Cool Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Dr Doom’s armour...

Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Dr Doom’s armour:

1. Richards and Stark are placed within identical Dr Doom armours, which one familiarises themselves with the suits quicker?

2. Richards and Stark have permanent access to the Dr Doom armour and wear it during their everyday hero-ing activities; who benefits more from the tech?

3. Each hero wears the armour to try and infiltrate Castle Doom, who has a better chance of blending in and/or superficially fooling the other Doombots?

4. The task is to build a Dr Doom armour - who will come the closest to replicating it - Richards, Stark or (let's throw in) Forge?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Dr Doom’s armour:

1. Richards and Stark are placed within identical Dr Doom armours, which one familiarises themselves with the suits quicker?
    Hard call, but I'd say Tony just because in addition to being a pretty smart guy himself, he has years worth of experience using armor.

2. Richards and Stark have permanent access to the Dr Doom armour and wear it during their everyday hero-ing activities; who benefits more from the tech?
    One surmises maybe Reed over time? I suppose aside from Valeria, he's the top egg head on the planet.

3. Each hero wears the armour to try and infiltrate Castle Doom, who has a better chance of blending in and/or superficially fooling the other Doombots?
    Here's where Reeds experience might top Tonys.

4. The task is to build a Dr Doom armour - who will come the closest to replicating it - Richards, Stark or (let's throw in) Forge?[/QUOTE]

Reed's specifically been inside Doom's armor before is the thing here. Pre existing familiarity is going to give him the edge in most of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Reed's specifically been inside Doom's armor before is the thing here. Pre existing familiarity is going to give him the edge in most of these.
    I obviously missed that issue. Just once?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He has? I've only seen the What If and Earth X storylines with Reed in Doom's armour.

It was around FF v3 25 and was a multi issue plot arc where Reed had to stay in the armor for a considerably extended period of time because he was locked in because shenanigans and the armor eventually started rewriting Reed's brain to become Doom's due to some internal armor protocol, it was a whole thing. So, I mean, he's been in the armor for an extended period and also now knows about that whole internal brain rewriter protocol thing.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-12-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To throw out two things here:

1. I'd guess Tony would be somewhat better in the armor, just due to generations of experience fighting in armor, and, depending on... er... stuff, he's got a lot of technopathy abilities or had them at any rate, and that should help him adapt somewhat more quickly.

2. OTOH, Tony benefits FAR less than Reed from WEARING the armor: Tony's armor is generally about as good as Doom's already (remember, in their most famous fight, Tony's pure armor tech was better than Doom's, Doom "won" by using tech-defeating magic, the Crimson Bands), and is better in terms of the things Tony uses to fight: better sensors, better tech-defeating tech, much better flight and agility, better physical strength. Tony's armor also generally stows more easily, either inside his bones, in his clothes, as nanites, etc. Doom's almost never comes off, so he doesn't bother to make it easy to don and doff. Reed would lose stretching, but would gain real time sensors, protection, flight, a range game, etc. It's a trade-off, sure, but it sure seems like Reed would gain more than he would lose by wearing armor. Which obviously begs the question of why he doesn't do this, but well, that's comics.

I'll answer them in the order he asked.
    1.) Tony Stark
    2.) Tony Stark
    3.) Reed Richards
    4) I don't know too much about Forge so I can't say on this one.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark