Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    But, if you address Deadpool as a parody of various cliches, then you could focus your paper on "Deadpool as a parody of hero or anti-hero".
    That is actually a very good idea. Thank you!

I definitely agree, you may have better success identifying what a hero's journey is and then describing how and why Deadpool is a parody of that.

Mighty Member

No problem. I hope it helps.

Keep us posted about the thesis.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Did we ever find out how the thesis turned out?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-03-2020 at 11:56 AM.

I can only impart my own opinion on Deadpool.

I was once asked by a fan of Deadpool, “What was Deadpool like”? My answer was that he has no feelings. He can’t feel, because he is immortal and can’t die. He can’t empathise with his fellow humans, and I’m not sure if it has to do with his previous history, before his was changed into Deadpool. But certainly, Deadpool has tried to be human, and failed, I think in the series where he changed into another identity for about 12 issue, Agent X? That was the closest he got to feeling for anybody. Deadpool can’t be like a human. All he does is imitate a human, but eventually, he just shoots who he likes and walks away. There doesn’t seem to be any cops chasing Deadpool for all the murder and mayhem he causes. You’d think Deadpool would be top of the most wanted hit list in the MU. He seems to be this wriggly worm, that always slithers out of every sticky situation, be it murder victim, or under arrest.

Deadpool is an interesting thesis subject, because why does he need to be in a heroes journey? Does he need redemption? He doesn’t even feel he has been hard done by, so what’s the incentive here? At one point Deadpool reached a fan-idolising moment when Captain America let Deadpool join the ANAD Uncanny Avengers. Not that Deadpool wanted to, just that he could be on the same team as Cap. There was no heroes journey involved. I would be interested in the arguments that would justify Deadpool qualifying for a heroes journey.