Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five ghosts

Amazing Member

Default Five ghosts

Since Five ghosts has been named frequently in http://community.comicbookresources....ed-Image-comic , I though it deserved it own thread.

The five Ghost:
    five-ghosts-lineup.jpg

Five ghost is great adventure series written by Frank J. Barbiere , Illustrated by Chris Mooneyham but it also has fantastic colourist Lauren Affe which is becoming one of by favourite colourist.

Last edited by pretur22; 07-18-2014 at 08:24 AM.

I love this comic and wish it sold more copies. The thing about this comic is that it is just plain fun. I love the coloring and the dialogue and the sense of adventure. I am so glad it is coming back for a third arc in October.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I love this comic and wish it sold more copies. The thing about this comic is that it is just plain fun. I love the coloring and the dialogue and the sense of adventure. I am so glad it is coming back for a third arc in October.
    I also think the flash back scenes are fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I love this comic and wish it sold more copies. The thing about this comic is that it is just plain fun.
    Agree completely. I picked up the first trade on a whim and enjoyed the hell out of it. One of those books where the story and the art is just a match made in heaven.

What is the pitch / basic plot of the book? The art always looks really nice.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    What is the pitch / basic plot of the book? The art always looks really nice.
    "After a tragic encounter with an artifact known as “The Dreamstone,” infamous treasure hunter Fabian Gray was possessed by five literary ghosts [ the samurai, the archer, the wizard, the detective, the vampire] and has been granted access to their unique abilities."

The "Most underrated Image titles" thread put this on my radar. I'm looking forward to picking up the trades.

Really digging this series. Just good old fashioned pulp adventure.
    Adore the art too.

I can't wait to start this series. I just need to track down issue #1 and #2.
    Pull List: Amazing Spider-Man, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Saga, Rocket Girl, Velvet, Afterlife with Archie, Outcast, Alex + Ada, Deadly Class, Spread, Spider-Man 2099, Black Science, TMNT, Batman, Harley Quinn, Five Ghosts, Low, Guardians of the Galaxy, Shutter, Starlord, the Fade Out.

Chopping block: Lazarus, Southern Bastards, Rocket Raccoon, and Starlight.

I picked up the first trade when it made a bunch of the year's best lists at the end of last year and fell in love with upon reading it. It was well into the second arc, so I waited for the second trade to read that, but I will buy the floppies to support it when the third arc comes out. As long as Barbiere and Mooneyham keep making this series, I'll keep buying it.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    The "Most underrated Image titles" thread put this on my radar. I'm looking forward to picking up the trades.
    Same.. can't wait to get to my LCS tomorrow to see what back issues they have.

Looks like it's being optioned for TV.
    http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/comic-...ods-tv-series/

Quote Originally Posted by BogSurfer View Post
    Looks like it's being optioned for TV.
    http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/comic-...ods-tv-series/

Interesting. I'm not sure how well this will translate into TV, but I hope it means we can expect the comic to continue for some time to come.

I better get to my LCS quick and pick up the back issues before they aren't there any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Really digging this series. Just good old fashioned pulp adventure.
    Adore the art too.
    I have no idea why I have yet to pick up this title. I just adore good old fashioned pulp adventure, seems it's right up my alley on a comic that I would love. Will check out the trade. Ahhh, too many great comics.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus