Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What "What If"

Default What "What If"

there is comixology had a sale of most of the What if books or collections. It made me wonder what what if stories people like.

This was always a favorite of mine years ago and I wish it could exist as quarterly book if not a monthly.

Honestly i like most of them but some favorites for me.

What if the world knew Daredevil was Blind
    What if Uncle Ben had lived
    What if Wolverine killed the Hulk.

There are many others but those are standouts to me.

My Favourites where mainly Punisher ones. I did like What if Wolverine was Lord of the Vampires, Others What if Punisher were an Agent of Shield, What if Captain America had formed the Avengers with Iron Punisher. I think another good one was What if IronMan Soldout where we see Ironman with the largest armor he has ever made. What if Secret wars was also good and What if Iron man Sorceror Supreme.

Fantastic Member

My favorite one is What If Annihilation.

Marvel should feature a regular monthly What If title again, one of the best titles on the shelf in its day.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Doom winning Secret Wars (1980's). Doom rescuing his mother Cynthia from Mephisto. Doom becoming Sorcerer Supreme.

Come to think of it. Doom has a lot of good What If? stories.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

iMan 42s

I remember I liked the Punisher (Age of Ultron What If?) where he got stopped early and became the new Captain America. Good one and done.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SymbioteCastle View Post
    My Favourites where mainly Punisher ones. I did like What if Wolverine was Lord of the Vampires, Others What if Punisher were an Agent of Shield, What if Captain America had formed the Avengers with Iron Punisher. I think another good one was What if IronMan Soldout where we see Ironman with the largest armor he has ever made. What if Secret wars was also good and What if Iron man Sorceror Supreme.
    I agree about the Wolverine Lord of the Vampires. I was hoping that one would have made a comeback during the Secret Wars last year. Marvel Zombies versus Marvel Vampires would have been great.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

One of my favorites was What if Ironman sold out, where EVERYBODY has Ironman technology and Spider-man has to put together a new Avengers team when Magneto starts tearing everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Marvel should feature a regular monthly What If title again, one of the best titles on the shelf in its day.
    I absolutely agree. But I would like it to explore the marvel multiverse and perhaps crossover with the exiles. I personally would love to see it focus less on spiderman and the xmen. Because I feel they have enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One of my favorites was What if Ironman sold out, where EVERYBODY has Ironman technology and Spider-man has to put together a new Avengers team when Magneto starts tearing everything up.
    i think I missed this one and I thought I was a completist. I will have to go over them.

I really like the lord of the vampire story with punisher and logan. The best ones ore the ones where one choice changes everything. the Age of Ultron and AVX what ifs are not my favorites since they really just change the whole progression of the story. They are fine in their own way just not what ifs to me.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    My favorite one is What If Annihilation.
    This has got to be one of the best What If issue released in recent years. To everyone who hasn't read this yet, do yourself a favor.
    Last edited by arveg2; 03-14-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by arveg2 View Post
    This has got to be one of the best What If issue released in recent years. To everyone who hasn't read this yet, do yourself a favor.
    Nova's early issue comments pretty much summed up the fan reaction to both Annihilation and Civil War happening concurrently.

What if the Avengers had never been? Iron-Giant-Man, Iron-Wasp and Iron-Rick. Hank cornered the Hulk and busted him up.

What if the Avengers had defeated everyone? They made short work of the FF and everyone else.

What if the FF had different powers? Ben with wings, Johnny like his car, Reed just a brain.

Astonishing Member

What if Spider-Man had not married Mary Jane and What if Spider-Man married the Black Cat (they were a two parter) was pretty good. Just wish Peter and Felicia got to stay together.

What if 105 with Spider-Girl is of course a legend.

What if 114 with the kids of the heroes and villains was also amazing it almost got a continuation ala Spider-Girl too.

The What if that had the fake Cap and Bucky (who thought they were the real deal) awaken in the present was always amazing. Especially since as a stand alone it was so moving even though it wasn't as world shattering as some of the other bits.

The What if the Invisible Woman child didn't die was also very good. Both versions. Loved the "better" universe where the daughter Mary I believe had to battle the government eventually to help save the planet from pollution and other corruption. And I loved the "bad" timeline where the daughter was basically a demon and likely took over the Negative Zone.

Astonishing Member

Oh and 75, what if Blink had not died! I loved that story.