Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Those Who Have Been Worthy: Marvel's Many Mighty Thors

The Nine Realms shake at the coming of a new, female Thor, but who else has wielded the God of Thunder's power? Read on!

Full article here.

On my phone and so I only just skimmed the article but Red Norvell, Thor Girl, Puddlegup and Storm were never Worthy of Mjolnir.

Even Superman only lifted the hammer only briefly in extreme circumstances.

Heck, even Eric Masterson only seemed like he lifted Mjolnir the first time because Thor was calling it. After that, Thor's soul was in his body or whatever so it severely muddies the waters.

The article acknowledges that they are alternate Universes but the mention of Jane Foster and Earth X Thor....well, I can't but help feel like there's an agenda....
    Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus; 07-18-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Just shows you Shocker was right there are Thors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    The article acknowledges that they are alternate Universes but the mention of Jane Foster and Earth X Thor....well, I can't but help feel like there's an agenda....
    Yeah, it's called "meeting the word count requirement".
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Extraordinary Member

Am I a bad person because I find that pic of Loki pointing and laughing at chick Thor really funny?

BANNED

I'm glad it's confirmed that Storm is also worthy of the mjolnir.

by Daniel Govar

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Another What If would be Vol 2 #114 where Crusader the daughter of Captain America and Rogue (with Carol Danver's mind) is worthy to lift Mjolnir, whereas Balder the son of Thor and Enchantress wasn't.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    On my phone and so I only just skimmed the article but Red Norvell, Thor Girl, Puddlegup and Storm were never Worthy of Mjolnir.
    Actually, Red was worthy. He wasn't when he first wielded the hammer, but sacrificing yourself to save Asgard earns you a lot of brownie points in the worthiness stakes.

Someone else being "worthy" of Thor's hammer is one of those Big Moments that should never actually come to pass. But fans get to be writers and they want to do it, and the creative (or editorial) discipline required to say no clearly left the building long, long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. Walker View Post
    Someone else being "worthy" of Thor's hammer is one of those Big Moments that should never actually come to pass. But fans get to be writers and they want to do it, and the creative (or editorial) discipline required to say no clearly left the building long, long ago.
    I think maybe "writing" doesn't mean what you think it does.