Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I belive a frog was found worthy and yet when Thor was a frorg all he did was hang out with Morlocks.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    That's not truly wielding the hammer since Thor is still holding it the entire time.
    Honey... please re-read the title of the thread. It doesn't say who in marvel have wielded the power of the hammer but it states who have been worthy. As shown by the following scan if you lift the hammer then you are worthy.

and storm was able to lift the hammer which caused thor to say what:

The proof is all there all from canon yet people still wish to dismiss it. You shouldn't underestimate storm abilities she has proven time and time again that she is one of most formidable forces in the mu and this act here is just one of the reasons why. Not only did she demonstrate she was worthy but her will allowed her to overcome lokis spell enough to destroy stormcaster .
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-19-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. Walker View Post
    Someone else being "worthy" of Thor's hammer is one of those Big Moments that should never actually come to pass. But fans get to be writers and they want to do it, and the creative (or editorial) discipline required to say no clearly left the building long, long ago.
    I think maybe "writing" doesn't mean what you think it does.

That's not truly wielding the hammer since Thor is still holding it the entire time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Yes, Storm is worthy! Yeah, women are worthy.

"Before the fight began, Wonder Woman found Mjolnir, lifting it and transforming into an Asgardian/Grecian mash-up for the ages. It was awesome, though all too brief, as Wonder Woman decided it wouldn't be fair to take on Storm with such an advantage."
    So... Wonder Woman’s standards are higher than Mjolnir’s.

I want Wonder Woman/Storm crossover team up now. Two Goddesses are better than One
    A crossover team up between these two would be epic. I love Wonder Woman!!!

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Honey... please re-read the title of the thread. It doesn't say who in marvel have wielded the power of the hammer but it states who have been worthy. As shown by the following scan if you lift the hammer then you are worthy.

The proof is all there all from canon yet people still wish to dismiss it. You shouldn't underestimate storm abilities she has proven time and time again that she is one of most formidable forces in the mu and this act here is just one of the reasons why. Not only did she demonstrate she was worthy but her will allowed her to overcome lokis spell enough to destroy stormcaster .
    Except she didn't actually lift the hammer because Thor was still holding it the entire time. That doesn't count as lifting Mjolnir anymore than Red Hulk during Loeb's run or Hulk during Waid's run.

BANNED

Except she didn't actually lift the hammer because Thor was still holding it the entire time. That doesn't count as lifting Mjolnir anymore than Red Hulk during Loeb's run or Hulk during Waid's run.

There's a difference. The mjolnir was flying towards Thor and if Hulk was worthy, he could have stopped it. Hulk was not able to. That's why Thor knows he is not worthy.

But with Storm, when she lifted it, Thor was even surprised that she was able to that's why he exclaimed "what?"

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    There's a difference. The mjolnir was flying towards Thor and if Hulk was worthy, he could have stopped it. Hulk was not able to. That's why Thor knows he is not worthy.

But with Storm, when she lifted it, Thor was even surprised that she was able to that's why he exclaimed "what?"
    Thor was still holding it the entire time which means the worthiness enchantment doesn't come into play unless he lets go as shown by decades of comics. Until Storm is shown lifting it unassisted, she's not anymore worthy than Hulk.
    Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 07-19-2014 at 11:41 AM.

So thor is the one who lifted the hammer in the scan I provided? Clearly he did not. Why did he say "what" as Storm curled her arm in a 90 degree to strike the hammer? Its because he was not expecting her to be able to wrestle or control the movement of the hammer while it was in his poasession akin to how hulk was not able to in the scan you provided. So your scan doesn't counter my argument but in fact supports my statement that she is worthy.

Thor was still holding it the entire time which means the worthiness enchantment doesn't come into play unless he lets go as shown by decades of comics. Until Storm is shown lifting it unassisted, she's not anymore worthy than Hulk.
    Hmmm no storm doesn't need to do anything more to prove her worth. If you choose to disagree with canon that is your perogative but it doesnt change what occurred on panel. Any unbiased reader should be able to conclude that what storm did on panel was not supposed to happen at least from the perspective of thor based on the context of what he said and what was shown on panel. Moreover, as she grabs the hammer the inscription is shown so that the reader can see it before she lifts the hammer to strike stormcaster. That wasnt by accident my friend, it was to provide context to the reader to demonstrate she is worthy wherein thor thought she was not.

So thor is the one who lifted the hammer in the scan I provided? Clearly he did not. Why did he say "what" as Storm curled her arm in a 90 degree to strike the hammer? Its because he was not expecting her to be able to wrestle or control the movement of the hammer while it was in his poasession akin to how hulk was not able to in the scan you provided. So your scan doesn't counter my argument but in fact supports my statement that she is worthy.
    So do you think Red Hulk was worthy? He was able to move the hammer while Thor was holding it. And yes Thor was lifting it in the scan you posted since it was in his hand the entire time and he never released his grip. And he said what for the same reason he had a question mark in the Hulk pages.

Hmmm no storm doesn't need to do anything more to prove her worth. If you choose to disagree with canon that is your perogative but it doesnt change what occurred on panel. Any unbiased reader should be able to conclude that what storm did on panel was not supposed to happen at least from the perspective of thor based on the context of what he said and what was shown on panel. Moreover, as she grabs the hammer the inscription is shown so that the reader can see it before she lifts the hammer to strike stormcaster. That wasnt by accident my friend, it was to provide context to the reader to demonstrate she is worthy wherein thor thought she was not.
    An unbiased reader? Look in the mirror, your as biased as anyone in this thread. If the author wanted to make it clear Storm was worthy he shouldn't of had Thor keep ahold of the hammer the entire time when it's canon and has been for decades that the worthiness enchantment doesn't apply if someone else holds it at the same time.

BANNED

So do you think Red Hulk was worthy? He was able to move the hammer while Thor was holding it. And yes Thor was lifting it in the scan you posted since it was in his hand the entire time and he never released his grip. And he said what for the same reason he had a question mark in the Hulk pages.
    Red Hulk never moved the hammer. Thor was calling for his mjolnir so the mjolnir flew itself and since the Hulk is holding it, he is carried by it. Hulk did not and was not able to move nor lift the hammer that's why Thor knew Hulk would fall if he release the hammer.

For example, if I hold Green Goblin's goblin glider and the goblin glider is flying towards Green Goblin, am I moving the glider? I am not unless I was able to change its course.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 07-19-2014 at 01:15 PM.

I think Storm is worthy. It would be cool if Guggenheim revisits this while he is on X-Men (past his 4 issue X-Men in space arc).
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Red Hulk never moved the hammer. Thor was calling for his mjolnir so the mjolnir flew itself and since the Hulk is holding it, he is carried by it. Hulk did not and was not able to move nor lift the hammer that's why Thor knew Hulk would fall if he release the hammer.

For example, if I hold Green Goblin's goblin glider and the goblin glider is flying towards Green Goblin, am I moving the glider? I am not unless I was able to change its course.

That looks like Red Hulk causing the hammer to move to me.

Ok based on your scan with red hulk I see your point.

[QUOTE=Alpha to Omega;323317]So do you think Red Hulk was worthy? He was able to move the hammer while Thor was holding it. And yes Thor was lifting it in the scan you posted since it was in his hand the entire time and he never released his grip. And he said what for the same reason he had a question mark in the Hulk pages.

An unbiased reader? Look in the mirror, your as biased as anyone in this thread. If the author wanted to make it clear Storm was worthy he shouldn't of had Thor keep ahold of the hammer the entire time when it's canon and has been for decades that the worthiness enchantment doesn't apply if someone else holds it at the same time.
    I stand by everything I said with the scan I provided but the red skull thing does put a hole in my argument. Im not sure how red hulk was able to do this what thors secret is. I haven't red the issue nor do I know what occurred after this panel.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I think Storm is worthy. It would be cool if Guggenheim revisits this while he is on X-Men (past his 4 issue X-Men in space arc).
    I agree this would be nice.

*walks in*..with storm's level of physical strength ..that hammer by all means SHOULD NOT have moved ..*walks out*
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡