Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question New X-Books, fan speculation.

Well assuming that there is a relaunch of new Xbooks, and that RED (this insurance continues) Blue and Gold are not canceled, what new X-book would you like? and what cast you would choose.

Title: X-Men Green or Uncanny X-Men relaunched.

Writer Kelly Tompson: she is doing wonders in the mini RogueandGambit, I think she could do wonders with Monet too, or with a general team book, it is a writing that does her homework, and searches in the past of the characters, so they can go on , and that is currently difficult with writers today.

Cast:

Leader Rogue and Storm Co-leader.

The rest of the team, Gambit, Monet, Iceman, Wolverine (original not clones), Rachel, Magik, and some XKid htat comes to mind ( Dust or Hellion ).

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

If it's not a black ops X-Men book, then there's really NO POINT in another X-title that's not an X-Kids book. They need to just relaunch NXM, with KYost. Every other kids book (that's not the O5) has failed. Bring back the last batch, with a few new kids if need be.

If not that, then, literally, the only thing that makes sense is X-Men Black (Ops). There's no point in having a fourth version of the same team, with a Green.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think the different squads need their own agenda or some kind of separation so they make sense as being different books to begin with. Then they won't feel so completely interchangeable and arbitrary.

I loved the most recent Gen X, but I like all the quirky books that get cancelled pretty much so yeah. What I like != what will make big profits for them.

But yeah I would like another quirky experimental book with relatively unknowns as cast pls
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

At some point, we're going to see Uncanny X-men get relaunched. It's a just a matter of when and not if. But I have a feeling Marvel is going to save that for later this year, possibly to coincide with the launch of the X-men: Dark Phoenix movie. In the meantime, we might get a few more smaller series, possibly something that will spin out of New Mutants. Plus, I imagine Logan will get his own title once he's done with Infinity Countdown. If I had to guess which would come first, I would say that Wolverine will get his own solo series again before we see Uncanny X-men again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Is it speculation or wishlist?

I think we might see a UXM relaunch in the future, along with new X-force and X-factor books.

Ideally, the X-line would be something like this:

X-men Red/Uncanny X-men: The flagship. A group of mutants co-lead by Jean and Storm fighting for equality across the globe.
    X-men Blue/Astonishing: The PR team. Iceman and Angel lead a team of X-men focused on improving human/mutant relations.
    X-men Gold/Legacy: the school book. Kitty is headmistress, but Armor would be the field leader of a team of former students tasked with protecting the school and rescuing young mutants.
    +
    X-Force: X-men fight for the dream. Cable's X-force fight for survival.
    X-Factor: Polaris and a new Unity Squad rebuild Genosha as a symbol of unity and resistance.

The three "X-men" books would be the core of the franchise. X-factor could be a maxi-series.
    Other related series would be a more mutants-oriented Exiles, a Captain Britain & Excalibur (Faiza) team-up in the style of Davis' Excalibur and maybe a new Unlimited anthology focusing on one-shot stories.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men must be relaunched when Scott Summers returns.

Team:
    Cyclops - leader
    Wolverine - the real
    Dani Moonstar
    Frenzy
    Magik
    Karma or Psylocke
    Iceman or Archangel - the adult one

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    If it's not a black ops X-Men book, then there's really NO POINT in another X-title that's not an X-Kids book. They need to just relaunch NXM, with KYost. Every other kids book (that's not the O5) has failed. Bring back the last batch, with a few new kids if need be.

If not that, then, literally, the only thing that makes sense is X-Men Black (Ops). There's no point in having a fourth version of the same team, with a Green.
    You have my vote.

I'm a little afraid that a new title with young X-men does not sell after all the current market is not easy but it's the title that makes more sense and I miss something of the genre since the end of New X-men by Kyle and Yost .

What about a book called X-Men Unity? As that title suggests, it would be a successor to Uncanny Avengers. After No Surrender, Rogue disbands the Unity Squad. However, the purpose of the team still exists - promoting unity between mutants, baseline humans, and other metahumans such as the Inhumans and general superhero community. As such, she sets up a new team comprised of X-Men and allied characters. Synapse would be the Inhumans rep, since she's already friends with both Rogue and Cable. The Avengers rep would be Scarlet Witch, who once believed she was a mutant and was a member of the Unity Squad. Miles Morales could do double duty (remaining with the Champions too) as he's teamed up with the O5 before, was on a team with Kitty's 1610 counterpart and the time displaced Cyclops on separate occasions, and can represent both the Champions and the Spider-Verse. The remaining members would all be established X-Men, including Cable and Gambit.

Also, I'd relaunch Wolverine and the X-Men as a replacement for Generation X. He'll obviously also get a solo replacing Old Man Logan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    You have my vote.

I'm a little afraid that a new title with young X-men does not sell after all the current market is not easy but it's the title that makes more sense and I miss something of the genre since the end of New X-men by Kyle and Yost .
    It couldn't do worse than a Domino ongoing (which is not a slam; I'm going to be giving it a look myself. But I also don't expect it to last more than a year). So why not?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

X-men Legacy Prof. X returns to the X-men after being dead for years. This book would feature Prof X and what is role will be in the X-men now. Will he still be headmaster of the school? Will he still fight for his vision? The book could also deal with some loose ends in his life. Like his son Legion. I would like to have Rogue, Legion,Banshee,Sage,Bishop, and Warren as cast members.

That’s really limiting. Black Ops or another teen title?

X-Factor / something street level seems far more appetizing.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    That’s really limiting. Black Ops or another teen title?

X-Factor / something street level seems far more appetizing.
    We've already got the Madox solo coming for that.

I'm of the mindset that I don't want too many X-titles. With X-Men Red, there's no need for Gold. So honestly, either cancel it, or make that the kids book. Change Blue to a Magneto/Polaris led Genosha book (with no O5).

So yeah:

Red - flagship, with the current team

Blue - Magneto/Polaris lead the rest of the X-Men in truly rebuilding Genosha

Gold - former students that protect the school, rescue other mutant kids, and react to the events that the X-Men take part in

Black - black ops team led by Bishop, unbeknownst to any of the other teams

5 books is more than enough.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

A Kyle and Yost New X-Men book. With Rogue and Iceman as Coach (they don't need teachers anymore). With focus on Hellion, Surge, Dust, Anole, Rockslide, Trance Indra and Hijack. But also some room for others like Mercury, Bling!, Velocidad etc.every now and then.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    A Kyle and Yost New X-Men book. With Rogue and Iceman as Coach (they don't need teachers anymore). With focus on Hellion, Surge, Dust, Anole, Rockslide, Trance Indra and Hijack. But also some room for others like Mercury, Bling!, Velocidad etc.every now and then.
    The NXM need to be allowed to graduate already. Laura is 20, and most of the NXM are around the same age (IIRC Pixie and Anole were two of the youngest). They're ADULTS now. Let them join the main teams, they don't need to be part of a training wheels squad anymore.

We've already got the Madox solo coming for that.

I'm of the mindset that I don't want too many X-titles. With X-Men Red, there's no need for Gold. So honestly, either cancel it, or make that the kids book. Change Blue to a Magneto/Polaris led Genosha book (with no O5).

So yeah:

Red - flagship, with the current team

Blue - Magneto/Polaris lead the rest of the X-Men in truly rebuilding Genosha

Gold - former students that protect the school, rescue other mutant kids, and react to the events that the X-Men take part in

Black - black ops team led by Bishop, unbeknownst to any of the other teams

5 books is more than enough.
    I am only jazzed for MM thinking it will lead to X Factor. I like Jamie but I think he has a very similar voice to several other popular characters. Plus I am skeeved by his choice in child brides.

I personally feel burnt out on the secretive black ops teams. The X-Men have moved onto betraying each other out in the open lol. Hen again I think a more specific pitch than ‘black ops’ or ‘x-kids’ would probably intrigue me more. But I think I agree with you I want some high-concept or atmospheric titles than countless other generic superhero teams.