Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I think you'll find I do

Several actually, both the obvious Cass factor, but also the fact that getting the(male) Robins all together doesn't tend to work. You'd need a good writer who understands them and sees them as equals. Tomasi certainly doesn't fit the bill and I don't think anyone at DC currently does either.
    Pairing all the Robins together in one book is usually a recipe for disaster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    if I had to pick a writer who understood all of the robins, I'd probably choose tomasi
    Same imo.
    Damian is obvious
    He did great work with Dick when he wrote Nightwing
    His canon Jason was iffy but he proved his chops with the Arkham Knight version
    Tim has been well written as well, not memorably but not bad either. He cwrtainly seemed to have a high opinion of his abilities in the Super Sons of Tomorrow crossover and even ended his arc on a heroic turn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pairing all the Robins together in one book is usually a recipe for disaster.
    Under Tynion because he cant give them enough meat but that problem extends to the entire family when Tynion is handling them.
    Under King because he plays favorites. You can tell which characters King doesn't care for.

Who else has used them together? Morrison did fine. Snyder didn't churn out any disaster either.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Wasn't the argument you were making that a writer could make it so a character couldn't be ignored?

Also, I don't know what Priest did with The Ray, but I do know that just a few years after he was done with him, he was popping up in JLA and Young Justice.
    I was simply giving an example how powerful a writer can be to orchestrate circumstances to make a hero usable or not. But when you put it that way I guess DC found a loophole in what he did.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

When I imagine a Tomasi penned 'Robins' book, I imagine Dick and Damian being portrayed as awesome, the latter never facing consequences for more negative actions, Tim being mostly sidelined, Jason being s**t on and Cass and Steph being treated as if they don't exist at all.

No thanks.
    Um why would any writer on a Robins book pretend Steph and Cass do exist?
    His take on Jason in Arkham Knight Genesis and Arkham Knight annual shows he can write the character without crapping on him.
    Tim was front and center in Super Sons of Tomorrow.

While its true that Dick and Damian are his clear favorites he can do good work with the other two based on established evidence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Um why would any writer on a Robins book pretend Steph and Cass do exist?
    Because they do exist. You make it sound as if this hypothetical book would exist in a vacuum.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    When you said New Teen Titans, I got excited for a second. Then I saw the image and was immediately bummed out.
    This is exactly what happened to me (thinking it was an NTT tale set in the past that played a part in restoring the run to continuity in some shape or form), and I immediately stopped caring once I saw Damian.

BANNED

Because they do exist. You make it sound as if this hypothetical book would exist in a vacuum.
    But it wont be about them. Of the 42 issues Tynion has written Babs has only appeared in 1 while Dick, Jason and Damian in 4. 3 of which btw they were used to wank adult Tim. Wouldn't at all be surprised if they dont show up in the remaining 6 issues.
    So what you're accussing Tomasi of Tynion is already guilty of.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me (thinking it was an NTT tale set in the past that played a part in restoring the run to continuity in some shape or form), and I immediately stopped caring once I saw Damian.
    Well technically that past was restored in Titan Hunt. Sort of.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well technically that past was restored in Titan Hunt. Sort of.
    Yeah, but I want like a good story . And it only focused on the Fab 5 and the C-listers from the 70s, while the most successful era is still in doubt.

And then Abnett/editorial didn't take advantage of Rucka's WW run and screwed things up for Donna even further....

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, but I want like a good story . And it only focused on the Fab 5 and the C-listers from the 70s, while the most successful era is still in doubt.

And then Abnett/editorial didn't take advantage of Rucka's WW run and screwed things up for Donna even further....
    The only way you're getting it is if DC offers Marv Wolfman the job and he did do a brief stint on the Teen Titans book and is now doing a sequel to his Raven mini-series. Though some are not too happy with the idea of him doing it. And it sounds like the editors were asleep at the wheel again.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Apologies if I missed something... but when and where was it announced that Tomasi was taking over Detective Comics post-Tynion?

Or is everyone just speculating?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Apologies if I missed something... but when and where was it announced that Tomasi was taking over Detective Comics post-Tynion?

Or is everyone just speculating?
    Bleeding Cool, but they have been on the money lately, they even got Bendis on Superman right.

Was hoping they would get rid of the fake Wally West, but I knew it was a long shot.

Still, giving Damian his own gen is something they should have done from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bleeding Cool, but they have been on the money lately, they even got Bendis on Superman right.
    They got Ed Brisson on a Bendis book wrong though. He just said in an AMA that he's not doing a Fresh Start book - thus ruling out Miles Morales which surely is one. It could only ever have been Miles or Iron Man, and Dan Slott was already announced for Tony.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman