Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Definitely not what I was expecting but I trust Patty Jenkins. Besides, it can't be any worse than Lex Zuckerberg.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Definitely not what I was expecting but I trust Patty Jenkins. Besides, it can't be any worse than Lex Zuckerberg.
    Yes it can: no matter who they cast for any project, just remember: it can always be or get worse.

The casting of Wiig, who is already 44 years old and 5'5" (vs Gal Gadot's 32 years old and 5'9"), makes me think this Cheetah will be a lot more of a psychological foil than a physical one. Oh sure there will be a brawl, but that won't be the highlight, any more than Supes vs Luthor was or Bats vs Joker was in any of the films where they squared off.

Again, getting a more Priscilla Rich vibe here even tho they say she is Barbara Minerva, at this point, I'm thinking she may "Grant Gustin Flash" her portrayal into one that is more Priscilla than Barbara (fine, I MAY be projecting here).

I can't see a Wiig Cheetah's main draw being how much stronger and/or faster she is than Wonder Woman.

But that's just my two cents on the matter.

I don't know Wiig, so I can't really judge the idea that her casting is good or bad. But I can't help but not picture her as a physical foe for Diana. A Veronica Cale I could see it, but here, I wonder how Patty will make it work.

For a more recent, less comedic role, Wiig pops up in The Martian (I'd forgotten until I was watching it again last night)

I can definitely see her in the role.

Definitely not who I was expecting, but I have always enjoyed Wiig, so color me interested.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Ultimate Member

I doubt that Patty would make Barbara "comedic." I mean even if you want to say that the villains in the first film were a bit too two-dimensional, they weren't played up as flat-out comedic at least. Ares was played pretty straight once the reveal happened.

So at most, I can see maybe Barbara being a bit more witty and light-hearted initially, so that people would buy Diana becoming friends with her (if they end up going the "tragic friends turned enemies" Rebirth route that is), and gradually becoming more "dark" as the power consumes her.

Mighty Member

Comment Deleted

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    For a more recent, less comedic role, Wiig pops up in The Martian (I'd forgotten until I was watching it again last night)

She also played a menacing role in Mother too which came out last year so she has range outside of comedy.

I remember when Wiig popped up in The Martian. I wasn’t able to take her seriously in that very small role. Not feeling this Cheetah casting (but then I’m prejudiced against the DCEU version of WW anyway, so there’s that...).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

You’re right! I forgot she was in that. I agree

I'm on the fence, picturing Wiig as a Cheetah I see this

Found an article on "The Darkness of Kristen Wiig":

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...-kristen-wiig/

So apparently she can do more than be funny.

It still feels like Iffy Casting At The Time. But, keep in mind, Iffy Casting At The Time has such alumni as Michael Keaton as Batman, Heath Ledger as the Joker, Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark, Gal Gadot as Diana, Toby Maguire as Peter Parker, and yes ... even that total unknown skinny beanpole in 1977 Christopher Reeve as Kal-El.

So I'm liking this casting a bit more now.

Cheetah, unlike Lex and the Joker, doesn't seem to have a master plan; so, Jenkins and Wiig will have to create, as if from whole cloth, a Cheetah that we've never seen before. Exciting...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Cheetah, unlike Lex and the Joker, doesn't seem to have a master plan; so, Jenkins and Wiig will have to create, as if from whole cloth, a Cheetah that we've never seen before. Exciting...
    Yeah, that's where I'm leaning now as well: Wiig's Cheetah won't follow any one established take on the character, but will be built from the ground up by her and Jenkins. I'm expecting an uneven mix of Priscilla, Deborah, Barbara, and maybe a tiny smidge of Sebastian, as well as brand new expressions from Wiig herself.

Whether or not Wiig's "new stew" Cheetah would be a hit like Gadot's Diana or a miss like Thewlis' Ares remains to be seen.

Cheetah does at time have master plays. I mean than again her animalistic side takes over. We know intelligent still is intact.So how much of her master plan and intelligence should be shown in comics and the movies