Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm excited for this change. Slot has been my favorite Spider-man writer. But I like Stark more as a character. I want to see what slot can do with his rogues gallery. Likewise, Spencer is currently my favorite writer. I hope that he keeps Peter popular.

I was excited about the return of Tony until I heard that Slott would be involved. I think I'll pass on this title until he is removed or surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm excited for this change. Slot has been my favorite Spider-man writer. But I like Stark more as a character. I want to see what slot can do with his rogues gallery. Likewise, Spencer is currently my favorite writer. I hope that he keeps Peter popular.
    Isn't Spencer more liable to make the opposite happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Well, there's of course the alcoholism but he's certainly had a lot of flaws, and even became a villain of sorts a few times.
    Yeah, he said that he would show Tony's flaws like his arrogance and how it causes him to get into trouble. So I like that he knows Tony and wants to deal with it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-20-2018 at 09:06 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I was excited about the return of Tony until I heard that Slott would be involved. I think I'll pass on this title until he is removed or surprises me.
    People said the same thing about Slott's run on ASM. Are you willing to possibly wait up to 10 years for that to happen? LOL!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    People said the same thing about Slott's run on ASM. Are you willing to possibly wait up to 10 years for that to happen? LOL!!!
    There were always alternatives when Slott was on Spider-Man. Iron Man doesn't have half the variety as a franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There were always alternatives when Slott was on Spider-Man. Iron Man doesn't have half the variety as a franchise.
    Which makes the question even more pertinent.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    With Valerio Shiti?

Ok well ... I'm in.
    I don’t understand the references slott alluded to, so i’m not sure what this book is going to be about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don’t understand the references slott alluded to, so i’m not sure what this book is going to be about.
    If successful, Slott would be writing Batman and Superman for DC Comics had they bought his contract from Marvel 4 years ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    10 years was way too long. If you add up his bi-weekly issues as one a month, his run would be well over 20 years. I think that if given the option, Slott would remain on ASM until 2027, provided if Marvel gives him a very nice deal worth $15 Million, or $1.5 Million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Slott has been saying all the right things to me. I'm excited to get the series started. You should give it a shot and see IF he surprises you.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

While I won't read this, hopefuly Slott treats Tony better than he treated Peter, 'cause I can imagine it'd be pretty annoying if Slott amplifies Tony's worst traits and tone down his competence as a hero, then in some stories he becomes over competent, to the less competent Tony and the hyper competent one don't even look like the same character, which is what happened with Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    While I won't read this, hopefuly Slott treats Tony better than he treated Peter, 'cause I can imagine it'd be pretty annoying if Slott amplifies Tony's worst traits and tone down his competence as a hero, then in some stories he becomes over competent, to the less competent Tony and the hyper competent one don't even look like the same character, which is what happened with Peter.
    All I can do is hope. I'm excited for it. It will be great once Bendis is off. His run has been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You're not lying. If it sucks that's all us Iron Man fans have. I'd really like to see Tony get a second book, but I don't expect it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-24-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Maybe a second Iron family book (Ironheart or a resurrected War Machine), but yeah, I wouldn't expect a second one for Tony himself.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman