Default Help with Perez's run.

I've just one quick question : at which issue does Perez ended the Ares stuff with Diana (at least the one which got her out of her island). I really can't bring myself to read it, despite several attempt, I find it far too dull and boring for my taste, while I truly want to at least read it (I read All-Star Superman, surely I can read at least a quarter of Perez's run...). And is the tone of those first issues representative of the whole run ?

Amazing Member

Perez' first arc was issues 1-7, collected in the TBP 'Gods and Mortals'.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There is an interlude after issues 1-7 for a few issues that introduces Barbara Minerva/the Cheetah, and then it's back to Paradise island for more origin stuff. Really, after Perez stops doing the art at #24 is here the writing starts to pick up IMO, even if the quality of the art drops. The back to back arcs that reveal the Cheetah's origin and the Bana-Mighdall Amazons is great, and the arc where Diana brings Lois Lane and like 11 or so other outsiders to Themyscira for the Feast of Five (only for Eris to mess with the proceedings) is right up there as well.

I'd recommend just waiting for the third trade paperback that will be released at some point and start from there. You can try the first two trades, but I'm not sure you'd care for them.

Thanks for the info, I'll try to dig it, if only to see what didn't click with me in those early issues.