterparts from a DC comic, called Hercules Unbound, ..but can't much remember what they looked like. The mythical Titans or these 'dark gods' are definitely possibilities...

And the X-Men'll probably be wanting that costume, back.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-10-2018 at 01:14 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    "...But I can fly FASTER now--even faster than you..."

U-uuhh...Styx no?

Overall, the uniform looks a little better, here. I don't understand how Jason raises his arms overhead or above his shoulders, in that flying scene, ..considering someone welded a car bumper over his chest and back. This armored shirt, Jason's wearing, looks like Amazon design to me, ..but, apparently it isn't. You can all plainly see the ram's head that I spotted [Applause! SO glad it's not a beehive!] on Jason's chest, in #41, ..and I'll remind you that the Golden Fleece (another Argonauts reference) has a ram's head on it. The ram could also point to Ares or the Greek superhero, the Olympian of the Global Guardians.

Don't get me started on the belt, again.

Among the shadowy gods, ..I'm seeing one of them is wearing a toga-like robe and a helmet, topped with bull's horns. There is another with a very, very high collar - kinda' looks like one of the celestials from Green Lantern comics - and yet another with what looks like a shield, with a winged creature on it. If any of that sounds familiar to anyone, suggestions are welcome. I remember something about the Olympians having dark god counterparts from a DC comic, called Hercules Unbound, ..but can't much remember what they looked like. The mythical Titans or these 'dark gods' are definitely possibilities...

And the X-Men'll probably be wanting that costume, back.

It has something to do with the dark gods that tie to metal. Jason suit is from them I believe. Similar to darkseid suit.