Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Storm vs Storm

BANNED

Of course if that’s not proof enough I’ll add more.

If water and cold are not enough than her Winds will do the Job as they have done before. Because Storm can activate her powers faster than Johnny can he will be meet with wind pressure he himself will not be able to counter. Her Winds can do some heavy damage like blowing up the top of a mountain top, or creating air pressure that destroyed an entire building or creating air pressure higher than Jupiter. as such below:

B76F61F1-46DE-4BB3-840F-9012FCDE73CF.jpg
    79194F91-E48A-4D85-9A67-2EBBEA4AB615.jpg
    50BD09B1-4B13-472D-8AB5-EBA0487F35D1.jpg

I have a lot more scans to prove my case of her taking him out before he tries anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    In what way do any of those scans demonstrate Storm not needing to actually think to intentionally target someone with her powers? I mean that in several ways, one of them being "those images are so small as to be unreadable"

Guys, there is a middle ground between giant thread destroying scans and tiny unreadable ones. Just put them up on imgur and then post a link.
    It’s in my second post go look

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Based on what?
    Based on her beating him in Contest of Champions, based upon the fact fire needs to oxygen to ignite or sustain itself.

And even in his last moments he made a lot of incorrect assumptions about her abilities. He loses.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-12-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storms powers have always been described as functioning in less than a conscious thought or before her adversary had time to react. And storm already fought human torch years ago and he lost. This was before all of here speed and power feat upgrades.
    Even the person who brought up said loss did so in the context of "the Torch specifically refused to use a power that would have won that fight" if you're talking contest of Champions.

Your own scans fly in the face of how you are saying Storm's powers work as we see her intentionally attacking people. Her "attacking someone before they had time to react" means nothing more than attacking someone before that specific person could react. That doesn't mean they can attack everyone, before they can react, or you are arguing that every single time someone attacked Storm and hit her, or did so before she could use her powers on them, was Storm being jobbed out. People hit Storm, Storm has lost fights. People have hit Storm without her being able to do much about it or pre empt it. Are you arguing that every single time that kind of thing has happened, Storm is underperforming?

Storm has to actually want to attack someone, to attack someone, that requires her to you know, want to attack someone. Meaning she has to have the notion to attack them, form in her brain.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    A Lightning Bolt isn’t the only way she can snuff out his flames. Storm has plenty of other attacks that can help. A heavy monsoon can be conjured up in the blink of an eye before Johnny can react. His flames have been stuffed out many times by attacks like these.
    I'm not arguing on the fight itself, but the lightning bolt is the fastest, most direct, most straightforward way for Storm to attack Johnny. Any other moves are simply too slow just because it depends on other factors, like gravity. Sure, Storm can summon those other attacks faster than others can think, but the attacks themselves still need time to either manifest or actually have their intended effect. Storm can flash-freeze Johnny, but even a flash-freeze is a turtle compared to a simple lightning bolt. Storm really doesn't need anything else in her arsenal if her objective is to simply KO him.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    This would be the very stupidest thing she could do, if for no other reason then because water falls at the speed dictated by gravity and reduced by air resistance. She would be a charcoal briquet if she does anything other than go for the kill shot.
    Well, what ^ said.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storms powers have been many times activated before her opponents can react. The moment he says flame on he would be doused out in seconds. She will stop his flames about 80% of them time.
    Again, zapping him would be faster and wouldn't even need seconds to do. No need for fancy hurricanes and cold fronts and oxygen-drainage.

At this rate, the thread is less about Storm vs. Johnny, and more about Storm vs. The Urge To Needlessly Show Off Superfluous Super Powers for Her Fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Because she isn't any faster than Johnny.

I went looking for some Storm speed feats, and this is what I found:

In fairness, Spidey punched her while she and every other superhero in the room was in a catatonic, dreamlike state. The punch was to snap her out of it (followed by a hilarious "Please don't hurricane me" by Spidey). Though, I suppose, to Storm's credit, Spidey snapped out of it first and chose Storm as the next person to snap out.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Based on her beating him in Contest of Champions, based upon the fact fire needs to oxygen to ignite or sustain itself.
    You mean the fight where Johnny specifically refused to use a power in a way he will not here?

I have a lot more scans to prove my case of her taking him out before he tries anything.
    Storm has to think to use her powers in a way that would actually take him out. Your scans show nothing more than this.

... you actually posted the scan yourself, while ignoring the part of it where Johnny straight up stops fighting and refuses to nova flame her?

Again, given how fights are structured here, he will not be refusing to use powers that could win a fight for him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm not arguing on the fight itself, but the lightning bolt is the fastest, most direct, most straightforward way for Storm to attack Johnny. Any other moves are simply too slow just because it depends on other factors, like gravity. Sure, Storm can summon those other attacks faster than others can think, but the attacks themselves still need time to either manifest or actually have their intended effect. Storm can flash-freeze Johnny, but even a flash-freeze is a turtle compared to a simple lightning bolt. Storm really doesn't need anything else in her arsenal if her objective is to simply KO him.

Well, what ^ said.

Again, zapping him would be faster and wouldn't even need seconds to do. No need for fancy hurricanes and cold fronts and oxygen-drainage.

At this rate, the thread is less about Storm vs. Johnny, and more about Storm vs. The Urge To Needlessly Show Off Superfluous Super Powers for Her Fans.

In fairness, Spidey punched her while she and every other superhero in the room was in a catatonic, dreamlike state. The punch was to snap her out of it (followed by a hilarious "Please don't hurricane me" by Spidey). Though, I suppose, to Storm's credit, Spidey snapped out of it first and chose Storm as the next person to snap out.
    Not true about her powers being to slow other than lightning. She has instantaneously flash frozen opponents before they could react. Use her winds to deflect bullets at point blank range, etc.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So, I know this was completely ignored, and will be again, but just one more time, with even a slight elaboration:

Like I know even as I type this it's going to be completely ignored again, or replied to in a way that completely ignores the content of this post but here's what it is:

1) Both these characters, given how they have shown they can use their deadliest powers just by thinking, can one move kill each other in an unavoidable way.

2) Given how we try to structure nerd fight debates here, in many ways to try specifically avoid things like, say, every Storm thread on this board, both characters will go for using said one move kill each other powers as opposed to some other inefficient thing.

3) That means this entire fight comes down to "who thinks first".

4) As a result, to argue that one of them wins more than 50% of the time, would require providing a variety of feats that demonstrate that person having considerably better reaction time performances.

5) The problem of doing that, is even if you abandon the basic standard of "reaction time feats that are not ridiculously too good given what the character is presented as and more or less capable of", they both have piles of nonsense reaction time feats just fine, from melting or blocking bullets mid air to hitting Spiderman to what have you.

6) So you come right back to.. neither of them are really faster than the other by any notable degree. Both can think and unavoidably kill the other person. This is why people keep calling this fight a 50/50 quickdraw.

Not true about her powers being to slow other than lightning. She has instantaneously flash frozen opponents before they could react. Use her winds to deflect bullets at point blank range, etc.
    And Johnny has hit Spiderman and the like and himself melted bullets. So... even just rolling by the standard of "and that's all valid", how does Storm have better reflexes?

BANNED

I think I need to keep going because it seems the point is coming through clearly.

As I mentioned before Storms powers have also, activated Subconsciously due to her connection the the Planet. It’s all connected to her emotional state of mind. Because Storm is able to pull of all these devestating attacks before Johnny has to “think” how do you expect him to stop a gale force wind clocking at Winds speeds higher than what earth generates? How do expect him to protect himself if Storm dropped the temp around to far below zero or inside him for that matter. I
    2A69D213-1736-4795-ACB5-9AC2870DFB37.jpg

There is so much more Storm can do to Johnny Storm, but the only thing I’m hearing from the opposing side is Nova Blast. It sounds to me he has no real way of Storm made the Entore battle field drenched in Blizzard or Thunderstorms spanning the entire content?

Thread closed until further notice.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.