Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Norman Osborn, i cannot see him anymore. He should have stayed dead anyway.

Thanos, like everyone else here...

Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I don't think the Wrecking Crew shows up as much as they did during the 90's. Back then, a month didn't go by in which they didn't show up, to soundly trash a hero, or a super-hero team, or be soundly trashed by them. But yeah, I agree. Marvel needs another set of got to bad guys.

Peace
    On the other hand, it would be intresting to see a MCU version of the Wrecking Crew giving Thor, or some other Avenger, a little bit of trouble.

Peace

Spectacular Member

Kang was the first to come to mind. Other than a few here and there, I'm not sure if I've thoroughly enjoyed a Kang story since the Busiek Avengers days. I would even be okay if they did the same kind of stories with Zarkko, I'm THAT done with Kang.

They've gone back and forth on how villainous the High Evolutionary is so many times that I'm kinda sick of seeing him, too.

Also, while less ubiquitous, Shadow King gets less and less effective with each use.

I prefer Thanos when he's off doing his own thing as opposed to being the big bad.

Apart from this, I pretty much echo the same sentiments of everyone else that has posted

Ultron and Magneto.

I like the current Ultron Pym but Ultron has been exhausted completely.

Same with Magneto.

Tarantula. He was brought back in Dead No More but I hope that is not followed up on for a while (or preferably forever).
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I'm up to my neck in Venom

Agree about Thanos and Wrecking Crew

Also Norman Osborn could take a seat for a while.

If i never see the vulture again I am ok with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Ultron and Magneto.

I like the current Ultron Pym but Ultron has been exhausted completely.

Same with Magneto.
    One is a villain and one isn't. Captain America and Iron Man wouldn't have worked with him if he was still seen in a villain's light. Carol talked tough recently but didn't do anything either.

Astonishing Member

Doc Ock is the big one for me. He has been overused for the past 8 years and it has got to the point now that I want to tear any comic he appears in to pieces, sticky tape it back together, and then tear it to pieces again. So I could go a few years without him around.

Thanos needs a rest and I hope we get in once Avengers 3 and 4 are done.

Loki needs to go away. Thor has a multitude of Villain's. Yet you'd think the only one he has is Loki. The character has worn his welcome out in the movies as well (Ragnarok reduced him to a gag character.) Similar deal with Magneto in the X-books (again, like Loki and Venom, he is more of an anti-hero these days.)

Haven't been too enamoured with Ultron recently. The last time I enjoyed the character was when Busiek was writing The Avengers. Kang as well.

Know this is a Marvel thread, but I am sick to death of the Joker over in Batman. Like Dan Slott with Doc Ock, Scott Snyder has an unhealthy fascination with him that is bordering on a fetish. When he was given All Star he said he was finally able to tell stories with villains he never had the time to write in Batman. Something he COULD have done if he hadn't done Joker related stories every second arc.

The Hood. He's ok, but Bendis has used him to an annoying degree.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Magneto and Venom.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I don't want him gone, but I definitely think Marvel could go a couple years without Thanos popping up.
    I agree 100%.

Kang seems to reaching over saturation, imo.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Tarantula. He was brought back in Dead No More but I hope that is not followed up on for a while (or preferably forever).
    Didn't he appear in the recent Iron Fist arc talking trash about Creed having worked with the heroes?

But to answer the question, definitely Hood. He really isn't anything interesting enough to warrant just how overused he became in Bendis' books. And not a villain but an organization but no Hydra for a while as even before Secret Empire, we've been seeing them way too much over the different Marvel mediums.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 03-18-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Thanos, Doctor Doom, Ultron, Loki, and Kang. Modern writers miss the whole point with characters like these. They were cool because when they showed up you knew something big was going to happen. Now it is like "oh look it's Thanos again ....... meh who cares".