Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    *walks in*..with storm's level of physical strength ..that hammer by all means SHOULD NOT have moved ..*walks out*
    Physical strength has nothing to do with lifting Mjolnir.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    *walks in*..with storm's level of physical strength ..that hammer by all means SHOULD NOT have moved ..*walks out*
    She was wielding Stormcaster at the time. It should give her a strength boost like all other Mjolnir knockoffs.

lol this fight is stupid.
    I belive storm is worthy of lifting the hammer.
    you don't, that cool too.
    shall we move on.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Except she didn't actually lift the hammer because Thor was still holding it the entire time. That doesn't count as lifting Mjolnir anymore than Red Hulk during Loeb's run or Hulk during Waid's run.

The main issue I have with your argument is that you're making the assumption that the writer considered these previous encounters when he had Storm lift the hammer. I've read enough comic books to know that they don't always consider previous established canon before they go and tell these types of one-off stories. It's obvious from the scan that Kyss provided that he didn't consider these encounters, because it's heavily implied that she was worthy by the mere fact that they provided the inscriptions of the hammer on the exact panel that she started lifting it. That's no coincidence, and I'm certain the writer was implying that she did lift it and was worthy despite the examples you provided of previous encounters where it wasn't the case

Now, I'm not saying you're exactly wrong on the points you brought up, because there are clear contradictions in the scans you provided, but I don't think it necessarily discredits what happened in the scan Kyss provided. That is unless you can provide one where this particular writer discredits what happened in that particular issue.

Until then, I'd have to side with Kyss and say that it was implied that she was worthy.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Thor was still holding it the entire time which means the worthiness enchantment doesn't come into play unless he lets go as shown by decades of comics. Until Storm is shown lifting it unassisted, she's not anymore worthy than Hulk.
    Also, the "what" could have been "wtf are you doing?" Don't know if she's worthy or not but, yeah...Rulk did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Physical strength has nothing to do with lifting Mjolnir.

my point is .. thor's strength isn't something he can just turn off .. she gripped it and moved it while he was holding it .. it doesn't make sense .. and he even said "What?" meaning that he wasn't expecting it to move , therefore Ororo IS worthy
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Also, the "what" could have been "wtf are you doing?" Don't know if she's worthy or not but, yeah...Rulk did the same thing.
    She was wielding Stormcaster at the time. It should give her a strength boost like all other Mjolnir knockoffs.
    So I did a bit of research to understand why Rulk would be able to wield mjolnir and according to Tom Breevort two (2) conditions must be met if the wielder is not worthy:

during a pause at one of our editorial retreats a few years ago, Jeph Loeb asked me if there were any circumstances under which the Red Hulk might be able to lift Thor’s hammer. We batted it around for awhile, and after some thought I told him that I could foresee two circumstances under which that might work: 1) If Thor still had his hand within the hammer’s thong or in his hand as well, so that the worthiness enchantment was defeated in that [Thor] himself [was] still in contact with the weapon, and 2) if the battle occurred in space where there was no gravity, and therefore the hammer was weightless. Jeph ended up using versions of both of these approaches in the story he thereafter wrote.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...-thors-hammer/

Now when you take both of these conditions you have a scenario where an unworthy opponent could wield it. In Storms case they were not in space, so again it can concluded that the writer is demonstrating that she is in fact worthy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    That is how it reads. They are fighting, she is fighting her thrall. When she grabs the hilt (which anyone can do, they just do not get to lift or wield the power) he is not expecting her to move his arm for their hammers to touch. He is ecpecting a struggle for the hammer.
    It's all head canon depending on the choice of character. The writer of the article should have said "who could possibly" or "who has been given similar" because if the choice of characters. In the body he speaks to wielding the power which some of them never have.
    This could go on for pages because it has now become a dog's bone.

It seems fairly obvious from the Storm panel that Thor was holding it at the time and she was just wrapping her own hand around it too. So unless somebody has another panel that can definitively show her worthiness, it's still up in the air. She could be worthy, since she is a hammy character and so is Thor haha. It seems to me that we are seeing high levels of Storm favouritism that overrates the character and adds bias to the posts. I'm pretty sure the other day I saw somebody say that she was a-list on the level of Spider-Man which is hilarious.

Anyway on the topic of those who have been worthy. Since Jane Foster was worthy in a What-If, do you guys think that she would be worthy in 616 too?
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

That looks like Red Hulk causing the hammer to move to me.
    It does show Rulk moving the mjolnir. This link: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...-thors-hammer/ implies that Rulk is not worthy of the mjolnir.

I believe that the best thing to resolve this is to ask Mr Yost himself (since he wrote that issue) if Storm is worthy of using the mjolnir or not. I tweeted him. Hope he replies.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It's interesting how at the time, I couldn't wait for the REAL Thor to come back... but looking back, I REALLY enjoyed that era. I was kind of hoping they would go and try another 'mortal with the power of a god' spin on Thor...
    The whole Masterson thing is what caused me to drop Thor after having been with it since Simonson. If I could, I'd wipe his memory from the minds of everyone!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    It seems fairly obvious from the Storm panel that Thor was holding it at the time and she was just wrapping her own hand around it too. So unless somebody has another panel that can definitively show her worthiness, it's still up in the air. She could be worthy, since she is a hammy character and so is Thor haha. It seems to me that we are seeing high levels of Storm favouritism that overrates the character and adds bias to the posts. I'm pretty sure the other day I saw somebody say that she was a-list on the level of Spider-Man which is hilarious.

Anyway on the topic of those who have been worthy. Since Jane Foster was worthy in a What-If, do you guys think that she would be worthy in 616 too?
    Really though there are only a handful of individuals piling on posts about the character, overall there is not a lot of favoritism but there is definitely a skewed reality of head cannon. In terms a-list, I suppose to a fan she may be but reality is she is only recognizable because of physical traits. A black woman with white hair (now a mohawk), "Adam" only knows her because of this. Make her hair black or brown, she vanishes. Maybe C-tier in reality, she is an A-list X-man though.
    I think Jane would be too obvious as she has been brought in almost strategically as a herring and given the cancer angle. That could also be the ploy too though, make it obvious, everything thinks it is too obvious, and that ends up being who it is. I think there will be a character hidden in plain sight...no idea who though. Aaron won't make it too obvious, on Thor he has been at the top of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    It does show Rulk moving the mjolnir. This link: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...-thors-hammer/ implies that Rulk is not worthy of the mjolnir.

I believe that the best thing to resolve this is to ask Mr Yost himself (since he wrote that issue)if Storm is worthy of using the mjolnir or not. I tweeted him. Hope he replies.
    I believe Guggenheim wrote that story.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I believe Guggenheim wrote that story.
    Oh! but thank you for letting me know

It would be cool to see T'Challa using the hammer for a while.