Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default New Super-Man and the Justice League of China #21 Preview/Discussion

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...e-of-china-21/

Really great preview that showcases a lot of what makes this book what it is. The different attitudes between the Trinity toward the world and heroism, interesting use of cultural differences and the political landscape and GIANT CRABS. What more could you ask for in a comic?
    Last edited by Assam; 03-10-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Huh... he ran back to them. Well that's interesting.

Thanks for the preview..

Astonishing Member

Definitely a fun preview.

A Wonder-Woman being referred to as an angel...where have I heard that before.

Deilan's apparently well known.

And I'm not sure but has her tiara been snake themed before this?

Yeah definitely fun seeing the politicalness to this story. Wonder where it'll go.

Maybe the team will get help from the actual Aquaman at some point. It'd certainly help politically I'd assume. Or make it worse. Which would also be fun.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Definitely a fun preview.

A Wonder-Woman being referred to as an angel...where have I heard that before.

Deilan's apparently well known.

And I'm not sure but has her tiara been snake themed before this?

Yeah definitely fun seeing the politicalness to this story. Wonder where it'll go.

Maybe the team will get help from the actual Aquaman at some point. It'd certainly help politically I'd assume. Or make it worse. Which would also be fun.
    I doubt Aquaman will show up since he's fighting a Civil War in Atlantis, and DC has actually worked hard to keep him out of any other book currently (even having Mera replace him on the Justice League for a while). If anything, Mera will show up to try to be the diplomat she's trying to be in her own mini-series.

Bat-man of China does kinda have a point. Sorry Aqua-man of North Korea but I think you may kinda create an international incident.

The JLC throwing around North Korean Tanks i'm sure will go down well in Pyongyang and with the Chinese Government. It will probably lead to Dr Omen trying to use the Chinese lanterns to take down the league again for going again the interests of the PRC.
    Last edited by Katana500; 03-12-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Should be interesting regardless.

Bat-Man is definitely not wrong but it's not a surprise the others wouldn't take kindly to just leaving it as such.

I wonder if North Korea has any powered beings of its own on their payroll. It's a bit of a surprise to see them want to seemingly kill Aqua-Man.

BANNED

I know it can seem like sometimes I praise this book too much, but it's really telling that despite a lot of the comic being shown off in the preview, there was still more interesting stuff going on in the back half of this issue that we hadn't seen than there is in most full comics DC puts out.

We've got Avery screwing up and feeling guilty about it, Omen's superiors coming down on her, Kwang-Jo learning more about China and bonding with Deilan, for that matter giving Deilan some panel time away from the rest of the Trinity, the revelation that Kenan and MingMing got together during the timeskip, thus painting his recent flirtations with Avery in a whole new light (Damn it Kenan!), Kenan talking more with I-Ching and All-Yang (I really love it when characters have people inside them to talk to and it's being done perfectly here), the various political conflicts at play and the reveal of the source of Kwang-Jo's powers, which I think someone actually pitched awhile ago, and his crazy design as the Aqua-Man of North Korea. And all while being hilarious as well.

I praise this book too much? I say I don't praise it enough!

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

My ancestral homeland is going to have to intervene in Korea so I predict more appearances of the Green Lantern Corp of China.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I know it can seem like sometimes I praise this book too much, but it's really telling that despite a lot of the comic being shown off in the preview, there was still more interesting stuff going on in the back half of this issue that we hadn't seen than there is in most full comics DC puts out.

We've got Avery screwing up and feeling guilty about it, Omen's superiors coming down on her, Kwang-Jo learning more about China and bonding with Deilan, for that matter giving Deilan some panel time away from the rest of the Trinity, the revelation that Kenan and MingMing got together during the timeskip, thus painting his recent flirtations with Avery in a whole new light (Damn it Kenan!), Kenan talking more with I-Ching and All-Yang (I really love it when characters have people inside them to talk to and it's being done perfectly here), the various political conflicts at play and the reveal of the source of Kwang-Jo's powers, which I think someone actually pitched awhile ago, and his crazy design as the Aqua-Man of North Korea. And all while being hilarious as well.

MingMing and Kenan already together. I agree that that revelation was a twist though now it makes Kenan look slightly bad though he seems pretty oblivious. I prefer the two of them together than Superman/Flash, im intrigued where we think the relationship stuff will end up.

I think Baixi may not like Kwang-Jo and may take a similar stance on the matter to MingMing. Maybe a kinda split with Avery and Deilan wanting to protect him at all costs, Baixi and MingMing want to give him back to China with Kenan most likely the one stuck in the middle.

I wonder if Aqua-man of North Korea will become a hero or a villain. Right now it looks like he will be a hero but then why would he be fighting the team in a future issue?

Green Lanterns of China are cool too, we will probably see them attempt to stop the team again next issue!

WOW.. That Aqua-man transformation was amazing..

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

I was actually about to make a post talking about Kenan and Mingming. I just re-read the entire series, and I saw the seeds of Kenan and Mingming getting together. That twist didn't surprise, but felt more satisfactory although it does make Kenan look bad. Aquaman is looking to become a pretty good character, and hopefully will become part of the team at the end. If not, then maybe we'll have a new enemy for the team (they could use some more potentially recurring villains).

Half surprised the real North Korea hasn't been up in arms about this issue yet.

The North Korean aquaman gives off a Green Ranger vibe. I'm expecting him to bust out a pan flute and summon the dragonzord any minute now.

I thought it was a good issue tho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The North Korean aquaman gives off a Green Ranger vibe. I'm expecting him to bust out a pan flute and summon the dragonzord any minute now.
    This team has already been compared to Power Rangers and Sentai plenty of times...kinda makes me wish they could somehow get involved in Shattered Grid.