Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Five ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I have no idea why I have yet to pick up this title. I just adore good old fashioned pulp adventure, seems it's right up my alley on a comic that I would love. Will check out the trade. Ahhh, too many great comics.
    There are a ton of great comics right now for those of us who are addicted to Image (which I think you probably are, Groo, since I see you post a lot on here) but Five Ghosts is one of my favorite Image titles going right now. It is just so much fun and the art is very immersive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    There are a ton of great comics right now for those of us who are addicted to Image (which I think you probably are, Groo, since I see you post a lot on here) but Five Ghosts is one of my favorite Image titles going right now. It is just so much fun and the art is very immersive.
    Yeah, this is one of the great things I love about this forum. Lots of users giving reviews. I've found so many comics that I absolutely love now that I would've never picked up otherwise if I never joined this forum. I came very close to walking away from this hobby for good just not too long ago. I now realize that I was just reading the wrong comics
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

I have been on board day one, saw it in previews and liked the premise. I am glad that it got enough run that it was able to morph out of the mini-series into an ongoing. Hopefully they can knockout 6 issues a year while doing other projects.

Picked up the first trade yesterday and I'm 100% in for however long the book goes.

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    The "Most underrated Image titles" thread put this on my radar. I'm looking forward to picking up the trades.
    this is also where i heard about it. this sounds like something i'd enjoy and fully plan on devouring it.

God damn! I'm 2 issues in on the first trade and this is already my new favorite comic! Thanks guys. Giant spiders? Lost cities, Indiana Jones style pulp adventure? Airships? Are you kidding me? Bloody fantastic! It's like this book was written specifically for my tastes. The art is superb, fits perfectly with the pulpy tone of the book.

Now I have to hunt down all the single issues starting at #1 because I'd like to buy the floppies monthly to support them for putting such a great book. I'm in tears right now, sooooooooo damn good.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 07-24-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

God damn! I'm 2 issues in on the first trade and this is already my new favorite comic! Thanks guys. Giant spiders? Lost cities, Indiana Jones style pulp adventure? Airships? Are you kidding me? Bloody fantastic! It's like this book was written specifically for my tastes.

Now I have to hunt down all the single issues starting at #1 because I'd like to buy the floppies monthly to support them for putting such a great book. I'm in tears right now, sooooooooo damn good.
    Glad you like it! Enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Glad you like it! Enjoy the ride.
    I sure will. Thanks to every one here for the superb recommendation. Now I have to go to my LCS and find out which back issues they have. I'd like to get the full run because I'm a completist.

Found the first trade today at half price books discount rack for two bucks. Definitely looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaif01 View Post
    Found the first trade today at half price books discount rack for two bucks. Definitely looking forward to this.
    Two bucks? My god man, go buy a Lotto ticket.

Amazing Member

Which arc to you think is arc do you all think is better , it's been a while since read the first arc but I remember being more captivated by the second arc but that might have do with the brilliant flash back panels.

Having a hard time getting past the first couple of pages. I don't do well with very dark comics (as far as coloring) and this is just a dark muddled mess to me. It's very hard to read for me. I might have to skip to a page with lighting so I can see the images. Not a fan yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kaif01 View Post
    Having a hard time getting past the first couple of pages. I don't do well with very dark comics (as far as coloring) and this is just a dark muddled mess to me. It's very hard to read for me. I might have to skip to a page with lighting so I can see the images. Not a fan yet.
    It's not for everybody. The art uses a lot of flat coloring to give it that pulp feel, the covers are not very dynamic so I can see it not grabbing customers attention on the racks. The art and colors work for me as I love this kind of pulpy art which is why I'm such a huge fan of artists like Francesco Francavilla. I find it stunning.

Did anyone see this Five Ghost variant set at SDCC? I'd love to know how much it was selling for at the con. Would've picked this up for sure.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FIVE-GHOSTS-2...item3a94ac9519

Did anyone see this Five Ghost variant set at SDCC? I'd love to know how much it was selling for at the con. Would've picked this up for sure.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FIVE-GHOSTS-2...item3a94ac9519
    Stunning!

*looks at price*

lol...