Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    No no, you're thinking of Zuras the eternal, who is Mentor's brother. Who only sometimes pretended to be Zeus and otherwise had an extremely samey sounding name. But is a totally different guy than actual Zeus.

Comics everybody!

Also both Zuras and Zeus have red hair and beards in Marvel and favour the colour green. Also they are both the heads of collections of powerful superbeings and have been worshipped as gods.

How you could confuse them is completely beyond me.

That is actually super cool
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    They're using fancy words and bravado, but really they both just want to claim the title of "Best red beard in the 616 universe", and they're trying to eliminate the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    How did the fight end?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The fight ended inconclusively. There was a whole battle between two pantheons going on, plus Odin was fighting Thor. Odin quickly beat Thor but was horrified by the idea of killing him, and threw Gungnir (his spear) into a wall so hard that it shook the entire battlefield. Everybody stopped fighting. Odin said he wouldn't fight the Eternals if it meant fighting his son, and left. Zeus basically said, if Odin isn't fighting, why should I fight? He took his pantheon and went home.

It's surprising that Zuras' dad, Kronos, an eternal who was an experiment by the Celestials, was able to rise up to become an equal to his creators - by the IG story anyway.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    They're using fancy words and bravado, but really they both just want to claim the title of "Best red beard in the 616 universe", and they're trying to eliminate the competition.
    So they're fighting for second place after Volstagg, then?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    So they're fighting for second place after Volstagg, then?
    The missing next page is "I am a real Asgardian" kicking up in the background, and hearing his theme music, Zuras and Zeus try to flee, but it's too late to avoid Volstagg suplexing one of them into the other.

Red Norvell Thor, Prester John, Dr Faustus and homeless D-man are knocked out by the shockwave from his doing so.

The missing next page is "I am a real Asgardian" kicking up in the background, and hearing his theme music, Zuras and Zeus try to flee, but it's too late to avoid Volstagg suplexing one of them into the other.

Red Norvell Thor, Prester John, Dr Faustus and homeless D-man are knocked out by the shockwave from his doing so.
    Logged into Rumbles after midnight.

Not disappointed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Is there any difference in power scale between someone being a Skyfather (Odin, etc) and someone being a Dimensional Lord (Mephisto, Cyttorak, Shuma Gorath, Dormammu)?

Or does this come down to that pantheon thing again?

Also, if New Genesis and Apokolips (At least as of New52, not sure about Rebirth) became realms and not planets, wouldn't Highfather and Darkseid be dimensional lords by default?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Had I any space left in my sig, this would go in it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

I wonder if the beards of the all father's and. D man are as invulnerable as them. if so they must be nightmares for barbers everywhere.

Terry Long wasn't even invited.

Thor #292 was fine issue.

Some good Rumble ideas from inconclusive fights in this issue:

Ares vs. Ikaris
    Hercules vs. Gilgamesh
    Athena vs. Thena
    Mercury vs. Makkari
    Kratos or Bia vs. Karkas the Deviant

^ Who's the big red guy in the middle?