Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Enjoyed it. Looks like the JLC vs The Lanterns next issue. Kenan playing the field should be interesting. Love triangles never end well. Biaxi is right but heroes always do the right thing not the political one. It looks like a co-main event. Aqua-Man vs North Korea as well. Should be an exciting issue. This is turning out to be a great series. Reading the first trade as well to get caught up with the whole series.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I know it can seem like sometimes I praise this book too much, but it's really telling that despite a lot of the comic being shown off in the preview, there was still more interesting stuff going on in the back half of this issue that we hadn't seen than there is in most full comics DC puts out.

We've got Avery screwing up and feeling guilty about it, Omen's superiors coming down on her, Kwang-Jo learning more about China and bonding with Deilan, for that matter giving Deilan some panel time away from the rest of the Trinity, the revelation that Kenan and MingMing got together during the timeskip, thus painting his recent flirtations with Avery in a whole new light (Damn it Kenan!), Kenan talking more with I-Ching and All-Yang (I really love it when characters have people inside them to talk to and it's being done perfectly here), the various political conflicts at play and the reveal of the source of Kwang-Jo's powers, which I think someone actually pitched awhile ago, and his crazy design as the Aqua-Man of North Korea. And all while being hilarious as well.

I praise this book too much? I say I don't praise it enough!
    I see nothing at all wrong with praising the book as much as you do. I wish more of DC's team books were as good as this one is and to be honest with you I can't stop talking about it and recommending it to people either. It's just that good and there is a lot of depth here that you just don't find in a lot of other books these days. I don't think I need to say anything more since you already said what I was going to say anyway and probably better than I would have so I'll just say I loved this issue.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG