Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Those Who Have Been Worthy: Marvel's Many Mighty Thors

The Nine Realms shake at the coming of a new, female Thor, but who else has wielded the God of Thunder's power? Read on!

Full article here.

On my phone and so I only just skimmed the article but Red Norvell, Thor Girl, Puddlegup and Storm were never Worthy of Mjolnir.

Even Superman only lifted the hammer only briefly in extreme circumstances.

Heck, even Eric Masterson only seemed like he lifted Mjolnir the first time because Thor was calling it. After that, Thor's soul was in his body or whatever so it severely muddies the waters.

The article acknowledges that they are alternate Universes but the mention of Jane Foster and Earth X Thor....well, I can't but help feel like there's an agenda....
    Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus; 07-18-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Just shows you Shocker was right there are Thors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    The article acknowledges that they are alternate Universes but the mention of Jane Foster and Earth X Thor....well, I can't but help feel like there's an agenda....
    Yeah, it's called "meeting the word count requirement".
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Extraordinary Member

Am I a bad person because I find that pic of Loki pointing and laughing at chick Thor really funny?

BANNED

I'm glad it's confirmed that Storm is also worthy of the mjolnir.

by Daniel Govar

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Another What If would be Vol 2 #114 where Crusader the daughter of Captain America and Rogue (with Carol Danver's mind) is worthy to lift Mjolnir, whereas Balder the son of Thor and Enchantress wasn't.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Okay, Thor is getting replaced. I get that. What I don't get is how the new person is "Thor." Isn't that his birth name? Just like Odin is Odin. When someone takes over, they're not called Odin. It makes sense for heroes with codenames, but not Thor when that's his actual name. Unless the new woman's name is Thor too or she's codenamed Thor, it doesn't make sense.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Okay, Thor is getting replaced. I get that. What I don't get is how the new person is "Thor." Isn't that his birth name? Just like Odin is Odin. When someone takes over, they're not called Odin. It makes sense for heroes with codenames, but not Thor when that's his actual name. Unless the new woman's name is Thor too or she's codenamed Thor, it doesn't make sense.
    I think it's just an easier sell if she takes the codename Thor. It's always been the power of Thor, right? Otherwise the masthead would read "Emily: heir to the power of Thor!" That's a mouthful.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Okay, Thor is getting replaced. I get that. What I don't get is how the new person is "Thor."
    I mentioned it elsewhere, maybe she presumes to use the name "Thor" whether Thor himself or the All-Mother approves or not. In other words, she may not care what others think.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The short about Jane Foster is interesting in that her hair does turn blonde when she becomes Thor.
    Makes me wonder if this could be applied to Angela since she has red hair and people have been speculating
    the new Thor was her. Going to be surreal if she is when I think back to when I first saw her in Spawn never in a million years thinking she would be Marvel Thor someday (who did?)

If Eric Masterson got to call himself Thor, then I guess this new woman can too.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Another What If would be Vol 2 #114 where Crusader the daughter of Captain America and Rogue (with Carol Danver's mind) is worthy to lift Mjolnir, whereas Balder the son of Thor and Enchantress wasn't.
    OMG! I think I love the Captain America/Rogue pairing idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    The short about Jane Foster is interesting in that her hair does turn blonde when she becomes Thor.
    Makes me wonder if this could be applied to Angela since she has red hair and people have been speculating
    the new Thor was her. Going to be surreal if she is when I think back to when I first saw her in Spawn never in a million years thinking she would be Marvel Thor someday (who did?)
    Currently Jane has a lack of hair due to her treatments though and she was against any magic healing her so I do not know if they would make the obvious choice in her. Roz would be another overly obvious choice and the RD picture is the only one wearing her "shade" so far.
    I almost wonder if the helmet just has a built in weave or piece to it. If the woman transforms body-wise you would not think she would need a mask to hide her identity. I really do not care for the fact we will not know who the person is and this will be a part of the ongoing saga, for me I need to know who is behind the mask sooner than later to invest in the character.

There are some issues with the characters in this article though. Some of them never held the hammer "proper". Storm only used the hammer, still in Thor's hand to break her hammer, Thor girl had her own version. Not saying they would not have been worthy but they have not technically weilded the hammer on their own.
    Last edited by Daymare; 07-18-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    If Eric Masterson got to call himself Thor, then I guess this new woman can too.
    Wasn't he 'posing' as Thor while the real Thor was dead or something?

Its a bit different when the guy is still alive and walking around.