Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Which I've NEVER understood. She's in a cartoon, she shouldn't be missing in the comics. Sort it out, spider office.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Meanwhile poor Anya is just gone.
    She's in limbo making company to Charlotte and Julia at least

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which I've NEVER understood. She's in a cartoon, she shouldn't be missing in the comics. Sort it out, spider office.
    Marvel at this point is well aware that Anya doesn't sell well though, but she could show up in some super team at least just so she's somewhere, instead of just showing up in Spider-Verse's flashbacks
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 03-23-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Man that bugs me about Julia so much, she goes into a coma right before Superior, awakens at the end of Spider-Verse, randomly shows up in an arc of Daredevil, and then disappears until Prowler. It's just so weird we've gotten absolutely no interaction with her and anyone other than Hobie.

Not to mention I'm still confused how much power she has, she said she lost connection to the Web after Spider-Verse, but never brings it up again, you think that may have been a bigger deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Man that bugs me about Julia so much, she goes into a coma right before Superior, awakens at the end of Spider-Verse, randomly shows up in an arc of Daredevil, and then disappears until Prowler. It's just so weird we've gotten absolutely no interaction with her and anyone other than Hobie.

Not to mention I'm still confused how much power she has, she said she lost connection to the Web after Spider-Verse, but never brings it up again, you think that may have been a bigger deal?
    Marvel itself blatantly doesn't remember how much power she was supposed to have:

ASM#666

Prowler#3

And she lost connection to the web because Spider-Otto killed the Great Weaver, it should have returned after Karn became the Great Weaver, but if Daredevil's and Prowler's comic are any hint, she doesn't have any powers, which makes no sense since the Great Weaver was restored so fast, and a cloned Cassandra still had her powers, and even if Julia were to lose her Madam Web powers, she still should have her Spider-Woman/Arachne powers since every other Spider maintained their powers even after Great Weaver was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Marvel at this point is well aware that Anya doesn't sell well though, but she could show up in some super team at least just so she's somewhere, instead of just showing up in Spider-Verse's flashbacks
    Yeah, fair enough about not giving her a solo, but put her on a team or as supporting cast in another spider's book - maybe Miles's.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, fair enough about not giving her a solo, but put her on a team or as supporting cast in another spider's book - maybe Miles's.
    Two quipping spiders in the same book? Not sure that'd be a good idea, that kind of shit is better on smaller doses.

Honestly they should really separate Anya more from Peter, not just the powers, her personality too, at least as Spider-Girl she acts pretty much like Peter, saw Jessica doing that once in her comic too, guess Marvel is trying more Spidey "clones" until someone else works, which is a pity when some were pretty different from him and were changed to be like that...

I was just thinking, they're both teenagers, they star together on a cartoon (along with Peter and Gwen) and Miles already has other superheroes in his supporting cast (Bombshell and Goldballs). Got a better idea?

I was just thinking, they're both teenagers, they star together on a cartoon (along with Peter and Gwen) and Miles already has other superheroes in his supporting cast (Bombshell and Goldballs). Got a better idea?
    Honestly don't know what they could do since, well, everything has been tried with her, being a supporting character in another comic, being in some team, and getting her own solo, I'm not sure of the overall writing quality of those, but what I've seen seemed decent enough, though at least if she were on Miles comic there would be a much smaller chance of it being cancelled like the rest, still don't think two quipping spiders would be that good of an idea, but hey, it can still work.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Being a recurrence in a Miles book isn't so bad.

Or at least show up for big spider events as she does visit 616 to pay rent.