Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

We saw that with Wanda too. We don't know how long Wanda lived under his roof at Castle Doom while they were engaged but he did keep her safe and secure at time when she could have had another episode of whatever madness Bendis dropped on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Val has Doom wrapped around her little finger. He adores her and she knows it.

I think Doom wants a family of his own and at least in this timeline, the Fantastic Four as a whole are the closest he'll ever get. He may hate Reed with all of his heart, but he also seems to realize that those people tolerate and care about him in a way no one else ever will, especially Val.
    And as we saw he had put together his own family on Battleworld that was identical. I wish they were more clear about whether or not those were Victor and Royal Consort Susan's biological children or not. IMO the fact that they said 8 years or so had passed on Battleworld indicates it was and Tom B. said so on his blog but the reader is left to draw their own conclusions.

And Val definitely manipulates Victor. She talked him into holding off 3 Mad Celestials to buy them time in the fight later on in the battle to come. She is his "better angel" in the respect that he wants too look to be a better man in her eyes. Even in that FF annaul that Crimz posted from, he wouldn't fight Susan while Valeria was there and ordered all the guards to stand down. Hickman hints that in the years to come that the relationship stays there, as we see when Future Val comes back to warn them that Doom had bought himself literally a world of trouble when the beings he created on Doomworld had wrested his Infinity Gauntlet away from his and were about to kill their creator.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-12-2018 at 06:56 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Under Hickman's pen the relationship was mainly to show that Valeria's mind set agrees more with Victor's rather than her dad's and that she's completely opposite to her brother. Everyone else makes it look creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    It's getting old. Come up with a better excuse to avoid the questions, please.

Kim Jong Un decides to torture your brother, your mother, your father and your uncles for whatever reason. He also has dedicated his life to make attempts against the lives of your whole family for a very petty reason. Are you so smart that you see the nobility on those actions and decides to spend time with him instead of with your family?
    If you actually read the books, you wouldn't ask the questions. And there are plenty of examples supporting the decision by Val.

Well about franklin and doom, he must have forgave him later because he hung around him just fine in future foundation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She's like three...
    All the more reason to not let her hang out with a dictator that has dedicated his life to destroy her family, yet here we are...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And we see that Doom takes the job very seriously. Doom would never hurt Val. He'd hurt everyone else, but Val? She's safe.
    This child is a villain-in-making.

"Uncle Doom kills people in front of me and forces me to watch, but he won't do anything against me, so it's okay. I love him."

This is the line of thought of a genius?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yeah I never liked the val likes doom plot. Doom set her mother on fire in front of her and had her watch. Most kids would not be happy about that.
    A DUMB kid would not be happy about that.

A smart kid, however, would see that as a noble, admirable act that we, dumb mortals, are not bright enough to understand. Valeria is smart. That's why she favors the torturer villain over her own tortured, heroic mother.

Damn, I should be writing Marvel comics.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    How cute! A child worried about the wellbeing of the violent villain that tries to end her parents due to petty reasons!

Valeria is so precious! So Smart!

(and people talk shit about Moon Girl...)

Damn, I should be writing Marvel comics.
    You should be READING Marvel comics.

How cute! A child worried about the wellbeing of the violent villain that tries to end her parents due to petty reasons!

Valeria is so precious! So Smart!

(and people talk shit about Moon Girl...)
    Because it's not like Doom was saving the day there or anything.

Why is everything the OP says about the FF and those associated with them negative? First it was Namor, then Sue, and now Valeria. I wonder who's next...
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-12-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Maybe he's really Perlmutter.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It just more of the "Doom is not really a bad guy he is just misunderstood" crap that has ruined Doom as a character for the last 15 years. Writers like Doom and bend over backwards to try and find reason for him to be a good guy instead of a villain. Sort of the same thing they do with Mystique in the X-men books. No matter how many truly evil things they do they still try and make them anti-heroes, and it just ruins the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Why is everything the OP says about the FF and those associated with them negative? First it was Namor, then Sue, and now Valeria. I wonder who's next...
    When you look at comic book characters with a minimum of scrutiny, the Fantastic Four are the easiest targets. It's not my fault.

For what is worth, Ben Grimm at least is a good person and a good character that knows better than to fall in love with villains that try to kill his family and he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would be okay with his three years-old child spending time with a violent villainous dictator.

When you look at comic book characters with a minimum of scrutiny, the Fantastic Four are the easiest targets. It's not my fault.

For what is worth, Ben Grimm at least is a good person and a good character that knows better than to fall in love with villains that try to kill his family and he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would be okay with his three years-old child spending time with a violent villainous dictator.
    Easy for what?
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !