Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Kyle has said he'd rather she not use a code name at all. IE save X-23 for marketing and branding, but just going by Laura in the books (which is mostly what she'd done up until taking up Wolverine, anyway).
    Logan should remain plain Logan and Laura should keep her Wolverine title.

She earned it fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Sure until you take into account the claws on her hands then it makes her more mammalian than raptor-like. I'm beginning to see where Nightdreamer was going when she thought of the name Cub.
    In terms of her on-board weaponry her hand claws are not what make her different.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Logan should remain plain Logan and Laura should keep her Wolverine title.

She earned it fair and square.
    Should she? Yes. Will she? No.

Like it or hate it, Wolverine is not just an iconic character - it’s a brand. And to the Great Unwashed Masses, Logan is and always will be Wolverine.

However, I happily await being proven wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

The NXM need to be allowed to graduate already. Laura is 20, and most of the NXM are around the same age (IIRC Pixie and Anole were two of the youngest). They're ADULTS now. Let them join the main teams, they don't need to be part of a training wheels squad anymore.
    Were you thinking that the characters should be divvied up among the adult squads or that New X-Men should be resurrected, but with the cast as another color team all to themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Interestingly this morning I was listening to the This Week In Marvel podcast and they mentioned an X-23 series from Mariko Tamaki and Juan Cabal. They said it was announced on the Marvel website last week (apparently they record on Tuesdays). However, nothing was announced and I don't see anything on the website so maybe the podcast jumped the gun and no one caught it. Or Marvel delayed the announcement. But I guess we have that coming up.......
    Saw this in a different thread. Basic opinions are: I'd hate to see All-New Wolverine/Tom Taylor writing the character end, but it's always good news that the character is staying in print. I also think she should share the "Wolverine" codename a la the Haweyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    If true then it’s possible that Laura will be giving up the mantle of Wolverine once YML is back. But I think she’s outgrown the “X-23” moniker at this point. They really need to start calling her something else.
    Yeah, in a post-Enemy of the State II, I don't think it works anymore.

That seemed to be what they were going to be until the unceremonious cancellation.
    Yeah, the last New X-Men comic before the Messiah CompleX tie-ins for all intents and purposes has their own version of the "You're X-Men" now speech that ended the Apocalypse movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Were you thinking that the characters should be divvied up among the adult squads or that New X-Men should be resurrected, but with the cast as another color team all to themselves?
    I say mix them up among the adult squads. I'm still hoping for Hellion to be the unannounced final member of XMR.

Well Marvel is already marketing Logan as Wolverine in 'Hunt for Wolverine' and its bazillion spin-offs. It's just a matter of time before a new Wolverine (Logan) book is announced.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

In terms of her on-board weaponry her hand claws are not what make her different.
    I know but if you want a name encompasses the whole of her being both hand and foot claws then something like Cub could more or less be considered fitting even though it isn't intimidating.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, the last New X-Men comic before the Messiah CompleX tie-ins for all intents and purposes has their own version of the "You're X-Men" now speech that ended the Apocalypse movie.
    It is a shame that that speech was wasted because I could envision the New X-Men as not only the last of the X-Men but the generation that's trying to find the way forward for mutant kind and not just protecting mutants and humans but also the generation that saved them from extinction. If you want to give them something very daring that would put them on par with the old members.

it isn't intimidating.
    And alas, you have codified the “Cub” issue nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

And alas, you have codified the “Cub” issue nicely.
    Well my friend is a fan of My Little Pony and Grant Morrison so she's weird like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Deadpool was already announced.
    I'm aware of that.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I say mix them up among the adult squads. I'm still hoping for Hellion to be the unannounced final member of XMR.
    Yeah, I'd take that as a second place prize lol.

Tho, I'd still want them as a team, but the one that safeguard the new mutant kids. However, due to their past issues with their former teachers, that would make that they're also protecting the next generation from the decisions of the X-Men. You coulld have it that Rogue, and Iceman, are there to keep tabs on them, seeing as the team would have strong personalities, and potential great threats, in a Surge, Elixir, and Hellion.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 03-13-2018 at 12:54 PM.

There's a difference in what to hope and what to expect.

I expect Gold, Blue and Red to stay. Each with an updated cast. Blue will probably lose the O5 and continue with Magneto, Danger and Polaris added with some other time displaced X-Men. For Gold I expect Peter and Kitty to take leave of absence and Kurt to be in Red only after the wedding story. With OML also gone, it might be that Iceman, Rogue and some others might join, because only Storm and Rachel will be left. Red will keep its current cast. Weapon X might turn into X-Men black with an adjusted cast and Cable might get a changed into Cable & ....a team.

What I hope is as many a NXM book, them as a grown up team, as the NEW X-Mens, leader Surg of course. A team book with Iceman as leader (with Hellion, Dust, Magma,Rictor, Dazzler and Northstar) and a real X-Force book with Cable, Warpath, Domino, Hope, Vanisher, X23.