Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Taking Sue out of the equation entirely would leave Valeria as a complete idiot, with a genius IQ and more bad ideas than a room full of Homer Simpson clones.
    It wouldn't change much, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'd like to see Valeria be mentored by Black Panther, or at least have an adventure with him. He's got some similarities to Doom in that he can sometimes be a bit Machiavellian (which Val seems to enjoy); however, he typically isn't as selfish and falls more generally on the heroic end of the spectrum.

We also know based on the lead up to Secret Wars that Valeria respects T'challa. When laying out the plans for the raft she said "My dad, Black Panther, and some other sort of smart guys..." So, at least in Val's opinion he's a cut above the other heroic brains (outside of her Dad).
    Great idea!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Here's a crazy idea. What if Doom's machinations in Valeria's birth didn't mess with Reed's genes in Valeria's birth, but Sue's?

What if Valeria was Reed and Victor's child?

We're talking about the Doom from the Byrne era, who did recognize Reed as second best and still had little respect for the other members of the Four.
    The combination of Reed and Sue produced Franklin and that was a genetic $#!+ storm. Doom's gene's are unaffected by cosmic rays therefore rediucing that risk of power problems.
    Valeria is far closer to her two dads than she is her Mom.

That would be some serious Doom stuff right there. And it kinda makes sense.
    Hmmm.... interesting...

Shouldn't we talk also about the parents of the original Valeria von Doom from a future time-line, aka Marvel Girl ?
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Fantastic Member

Why are we entertaining someone who has been incredibly disingenuous from the start?

Look, long story short, Valeria is her father's daughter. Reed in general is extremely logical, but tempered by his family. Valeria is also logical to a fault. You take away limiters and she'll do things in the manner she thinks is most pragmatic.

Doom happens to be one of the most pragmatic people around. He delivered her, he cares for her, she respects him. Sheesh.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Val bleaches.
    Feh. No bleach. Unstable molecular wash-in dye that can be any colour or shape she desires.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    Why are we entertaining someone who has been incredibly disingenuous from the start?

Look, long story short, Valeria is her father's daughter. Reed in general is extremely logical, but tempered by his family. Valeria is also logical to a fault. You take away limiters and she'll do things in the manner she thinks is most pragmatic.

Doom happens to be one of the most pragmatic people around. He delivered her, he cares for her, she respects him. Sheesh.
    What part of "I prefer the guy that tortured my family in front of me than my own family" is exactly "logical"?

ba-dum-dum!

But Reed's father, Nathaniel is a scientist and pretty brilliant in his own right, so I guess in the Marvel Universe these genetic things are more dicey?

Answer that, and you can possibly figure out why people vote for something that doesn't seem to be logical given their own situations. Apply as you wish.

People don't really do anything logically, or at least in the collective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Answer that, and you can possibly figure out why people vote for something that doesn't seem to be logical given their own situations. Apply as you wish.

People don't really do anything logically, or at least in the collective.
    So, Val loves Doom because she is a logical person, but she loves the man that tortured her whole family in front of her because people aren't always logical?

Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    So, Val loves Doom because she is a logical person, but she loves the man that tortured her whole family in front of her because people aren't always logical?

Which is it?
    Read a few issues with Doom and Val and you might get your own ideas based on what's actually in the comics. Your speculations based on a single panel posted somewhere don't support any of the ideas you're going on and on and on about.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Feh. No bleach. Unstable molecular wash-in dye that can be any colour or shape she desires.
    Not being knowledgeable about hair coloring, I'd go with this.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    You're misunderstanding an important facet of Doom's character - Doom is not beholden to the vagaries of fate or the moral judgements of others. When the multiverse collapsed Doom held reality together through sheer force of will, because Doom is the evil monster that the world needs when all the heroes fail. So I say Doom is a stable and positive influence on Valeria, you can count on Doom to keep his word and move mountains to protect his god daughter, the same can't be said of many alleged heroes in the Marvel universe.
    That's the first mark of a truly horrible person. And no, you cannot count on Doom to keep any word he gives. He has always twisted it to serve himself.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Read a few issues with Doom and Val and you might get your own ideas based on what's actually in the comics. Your speculations based on a single panel posted somewhere don't support any of the ideas you're going on and on and on about.
    I have read some issues with the two of them together. I still can't see how does that makes any sense and how can that be considered "cute" or anything like this.

And seeing how even people in this thread can't make sense of the relationship (to some, Val loves Doom because it's logical; to others, because it's illogical), I doubt this is a problem limited to me. Why don't you iluminate us all?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    That's the first mark of a truly horrible person. And no, you cannot count on Doom to keep any word he gives. He has always twisted it to serve himself.
    Not according to Reed.