Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Any villains you want to see put on hiatus?

I'm tired of seeing the Wrecking Crew pop up every month in a different book. Also tired of Mole Man. These two I want to see put in limbo for a long time. Do you have any villains you want to see gone?

I don't want him gone, but I definitely think Marvel could go a couple years without Thanos popping up.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I liked the Wrecking Crew's appearance in Black Bolt recently.

I'd like a break on Kang. He's a very convoluted character who seems too easy to use but too hard to use effectively. I'd also like to stop seeing Thanos. Thanos should ideally be a rare threat.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I don't want him gone, but I definitely think Marvel could go a couple years without Thanos popping up.
    This

Let someone else take point

he needs a rest for a while imo

Yes, definitely:
    Kang, Ultron, Kingpin, Bullseye, Red Skull, Apocalypse, Norman Osborn, Dr Octopus, Kraven, Lizard, Electro, Vulture, Rhino, Scorpion...

BANNED

Thanos, The Wrecking Crew and Norman Osborn. I find them all incredibly boring at this stage- not much changes and they're used constantly. I want more variation.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I am so tired of the Wrecking Crew and the Hood being the only villains Bendis is using these days, starting with Infamous Iron Man and now in Invincible Iron Man.

BANNED

I would love for all villains that have had more than five or so major appearances to be permanently retired.

carnage; symbiotes.. all clone villains.

Bullseye. I know he's been out of the picture for a while but I could do without seeing him again for a very, very, very long time.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Stop ****ing using Kraven.

Dan Slott on Iron Man. He's gonna bring back some obscure villains for sure considering he used people like the Zodiac and that Sand-woman enemy of Thor's.

Some of the major ones really should be used sparsely.
    Thanos, Ultron, Norman Osborn, Dr. Octopus, Bullseye, Apocalypse, Red Skull, etc... Though far from a major one, if I never saw the Hood again I'd sure be happy.

In their place, let others try to leave their mark, featuring them at the center of mega-stories and events, such as the Scarlet Centurion, a definitive Zodiac, Pagan, Lord Templar, Superia, The Squadron Sinister, Baron Mordo, the Owl, Sin, Moses Magnum, a new Gatherers, etc...

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 03-12-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Thanos. Loki, if he's still considered a villain.

Generally speaking I tend to think they overdo symbiotes.

And I think Wrecking Crew is a bit overused. They're handy guys when you need bricks, but I think it sort of becomes a problem because of how they drift between being Thor level and street level. I think marvel needs to create another set of lower tier bricks to handle the lesser stuff and give the Crew a break. Just leave them for the most Thor level stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the Wrecking Crew pop up every month in a different book. Also tired of Mole Man. These two I want to see put in limbo for a long time. Do you have any villains you want to see gone?
    I don't think the Wrecking Crew shows up as much as they did during the 90's. Back then, a month didn't go by in which they didn't show up, to soundly trash a hero, or a super-hero team, or be soundly trashed by them. But yeah, I agree. Marvel needs another set of got to bad guys.

Peace