Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

It's not so stupid when you come to realize that Valeria is a horribly evil disgusting monster.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It's not so stupid when you come to realize that Valeria is a horribly evil disgusting monster.
    How did Reed and Sue let that happen?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I totally agree that Victor is devil spawn and that his intelligence was a result of his mom's bargaining.
    There's no canon that points to that level of influence by Mephisto. When his father was alive his childhood was fairly stable and he had little interest in the outside world. It was his father's death more than anything else that set him on the path he took from that point on. I wish writers would deal with that more often than his mother's ill fated attempt to use the dark arts to fight back against their people's oppression. His father was a good man and a healer. It's like they've forgotten about Werner von Doom completely.

I think the idea that all Marvel super geniuses are the result of tampering by Mephisto is a pretty good one.

It would finally explain why they're talented at things like creating evil Thor clones, creating time machines that they apparently first think of using in an attempt to nick some of Blackbeard's treasure, and building prisons for their erstwhile friends in the Negative zone, rather than, say, building an affordable pollution-free electric car.

This would also make Mephisto more competent than he is typically portrayed as being, Spider-marriage aside.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I think the idea that all Marvel super geniuses are the result of tampering by Mephisto is a pretty good one.
    They are all geniuses because of something in NY water supply.

All Marvel super-geniuses are either from NY or studied in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post

Aren't super-hero stories ultimately tales about morals and positive values (most of the time)?
    If you're gonna take issue with that this is probably the wrong genre of entertainment for you.

Meh... that's normal for Marvel's standards. If you are a super, you can do anything, from mass murder to infanticide to cannibalism to murder-rape, and everybody will forgive you in a few months and act as if nothing happened...

I mean, Bishop travelled to the future and committed planeticide, killing most of the population of Earth and making the planet almost uninhabitable, but he comes back, says that he was being influenced by an evil spirit, and everybody forgives him instantly...

Logan has committed genocide against Native American tribes so a lodging company could get their land, killed all the women and children in a japanese village and took the men to a concentration camp where they were used as guinea pigs... He wasn't even being mind controlled while being that... and nobody stopped treating him like a hero after that was discovered, not even himself...

During Civil War I, Tony Stark arrested his friends and sent them to extradimensional Guantanamo without a fair trial, unless they accepted to become slave-soldiers for the government. He committed acts of terrorism against Atlantis. He created a Thor clone as his personal goon. He betrayed She-Hulk and Spider-Man. And if we remember what he did during the Crossing... Oh boy! He killed women in cold blood, betrayed his teammates, his country and his planet and allied with Kang...

Hulk led an alien army to invade Earth, conquered New York, and forced other heroes to fight like gladiators...

Red Hulk allied with a cabal of supervillians and tried to make a coup against the US government...

Dr. Nemesis allied with Hitler and tried to kill most of the population of US with poisonous gas during WWII.

And the list goes on...

The problem is, every writer ignores past events, and that makes all characters look like a bunch of sociopaths. A character is despised by the other characters only if the writer needs them to do so, and they rarely make any effort to explain why they are so hated while other character who have done far worse are loved: Cyclops was treated like a monster for trying to destroy the Terrigen Cloud, while everybody kept treating the Inhuman Royal Family like heroes. Hank Pym isn't forgiven for a slap, but nobody cares that Logan killed loads of women and children in cold blood... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Why the hell were Hansel and Gretel walking in the woods all alone?
    Hansel and Gretel was a terrifying horror story before being flanderized: There was a famine, and people were starving. Their stepmother, who hated them, convinced their father to murder them to save on food. Their father didn't have the guts to give them a clean death, so he left them in the forest so they would slowy die of exposure and starvation or be devoured by wolves. Hansel and Gretel couldn't return home because they would be killed, so they went deeper into the woods and were lured into a trap by a cannibalistic witch who planned to fatten Hansel like a pig, cook him alive and eat him, and both Hansel and Gretel knew about the witch's plan. Gretel saved her brother by burning the witch alive.

Now, imagine you listen the story for ther first time. It's a f***ng horror story about murder, betrayal, pain, sadism and cannibalism...
    Last edited by Habis; 03-17-2018 at 11:10 AM.

They are all geniuses because of something in NY water supply.

All Marvel super-geniuses are either from NY or studied in NY.
    Isn't Banner from Ohio?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Isn't Banner from Ohio?
    And Reed is Californian.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    While I wouldn't describe Val as a monster, I do think it's fair to say she essentially has Doom wrapped around her little finger.

So honestly I don't see the problem with their relationship. I think overall it benefits everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While I wouldn't describe Val as a monster, I do think it's fair to say she essentially has Doom wrapped around her little finger.

So honestly I don't see the problem with their relationship. I think overall it benefits everyone.
    Except for Reed and Sue image as parents.

Aren't Reed and Sue friends of Scott Lang? Can you imagine a conversation between those people?

"What's wrong, Scott?"

"Ah, I'm just remembering Cassie, how she used to be so vivid and all... before Doom happened to her... Anyway, doesn't matter. How are the kids? Where is Valeria?"

"... she is in Latveria. Spending time with "Uncle" Doom."

"..."

"..."

Maybe Cassie just didn't spend enough time with violent dictators, huh?

Except for Reed and Sue image as parents.

Aren't Reed and Sue friends of Scott Lang? Can you imagine a conversation between those people?

"What's wrong, Scott?"

"Ah, I'm just remembering Cassie, how she used to be so vivid and all... before Doom happened to her... Anyway, doesn't matter. How are the kids? Where is Valeria?"

"... she is in Latveria. Spending time with "Uncle" Doom."

"..."

"..."

Maybe Cassie just didn't spend enough time with violent dictators, huh?
    For that matter, imagine the conversation between Kristoff and Doom. He killed his first crush. Reed did make the odd choice of picking a clearly mourning Lang as his substitute for the Future Foundation. It played out as expected. Very fortunate that no one died. And, in Val's defense, she or a future version of her was instrumental in Scott avenging his daughter.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-17-2018 at 01:34 PM.

These must be your head canon. They're not likely to appear in the comics.

Next thing we know, someone will blame Dr. Doom for not potty-training her well enough. Now... I would buy many comics of that issue.

iMan 42s

Every time I return to this thread I basically end up seeing the same circle jerk play out.
    And y'know what, I actually have an answer that blows the title of the thread out of the water.

Valeria turned out fine.

No really. Doom likes her and she likes him. She's also a toddler (a toddler that can do quantum physics but that's neither here nor there) and she goes to see Doom on her own. Valeria is also at an age where that relationship can still evolve. A three year-olds view on a relative can and will change with the passing of time, and we know Valeria isn't emotionally mature enough yet to understand why Doom is considered such a threat. However she has also spent time with him and got to know him so her relationship is of course going to be kind of out there, especially given the circumstances of her birth.

So in answer to the OP; It's stupid that she would view someone who is commonly the antagonist a father figure.

However it's really dumb to just assume shes capable of sharing the same viewpoint as Scott and Cassie Lang, or even her namesake on Victor, cause at the end of the day she has a completely different sort of relationship with him. Her parents of course aren't for it and Valeria is intelligent enough to slip between them. But Valeria's relationship with him is not the same thing as the Lang's would be and she isn't mature enough to understand that yet.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Valeria turned out fine.
    Did she? She now uses "Valeria-bots" to interact with her own mom. Huge red flag. By six she will be torturing her own brother, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    However it's really dumb to just assume shes capable of sharing the same viewpoint as Scott and Cassie Lang, or even her namesake on Victor, cause at the end of the day she has a completely different sort of relationship with him. Her parents of course aren't for it and Valeria is intelligent enough to slip between them. But Valeria's relationship with him is not the same thing as the Lang's would be and she isn't mature enough to understand that yet.
    If she isn't mature enough to understand that murdering people is bad, she shoudn't be spend her time with a dictator that kills and dedicates himself to kill her family.

If Reed and Sue let she do it anyway, then they aren't good parents.