View Poll Results: Which first Disney Xmen movie do you want?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Five

45 35.16%
  • Giant-Sized X-men

31 24.22%
  • 90S xmen

42 32.81%
  • 90S Xmen but Storm leading

6 4.69%
  • All female X-men (stars the 8 most popular xladies)

4 3.13%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Right now we all need to correctly assume that Disney's X-Men movies are slapstick action comedies. there is a 75% chance that is what they are since those are the current slate of disney movies. the other 25% are basic movies that are a bit more serious still putting those movies below the brilliance of Logan, X2 and DOFP.

Disney has to come out publicly and tell us their plans in full details.

what kind of director they will use
    what stories they will want to tackle
    what film direction they will want to take
    how X-men will differ from their interchangeable slates of current movies.

Disney has not done any of that yet so we don't know. the only thing I keep hearing from Disney is it will be fun and that quickly gets irritating, old and concerning since X-Men should not be the same type of fun as the current Disney movies.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 03-12-2018 at 05:05 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post

Disney has to come out publicly and tell us their plans in full details.
    No they dont
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    No they dont
    Yes they do.

They already said Captain Marvel movie is going to be an "Action Comedy". Funny, (no pun intended.) going back 40+ years, I've never thought of Carol being funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Yes they do.
    If they don't you're saying people won't still see the movie in droves? Ok sure
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    They already said Captain Marvel movie is going to be an "Action Comedy". Funny, (no pun intended.) going back 40+ years, I've never thought of Carol being funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I wonder what the deal is about making it action comedy. Her story fits a more military GI Jane movie. she is also a tragic character. Marvel already has 85% of their movies in action comedy category since Thor and Hulk recently jumped ship though it made no sense for the characters and the story since Thor and Hulk were the most serious less caricature of the Avengers. Why push captain marvel there too especially after Wonder Woman that is overall drama.

Could be beyond obvious they will push xmen there. Once they do, their movie would have already lost to DOFP, First Class, X-Men and X-Men 2 before they get a director. Am afraid some hard core x-men fans will favour X-Men 3 and apocalypse over it because a bad and disappointing serious xmen movie will still be better than a slapstick action-comedy Disney X-Men movie.

As much as I'd like to see the O5 take center stage, I don't think that will be big or ambitious enough for Disney's liking. That's why I believe the best concept for Disney to pursue is the Giant-Sized X-men approach, one that might start with the O5, but end with a much bigger cast that includes Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and maybe a few others. The original X-men movie had a similar premise, starting with the X-men already being established and then growing as Wolverine got involved. But that was a different era with many limiting factors. I don't think Fox could've been too ambitious with that movie since superhero movies weren't as big at the time. With Marvel Studios and Disney, they can afford to dream bigger. They can afford to have colorful uniforms, flashy personalities, and everything else that made Giant Sized X-men so memorable. It's hard to say what approach they'll take when the time comes, but I think it'll be big, bold, and giant in its own right.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    An X-Men movie that is actually about X-Men.
    This. No more. No less.

I'd like to just see one about the O5 for once. allude to other mutants near the end of the film, but i would like it if Marvel took the time to set up mutants instead of just throwing every popular mutant in right off the bat

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Purists won’t like it, but that first arc of Ultimate X-men was pretty fire. Great cast too (O5 - Angel + Storm, Colossus and Wolverine).
    This!!!! Pretty much a solid modern adaption ..but that cast might be to big

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I'd like to just see one about the O5 for once. allude to other mutants near the end of the film, but i would like it if Marvel took the time to set up mutants instead of just throwing every popular mutant in right off the bat
    Agreed. If we're going to get a rebooted cinematic X-Universe, then I'd love for them to do it right and stick closer to the source material this time.

Quote Originally Posted by khairston99 View Post
    This!!!! Pretty much a solid modern adaption ..but that cast might be to big
    GotG - 5 members

Avengers - 6 members

Unfortunately movie 1 will probably have a small roster

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    GotG - 5 members

Avengers - 6 members

Unfortunately movie 1 will probably have a small roster
    Once you get more than 6 main characters, some of them are bound to end up as little more than wallpaper unless you seriously extend the running time of your movies like they did with the Lord Of The Rings movies.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    An X-Men movie that is actually about X-Men.
    I have no idea what this means.

What are X-Men other than an allegory for minority and oppression stories?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I would like to see an animated X-Men movie. Everything's live-action these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

What are X-Men other than an allegory for minority and oppression stories?
    They're superheroes. I don't see minorities fighting giant robots and alien monstrosities.