Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Slott on Iron Man

https://www.cbr.com/tony-stark-iron-...ott-interview/
    According to this interview, Slott thinks Tony is more flawed than Peter. If Slott made Peter into a man child, then there is no telling how flawed Tony will be in Slott's run.

Well, there's of course the alcoholism but he's certainly had a lot of flaws, and even became a villain of sorts a few times.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

IDK about whether Slott will make Tony immature, but he's certainly right in that Tony is a lot more flawed than Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    IDK about whether Slott will make Tony immature, but he's certainly right in that Tony is a lot more flawed than Peter.
    Easily. Suffers from bouts with severe depression and addiction. His mistakes always come back and bite him in the ass. His ego gets him into trouble, but it also makes him who he is. There are lots of flaws with Tony. Parker is a lot more centered then Tony.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-13-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/tony-stark-iron-...ott-interview/
    According to this interview, Slott thinks Tony is more flawed than Peter. If Slott made Peter into a man child, then there is no telling how flawed Tony will be in Slott's run.
    Thanks for posting this. I hadn't see this one yet.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Well, now we know what's happening with the supporting cast, Jocasta and Bethany Cabe are back. I'm guessing that means MJ is out (back to ASM) and probably Friday as well (maybe she can go to Champions with Riri, replacing the Tony Stark AI?).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

“Cutting edge technology, Robert Downey Jr. in the armor. Except we’re telling stories out of Black Mirror.” They went, “DONE! It’s yours.”
    With Valerio Shiti?

Ok well ... I'm in.

Slott did write Iron Man a few times, like in Power Play, so that could always be used as a reference. Of course, he might do something different because of some **** that might happen in his stories too...

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

“Cutting edge technology, Robert Downey Jr. in the armor. Except we’re telling stories out of Black Mirror.” They went, “DONE! It’s yours.”
    Well, certainly the "Dan Slott + great artist + super hero + British TV show" formula has worked very well in the past, so I'm looking forward to this.

Jocasta, you say? I'll be picking this up. As a kid I loved Jocasta and always felt she got a raw deal in death.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Maybe Iron Man is the perfect book for Slott given it gives him even more "toys" to play with and he doesn't have to make up his own like he often had to do with Spider-Man .

I'm kind of over people writing Tony as RDJ in the comics. I just don't think it migrates as well as writers would like it too.

I'm glad Bethany's back. Jocasta is kind of random, but I guess Slott did a lot with her in his Mighty Avengers run. I wonder if either of them will fulfill the love interest role for this book...

I always thought---and still do----that Fantastic Four would be the perfect title for Slott to write but, since that's not happening at the moment, I actually do think Iron Man will be a pretty good fit for a lot of the reasons already covered here.

I think Slott's going to do real well on Iron Man. I'm super excited for it.

Didn't Jocasta do a lot in the Busiek/Quesda/Tieri run (although as a disembodied AI)? She eventually got a new body in that (meant I'm sure to hint at her "Avengers Forever" look) although she eventually wound up in the same old look.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think Slott's going to do real well on Iron Man. I'm super excited for it.
    Me too. I was cautious for a bit, but he's saying all the right things. Hell Bethany Cabe is going to be in it!!!!