Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    What good marvel issues are available on the comixology app for $.99?
    Vision: Director's Cut

For you guys who got duggans GOG Vol 3 came out today and is also $ 0.99. And the new masters of kung fu epic.

Even putting this particular sale to one side, it is interesting how much more generous digital sales are becoming than they were, say, 5 years ago. There’s a definite change in strategy (from DC too, if their Christmas sale was any indication).

Because many of these are volumes 3s, 4s, and 5s, I haven’t bought as many as I might, but as well as the Vision volume the sales on, say, Secret Empire and the Epic volumes are particularly noteworthy. These are collections which are nearly 500 pages long.

A few things that might be worth considering IMO from classic runs that have recently been released in collections digitally and that are on sale:

1. A couple of the volumes on Walter Simonson’s Thor are on sale.
    2. One of the Lee/Kirby Thor Epic collections, the Wrath of Odin, collecting 131-153
    3. Steranko’s run on Strange Tales/Nick Fury.
    4. Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandoes - the digital Masterworks that are on Comixology.
    5. A couple of Daredevil Epic collections, including Matt Murdock Must Die (Daredevil 22-41 Lee/Colan), and Heart of Darkness (271-282)
    6. A Peter David Hulk Epic collection, The Fall of the Pantheon (420-435)

There’s loads more of course, this is just some of the stuff that particularly struck me.

(Hell, if you really want to pick up an Avengers Epic collection that features the... um... terrifying... Thane Ector, then that has just been published digitally today and is now on sale Along with a Master of Kung Fu collection.)
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 03-14-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    My guesses:
    * It's for a very limited time. There won't be another sale like this for quite some time. The least I've seen Marvel collections go for on Comixology is $3 to $5.
    Eh, the ones on Amazon seem to pop up every three months or so.

* There's an unlimited quantity. It doesn't cost Marvel more to 'publish' extra copies. And they're still making money from back issues being endlessly in stock.
    I agree with that. That's clearly a huge part of it.

* Even at $1 they're likely to make more than they would from Marvel Unlimited. And definitely will if it results in repeat buyers who stay after the sale.
    That's the other big thing I see. The concern, to me, is people won't pay for them at full price. But it's also possible these are books that would never be bought at full price and would just wait for Unlimited.

The only ones that seem a poor investment are recent trades with books not on Unlimited. When you buy a trade with an issue that came out maybe a month ago, there's a weird dynamic where you can buy one issue for 3.99 or five issues for 99 cents. That being said, my jumping on point for going back to floppies was All-New, All-Different. The reason I was able to pull that off is the gap in time for Secret Wars. It allowed me to catch up. By buying a trade for 99 cents, I can catch up and then hopefully buy new after that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I think after this, I might switch to digital. Its just is much more immersive also cheaper. Its no wonder comic book stores are going out of business. You can just buy everything cheaper on Amazon.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for leting me know about this.
    I like more to read comic books in paper,but there were three collections that are in my wish list in that promotion.
    So i got three collections(All New Guardians of the Galaxy,Master of Kung Fu Epic:1 and Avengers:The Collection Obsession at a great price.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

This was an amazing deal! Thanks for the heads up. I bought 35 books and now have so much reading to do.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I think after this, I might switch to digital. Its just is much more immersive also cheaper. Its no wonder comic book stores are going out of business. You can just buy everything cheaper on Amazon.
    I went 100% Marvel digital a few years back and purchase about 3/4 of my Image books digitally. It's more of a space issue than a price issue. I follow close to 50 titles and I move too often (military) to be lugging around thousands of comics. I do love the sale prices. Let's me try a lot of books I wouldn't think twice about.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Todays trades are also 0.99

Generation X Vol. 2: Survival of the Fittest
    Iron Fist Vol. 2: Sabretooth – Round Two
    Ka-Zar Masterworks Vol. 2
    Marvel Two-In-One Masterworks Vol. 3
    Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War Prelude
    Spider-Men II
    Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Clone Wars Vol. 2