Default MCU Valkyrie vs other top MCU women

I just rewatched Ragnarok last night. It occurred to me Val might be the top fighter in the MCU Women's Division.

**EDIT: Melee fights, only with standard weapons such as swords and daggers.**

For the sake of the thread, let's omit Hela from consideration since she is in a class all her own as a demi-god.

Does Val have the best feats? Does she outshine Gamora, Nebula, and Sif in one on one fights? I'm pretty sure she can out-drink them, but these 4 seem to be well-matched in other areas.

Strength, fighting skills, agility, durability, etc. are the obvious criteria.

Black Widow is one of the best CB fighters on the silver screen, but she's human and lacks the super strength and durability that the others do. She'd be killed with one well-placed punch. Same with Agent May, Mockingbird, and even Quake.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 03-10-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I just rewatched Ragnarok last night. It occurred to me Val might be the top fighter in the MCU Women's Division.

For the sake of the thread, let's omit Hela from consideration since she is in a class all her own as a demi-god.

Does Val have the best feats? Does she outshine Gamora, Nebula, and Sif in one on one fights? I'm pretty sure she can out-drink them, but these 4 seem to be well-matched in other areas.

Strength, fighting skills, agility, durability, etc. are the obvious criteria.

Black Widow is one of the best CB fighters on the silver screen, but she's human and lacks the super strength and durability that the others do. She'd be killed with one well-placed punch. Same with Agent May, Mockingbird, and even Quake.
    Hard to say but I think Quake would mess her up with her powers. I can't remember if the did anything with strength equal or greater than Sif.
    Power with Girl is better.

If powers are included (as Quake is mentioned as using hers), then you're forgetting Scarlet Witch.

Edit: Also, Mantis can one-hit-KO anyone, provided she can lay hands on them.
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-10-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Well, I'm talking hand to hand fighting. And MCU Mantis has not shown any fighting skill.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Well, if Pepper still has her Extremis powers, then anyone trying to hit her in melee will have to deal with her being thousands of degrees at the time.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-10-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Oh! There should be several dozen female extremis', at least one of which was named (who I can't be assed to look up). She should be fairly high up.

Also other contenders:

- Black Sky (Elektra)
    - Lucy Bauer (as a Darkhold ghost)
    - Yo-Yo
    - Ada
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-10-2018 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

Does Madame Gao have a shot here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Well, if Pepper still has her Extremis powers, then anyone trying to hit her in melee will have to deal with her being thousands of degrees at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Oh! There should be several dozen female extremis', at least one of which was named (who I can't be assed to look up). She should be fairly high up.

Also other contenders:

- Black Sky (Elektra)
    - Lucy Bauer (as a Darkhold ghost)
    - Yo-Yo
    - Ada
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Does Madame Gao have a shot here?
    Great suggestions!

For Black Sky Electra and Madame Gao, I guess it would depend on how their durability is, and if they are strong and fast enough to successfully tag someone like Valkyrie or Gamora. Val was capable of tagging Hela, just not hurting her.

Yo-Yo is certainly fast enough to blitz anyone here. Is she strong enough to do damage to an Asgardian warrior?

Aida is certainly powerful in many aspects -- I will have to look up some vids of her melee feats. She's definitely no slouch in this group.

Any of the Extremis examples are certainly viable contenders, too. Enhanced strength, etc, plus they, uh, bring the heat. I think they lose to someone like Val or Gamora due to a well-timed swing of a sword that decapitates them.

--------------

As for the original post, I will edit it to specify only melee fights with standard weapons.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 03-10-2018 at 02:05 PM.

In the MCU, the Ancient One seemed very skilled, and female.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Great suggestions!

For Black Sky Electra and Madame Gao, I guess it would depend on how their durability is, and if they are strong and fast enough to successfully tag someone like Valkyrie or Gamora. Val was capable of tagging Hela, just not hurting her.
    Strength-wise Black Sky should be at least able to have some impact on Val - she was putting hurt on Luke, which is no mean feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    In the MCU, the Ancient One seemed very skilled, and female.
    Yes, I'm glad you mentioned her. She is definitely one of the highest skilled in combat. And she had the added bonus of being centuries old. That allowed her to hone her skills. She had the natural speed to hang with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Strength-wise Black Sky should be at least able to have some impact on Val - she was putting hurt on Luke, which is no mean feat.
    Good point. Her fights with Daredevil overshadow the other moments to me, which is why I hadn't thought of this example. That, and Defenders was very forgettable in general. To be able to mess with Cage ought to put her in the upper tier.

----------------------------

I realize this isn't an official Rumbles battle, but more of an ongoing gauge to help sort out the heirarchy of awesome characters based on what we fans have seen so far. With Infinity War around the corner, we will have much more source material to discuss. Hopefully, we will see Mantis in action!!!!