Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amazon has a lot of digital collections for $ 0.99

Thanks for pointing this out. You can't buy much for a dollar these days. This is probably as good a deal as we're ever going to get.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Got Vols 4 & 5 of ANW
    DC: The Wildstorm: Michael Cray. Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands, Justice League
    Marvel: Iceman, Gen X, Falcon, Runaways, The Defenders
    Other: Rat Queens, Motor Crush, Noble, Accell, Superb

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Sweet! Just grabbed 6 books.

Thanks for the heads up!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Looks like Comixology has the same titles at the same discount. It'll probably be easier to get a look at what's on offer through their menu. But buying on Amazon is still the better bet if you have a Kindle and have Comixology linked through your Amazon account.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-12-2018 at 09:24 AM.

This Week's Comics: Farmhand #3, Exlibrium #10-11, X-23 #4, Iceman #1, Rat Queens #11, The Wicked + Divine #39

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Thank you! I got 25 books. Twenty five! I've got tons to read now.

I started to post about the Comixology sale last night, but since I was a bit late to discover it, I figured someone had already mentioned it.

I kinda lucked out that Tomb of Dracula and Werewolf by Night were on sale, as I had just started reading them recently and was about to buy their third issues.
    I got Tomb of Dracula v1, Werewolf by Night v1 and v2, and New Defenders v1.
    Currently reading: Legion of Super-Heroes ('80s), New Teen Titans ('80s)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Looks like Comixology has the same titles at the same discount. It'll probably be easier to get a look at what's on offer through their menu. But buying on Amazon is still the better bet if you have a Kindle and have Comixology linked through your Amazon account.
    Yeah, this one is better because comixology has it too. I spent about $20 - including a lot of pre-Marvel Golden Age stuff.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Wow

If I’m a creator I’m pissed their are selling my work for 99 cents. That’s messed up.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If you want to know how bonkers this sale is, I just bought a book that comes out tomorrow.

That being said, it's a great way to catch up in trade on stuff that isn't on Unlimited so you can then buy new stuff. I'm hoping to read the Guardians stuff and then the Infinity Countdown stuff.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Is the list on Amazon different than the one on ComiXology?

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Is the list on Amazon different than the one on ComiXology?
    They have the "unlimited" list on on Amazon, essentially your Amazon account gets linked to your comixology account for a nominal fee per month. You then log into your comixology account using your Amazon login and password. Just make sure you want to do it because they won't UNDO it thereafter.

What good marvel issues are available on the comixology app for $.99?

Yay some books I have been meaning to catch up with. I wonder why they do these sales...
    Marvel: - She-Hulk, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America, Falcon, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, America, Gwenpool, Black Panther, Champions, Marvel 2-In-1.
    DC: - Super-Girl
    Image: - Paper Girls.

My comic review blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Yay some books I have been meaning to catch up with. I wonder why they do these sales...
    My guesses:

* It beats paying to advertise.
    * It's for a very limited time. There won't be another sale like this for quite some time. The least I've seen Marvel collections go for on Comixology is $3 to $5.
    * There's an unlimited quantity. It doesn't cost Marvel more to 'publish' extra copies. And they're still making money from back issues being endlessly in stock.
    * If 200 people put a $20 trade in their wishlist and never buy it, instead buying something else, those 200 people are more likely to get it for $1. Meaning they sold the equivalent of 10 trades which would probably have sat in wishlists and forgotten about otherwise.
    * They soak up the cost of the sale by continuing to sell trades and comics at the regular print price, even though it costs less to 'publish' them digitally, to avoid upsetting retailers. Marvel has one of the longest periods before a new comic drops in price, which is usually not until after a trade collection comes out.
    * A lot are volume 2s and volume 3s, so a new reader would need to get volume 1 (and maybe volume 2), and because the cumulative cost would still be cheaper, the barrier to entry drops.
    * They're counting on readers continuing on with the books or becoming invested in the characters to spend money on more comics.
    * Even at $1 they're likely to make more than they would from Marvel Unlimited. And definitely will if it results in repeat buyers who stay after the sale.

I think the last big push from Marvel on Comixology was when they first came to it. They gave away over 600 first issues for free.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-13-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    Currently reading: Legion of Super-Heroes ('80s), New Teen Titans ('80s)