Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    How many of you would let your child be raised by a child-torturer?

How many of you would think of themselves as great parents for doing that?
    Characters are written out of character all the time to further the plot the writer has in mind.

Reed is very big on forgiveness and is surprisingly naive considering his intelligence, so it's not really out of character for him to believe the best in Doom (heck it's the reason why Doom is trying to be good right now).

The one that is weird is Sue as the whole Val situation is entirely out of character for her. Especially considering she said this:

Would this woman allow Doom to step 6ft near her kids? No? Then the only explanation is having her act out of character to accommodate the story the writer wants to tell. Trying to make them out to seem like unfit parents because of this is waste of time and energy.

They are good parents and the writers see nothing wrong with the relationship, you either roll with it or read something else and stop talking about it. I don't get why you're so obsessed with characters you obviously dislike and don't read, it's time to stop.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You never read the series. How many of us would go on and on about books we haven't read?
    Depends on how outraged we are about scans we saw online.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I don't get why you're so obsessed with characters you obviously dislike and don't read, it's time to stop.
    Yeah how many threads has it been now?

Would this woman allow Doom to step 6ft near her kids? No? Then the only explanation is having her act out of character to accommodate the story the writer wants to tell. Trying to make them out to seem like unfit parents because of this is waste of time and energy.

They are good parents and the writers see nothing wrong with the relationship, you either roll with it or read something else and stop talking about it. I don't get why you're so obsessed with characters you obviously dislike and don't read, it's time to stop.
    There is a valid discussion to be had about the Richards' parenting and their changing relationship with Victor Von Doom. That discussion isn't likely in a thread filled by rants from someone is just reacting to a few page scans and refusing to accept the context and reasoning given by people who have actually read the stories being referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Depends on how outraged we are about scans we saw online.
    Good point. hey, let's start some threads about how Lois shouldn't have married the man who tried to kill her. How many of you would marry someone who tried to kill you in outer space?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There is a valid discussion to be had about the Richards' parenting and their changing relationship with Victor Von Doom. That discussion isn't likely in a thread filled by rants from someone is just reacting to a few page scans and refusing to accept the context and reasoning given by people who have actually read the stories being referenced.
    True.

It's definitely a discussion that should be had especially Sue's weird 180 on Doom being around her kids, but it's apparent that this thread is not meant for real discussion.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

True.

It's definitely a discussion that should be had especially Sue's weird 180 on Doom being around her kids, but it's apparent that this thread is not meant for real discussion.
    The situation is that you and I have had disagreements about the FF. I've also disagreed with Abe and Iron Maiden about parts of the series as well. It seems i get along with no one, lol. But this is fiction. And we get a chance to discuss it with people who love it as much as we do. We also recognize what time has done to stories and how something written a half-century ago is inappropriate now. We also take into account that different writers each have their own ideas and impressions of the characters.

But there are parts of this story needing detail and I have dug my Robinson run out of storage in order to reread it.