Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman June 2018 Solicitations

WONDER WOMAN #48
    Written by JAMES ROBINSON • Art and cover by JESUS MERINO •
    Variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “The Dark Gods” part three! Every hero on Earth has tested their mettle against the Dark Gods—except for Wonder Woman, who’s not on Earth! With Diana lost in space fighting off the Gods’ assault on the Star Sapphires, it’s down to Jason to protect her planet and her friends…but, uh, he hasn’t won a fight yet…
    On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    WONDER WOMAN #49
    Written by JAMES ROBINSON • Art and cover by JESUS MERINO •
    Variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “The Dark Gods” part four! Humanity worships new masters. Its heroes have fallen. And Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman stands alone!
    On sale JUNE 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

I wonder if the cover featuring Supergirl and Jessica Cruz means they'll be showing up in this?

A Cosmic female hero team-up ?

I'm feeling a superheroine team up with the Zamarons. Could definitely be fun. Make a hawk a dove, win a war with love out there in space with Carol Ferris, Diana.

I wonder if Jason's suit will reveal secret powers to him when he fights back, like The Greatest American Hero.

It would when Diana is gonna like.... talk to Donna or Cassie again.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It would when Diana is gonna like.... talk to Donna or Cassie again.
    I hope this leads up to them coming into the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the cover featuring Supergirl and Jessica Cruz means they'll be showing up in this?

A Cosmic female hero team-up ?
    From the solicits it looks like they'll be teaming up with Jason....

Really hoping this is the end of Robinson's run. Just can't connect with his story.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    From the solicits it looks like they'll be teaming up with Jason....

I can just see it now. Harley Quinn meeting Jason and being like, "You're trying to tell me you're a male Amazon? Sorry sugar, but Wondy already told us they were all traded to Hephaestus for some shiny new swords and then slaughtered by Donna Troy when Hecate made her go almost as nuts as I am."
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

James Robinson's Wonder Woman is soulless, boring, slow and uninteresting.
    WW is my favorite character but I don't want to spend 6 dollars on her which is a shameful truth.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The Batman and Wonder Woman title has more of an interest in concept, art and writing. Why couldn't that be the main in the main title?

Astonishing Member

Who are "The Dark Gods"?

So, the Olymp...I mean ..'Jason' survived "Amazons Attacked!" This is the sing I've been awaiting to assure me that Jason will totally be a cosplay, by next fall - mark my words. He's an official male Wonder, earning his way (at the leading lady's expense) ..and the twin thing plugs him in, quite well. That's a sort of justice, after seventy-plus years, with no official male Wonder.

That said, I ready for Jason to slide into occasionally recurring (special guest star) character status. I'm ready to see him inherit big brother Herc's cottage in Elexinore, pop up in some other titles [SUPERGIRL!], maybe, join an experimental superhero team, like a rebooted Outsiders, inspire an action figure ..and, basically, branch out on his own! We've had an introduction, leaving us wanting more (for now); DC Comics' hold on the 'Olympian', as costumed superhero copyright/trademark is secure...time for WONDER WOMAN to get her title, back.

The title of the comic we're reading is Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-19-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    So, the Olymp...I mean ..'Jason' survived "Amazons Attacked!" This is the sing I've been awaiting to assure me that Jason will totally be a cosplay, by next fall - mark my words. He's an official male Wonder, earning his way (at the leading lady's expense) ..and the twin thing plugs him in, quite well. That's a sort of justice, after seventy-plus years, with no official male Wonder.
    I just don't see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I just don't see how it is.
    With the film's success, Wonder Woman is on a different level of visibility, now, ..and there's more money to be made. The creation of Jason is part of that - a hook, a way into being interested in Wonder Woman, for a young male demographic that might otherwise...not be?

I've told some of our fellow postors, here, that there was a male cosmic enforcer, named Andros, on the 70s WW show. Seeing him and Wonder Woman team up always left me with the happy feeling that liking her didn't mean I had to give up cool guy superheroes - that there was room in the Wonder verse, for both. When Andros appeared, I didn't like Wonder Woman, less - no, no, no...I liked Wonder Woman MORE! Jason, while lacking Dack Rambo's elegance, reminds me much of Andros, and I have no doubt he will appeal to young male comic readers, in much the same fashion.

Yes, I'm sure there are some, who will say, "If you guys can't take Wonder Woman, without Jason, ..then, don't take her, at all!" Trust me...DC Comics would rather those action-loving, male X-Men and Avengers fans give Wonder Woman a try, with a little Jason on the side, and before the next WW film comes out, ..rather, than not at all. Sidebar: I don't think it's an accident that Jason, suited up, looks like an X-Men.

In the end, this can only be good for the merchandising and expansion of the Wonder-brand into places, not yet reached. I can imagine, after seeing Jason, teamed with Wonder Woman or on his own, ..that there will be more young men rushing to see Wonder Wonder 2 or renting the 2017 film on cable - NOT less. I don't think Jason is the end of anything for WW...

He's just the beginning.

Just the same, I'd hoped to read that the WW comic would be Jason-free, for a while, after WW#47. He needs to run off to Elexinore, a perfectly manly, bare-chested, American Northwest locale for him - nice stand-in for Wolverine's Canada - and try his superheroing, up there. Seriously...I think James needs to end "Amazons Attacked", with Jason owning some badassery, and turn the spotlight BACK on the leading lady!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-19-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

An alternate take of Diana will appear in MICHAEL CRAY #8. She looks like a Big Barda/Wonder Woman hybrid...

WILDSTORM: MICHAEL CRAY #8
    Written by BRYAN HILL from a story by WARREN ELLIS
    Art by N. STEVEN HARRIS and DEXTER VINES
    Cover by DENYS COWAN and BILL SIENKIEWICZ.
    Constantine and Diana Prince promise Michael they can help free him from the alien consciousness growing inside him, but in order for them to help, Cray must keep them both alive...protecting them from his former team as Trelane aims war at them all. How far is Cray willing to go to rid himself of the thing festering inside his mind? And how far will that alien inside Cray go to protect itself?
    On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC • $3.99 US • RATED T+