Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Did she? She now uses "Valeria-bots" to interact with her own mom. Huge red flag. By six she will be torturing her own brother, I believe.

If she isn't mature enough to understand that murdering people is bad, she shoudn't be spend her time with a dictator that kills and dedicates himself to kill her family.

If Reed and Sue let she do it anyway, then they aren't good parents.
    I think she does understand that Doom murdering people can be bad. But I also think she understands that because of her relationship with Doom, less people are murdered by him.

Again, that's I think ultimately the justification for the relationship... the fact that they're all better off because of it.

Did she? She now uses "Valeria-bots" to interact with her own mom. Huge red flag. By six she will be torturing her own brother, I believe.

If she isn't mature enough to understand that murdering people is bad, she shoudn't be spend her time with a dictator that kills and dedicates himself to kill her family.

If Reed and Sue let she do it anyway, then they aren't good parents.
    Read Hickman's run. She turns out fine and still has Victor wrapped around her little finger.
    She even teaches him manners.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Read Hickman's run. She turns out fine and still has Victor wrapped around her little finger.
    She even teaches him manners.

Alternative future. Practically another person.

Present Valeria talks with her own mom using Valeria-bots and is found of totalitarian regimes.

Alternative future. Practically another person.

Present Valeria talks with her own mom using Valeria-bots and is found of totalitarian regimes.
    So what? There is no problem.

BANNED

So what? There is no problem.
    You know why there aren't many toddlers wearing Mussolini shirts out there?

Because this IS a problem. If your toddler child happens to be found of totalitarianism, it means that something really went wrong.

It baffles me that I have to explain that. Fantastic Four fans are weirdly found of totalitarianism...

Because this IS a problem. If your toddler child happens to be found of totalitarianism, it means that something really went wrong.

It baffles me that I have to explain that. Fantastic Four fans are weirdly found of totalitarianism...
    Again, I think you're missing the point of what Val is doing. It's not necessarily that she believes everything Victor does is right, but rather that her relationship with him helps make him a better person. It's not that he is influencing her so much as she is influencing him. And in the grand scheme of things, that benefits everyone.

No. Fantastic Four fans actually read the FF comics and know what is going on in them instead of throwing out opinions on books they obviously haven't read.

You tried to claim that Sue loves Namor when its been said time and time again that she doesn't. She loves Reed. You even made a thread based on issue that you hadn't read and FF fans had to explain to you what actually happened.

Val makes Doom a better person. It'a fact and I believe part of her influence is why he is trying to be a hero currently.

A lot of the Val situation bends the FF characters personalities so that the writer can tell the story they want. It happens often ton characters in long-running comics and they act out of character as a result.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-17-2018 at 03:10 PM.

BANNED

No. Fantastic Four fans actually read the FF comics and know what is going on in them instead of throwing out opinions on books they obviously haven't read.
    Well, that doesn't apply to me.

You tried to claim that Sue loves Namor when its been said time and time again that she doesn't. She loves Reed. You even made a thread based on issue that you hadn't read and FF fans had to explain to you what actually happened.
    What about what she says?

Should I take your world over hers?

You are remembering wrong. I have never made a thread about this issue and I was actually the one who provided the issue number to those that wanted to read it (Fantastic Four #147, by the way).

Val makes Doom a better person. It'a fact and I believe part of her influence is why he is trying to be a hero currently.
    He is trying to be a hero because Marvel wants to capitalize on those that believe that he is a misunderstood hero instead of a villain. Give it a few years and Doom will go back to torturing kids, raping women, killing civilians and the usual. Then we will see if Val isn't a little psycho.

A lot of the Val situation bends the FF characters personalities so that the writer can tell the story they want. It happens often ton characters in long-running comics and they act out of character as a result.
    Then you agree that the situation isn't in character for Reed and Sue, right?

It actually does. You clearly have little understanding of what is actually in the stories.

You are remembering wrong. I have never made a thread about this issue and I was actually the one who provided the issue number to those that wanted to read it (Fantastic Four #147, by the way).
    For the umpteenth time, this was after Reed put Franklin into a coma to save lots and lots of people who would die because Franklin was going to blow up. Dad puts kid in coma, Mom's not happy.

Also, this is a forty year old story and characters have developed since then. Sue's feelings about Namor have changed since then.

I hate multi-quotes. They are tedious to answer. I will reply properly tomorrow or something.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

What about what she says?

And I also pointed out when you posted this panel before that you don't include the entire story, just a piece of it. Why don't you finish what you start?

He is trying to be a hero because Marvel wants to capitalize on those that believe that he is a misunderstood hero instead of a villain. Give it a few years and Doom will go back to torturing kids, raping women, killing civilians and the usual. Then we will see if Val isn't a little psycho.
    That's not such strange strategy to do something along the lines of what Hickman was doing in Fantastic Four, FF, New Avengers and Secret Wars. Secret Wars was a top selling comic for Marvel with over 1 million units sold of the series. Considering that Doom was arguably the lead character in a large cast in Secret Wars it seems that Doom as more of an anti hero is a proven winner for Marvel. His solo series Infamous Iron Man stayed in the top 100 and out sold some bigger names like Daredevil, Punisher. And stop trying to say he's a serial rapist when you know that it isn't true. There was just the one dumb story in SVTU and no rape took place. The worst you can say it was an attempt to invoke the medieval myth of the droit du seigneur but nothing happened to the woman.

Except for Reed and Sue image as parents.

Aren't Reed and Sue friends of Scott Lang? Can you imagine a conversation between those people?

"What's wrong, Scott?"

"Ah, I'm just remembering Cassie, how she used to be so vivid and all... before Doom happened to her... Anyway, doesn't matter. How are the kids? Where is Valeria?"

"... she is in Latveria. Spending time with "Uncle" Doom."

"..."

"..."

Maybe Cassie just didn't spend enough time with violent dictators, huh?
    Cassie's been back since 2014 by the way....restored to life by Doom.

And it's not like Reed and Sue haven't had unusual people around a child of theirs before

Doom deserves nothing good. He's irredeemable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Doom deserves nothing good. He's irredeemable.
    You're misunderstanding an important facet of Doom's character - Doom is not beholden to the vagaries of fate or the moral judgements of others. When the multiverse collapsed Doom held reality together through sheer force of will, because Doom is the evil monster that the world needs when all the heroes fail. So I say Doom is a stable and positive influence on Valeria, you can count on Doom to keep his word and move mountains to protect his god daughter, the same can't be said of many alleged heroes in the Marvel universe.
    Last edited by Kintor; 03-18-2018 at 04:10 AM.