Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Couple of points here:

1. No, movie adamantium really doesn't have feats for resisting stuff like Kurse can.

1a. Asgardian weapons and materials are clearly special to some extent. Asgardians ignore bullets, but nameless asgardian blades slice through them like a laser through cream cheese. Hela ignores shots from Asgardian flying ships that annihilate Asgardian undead troops and blow the crap out of Dark Elf flying ships that can crash straight through buildings and show no harm, but asgardian spears and swords (again, unnamed generic ones) cut right through her. Granted, she no-sells this crap, but that's not the point.

2. Magneto manipulating it isn't really a bad feat for it, however, since the dude's whole powerset is manipulating metal, including shaping it, reconstituting and separating it, etc. See what he did with the metal he pulls out of a dude's bloodstream when escaping the prison in X2. No, it's not adamantium, but it's still metal behaving completely unlike it's natural form.

3. In X2, Magneto, when talking about Stryker, specifically states that he's the only one who can manipulate adamantium like Magneto himself.

4. Adamantium DOES have feats for being completely unharmed by pretty solid forces: Logan slices through moving helicopter rotors, the claws cut through the "make America mutant again" machine in X1, Logan slices through the vault door to Weapon X, etc.

5. It's not exactly clear that the Silver Samurai is using heat on his blade. Yes, it gets red, but I don't think that it's ever stated to be heat. It could be, just like the comic version, some kind of energy field.

Anyway, mileage may vary is what I'm saying.
    Yeah, pretty much all that. Now it could be that Asgardians aren't as resistant to piercing, but given Loki bounced a bullet off his face IIRC they certainly seem to have a degree of resistance. So I'm not entirely sold on Silver Samurai cutting Kurse one way or the other, but I lean against it.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    5. It's not exactly clear that the Silver Samurai is using heat on his blade. Yes, it gets red, but I don't think that it's ever stated to be heat. It could be, just like the comic version, some kind of energy field.

Anyway, mileage may vary is what I'm saying.
    No, that was most definitely heat. I remember when Logan's claws got cut, they were also red on cut surface.

Movie adamantium is highly inconsistent(that really goes for pretty much half the things in X-Men movies), hot adamantium cuts rooms temperature adamantium for some reason(The Wolverine), then adamantium bullets penetrate it(Origins), then adamantium bullets make it explode(Logan).

Although, I'd like to say that Logan tanking Phoenix in X3 just screams SMvFL to me, even if she was holding back, Logan never showed healing that fast in any other time.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 03-14-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Is there anything Kurse can do to Destroyer?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The X3 scene was more that Phoenix really wanted Logan to kill her, IIRC, which is why she didn't just instantly disintegrate him like she had some to other people, or telekinetically hold him in place, or chuck him across town, or brain fry him, or...

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Is there anything Kurse can do to Destroyer?
    I don't see why he couldn't tear it apart. Thor rather casually defeated it and Kurse is way tougher. Nobody here wants to get tagged by Kurse, although Ultron's vibranium body might hold out OK. But Ultron also flies so it shouldn't be an issue.

Thor didn't casually defeat Destroyer, and it wasn't a melee attack that did it. It was Mjolnir forcing a feedback of the Destroyer's disintegration ray. Kurse can only attack via melee. When Sif attacked the Destroyer armor, it adapted pretty quickly.

I will say that Kurse is more versatile in combat. But there was nothing anyone could do to Destroyer via melee attack to stop it.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 03-14-2018 at 05:01 PM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Thor didn't casually defeat Destroyer, and it wasn't a melee attack that did it. It was Mjolnir forcing a feedback of the Destroyer's disintegration ray. Kurse can only attack via melee. When Sif attacked the Destroyer armor, it adapted pretty quickly.

I will say that Kurse is more versatile in combat. But there was nothing anyone could do to Destroyer via melee attack to stop it.

Durability feats for the MCU Destroyer please? Or even a statement in the movie suggesting it was nigh invulnerable to harm?

It looked pretty flimsy from what I remember. Thor with his power beat it in less than a minute
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Just watched it fight again. Asgardian weapons cut it just fine (which is normal, they seem to cut anything). Its only other feats are ignoring some small gasoline explosions and iirc small arms from SHIELD.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Durability feats for the MCU Destroyer please? Or even a statement in the movie suggesting it was nigh invulnerable to harm?

It looked pretty flimsy from what I remember. Thor with his power beat it in less than a minute
    The armor wasn't dented or anything by a hammer throw from Thor and only knocked down.
    The armor was only destroyed by the big explosion from the feedback of its beam.
    Neither of the two things above suggest it's invulnerable. I'm not suggesting that either. However, I don't think it will be that easy for Kurse to just body it.
    Anyway, I think the team wins. Samurai can just give Ultron his adamanitum. Pretty sure the adamanitum wielded by Ultron will penetrate kurse.

That's a fair point, whatever limitations adamantium may have, it should be more effective wielded by Ultron.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Does Kurse get his black hole grenades (which also means that anyone who can get within arm's reach of him can potentially get his back hole grenades)?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Does Kurse get his black hole grenades (which also means that anyone who can get within arm's reach of him can potentially get his back hole grenades)?
    Standard equipment methinks
    - big_adventure