Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default DC needs more superhero teams.

Marvel has 3 well known teams like Avengers, Fantastic Four & X-Men but DC only has Justice League and Teen Titans. I feel that DC needs to create at least 2 brand new superteams to add more variety to their comics. A DC version of the FF or X-Men would be most welcome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGM View Post
    A DC version of the FF
    The Teriffics is literally that, dude.

DC has a ton of teams, many of which are currently around. Two of the most requested books at the moment are Legion and JSA.

Might see a return of the Outsiders, too.

Suicide Squad counts as a team.

They have the Terrifics now. (Their current FF-like team.)
    And Doom Patrol is currently on hiatus, seemingly so Way can get caught up. (Their current X-Men-like team. Although the older Titans are more X-Men-like to me, they just don't get treated like that by DC anymore.)

Other DC teams-
    Legion of Super-Heroes (someday)
    Outsiders (DC will want to keep the IP around, so I'm sure we'll see them again)
    Infinity, Inc. (likely never to be seen again)
    Suicide Squad (currently being published)
    JSA (someday)
    Shadowpact (maybe someday)
    Omega Men (DC should've cashed in when the first Guardians movie came out. Now we'll likely never see them in an ongoing again.)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'd like to see Gotham City Sirens brought back. I guess Catwoman is out but maybe Killer Frost, Livewire, or someone else joins the group.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

DC does not need more superhero teams. DC has plenty.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    DC does not need more superhero teams. DC has plenty.
    There are some glaring omissions and I think DC absolutely needs JSA and Legion at least. Would love to see Outsiders and multiple JL(A) and Titans teams (YJ, TT, Titans, etc).

I love team books way more than solo books typically.

DC Rebirth has felt strangely lacking in something to glue the DCU together as it was pre-Flashpoint and I think team books provide that glue. Wiping out team histories to start over did away with the "glue." Team books with restored histories would bring it back.

And it's just a crying shame that JSA has been gone so long though we're constantly being promised it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Might see a return of the Outsiders, too.
    Technically the Outsiders already returned in Metal, it's just no one's followed up on it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'd like to see Gotham City Sirens brought back. I guess Catwoman is out but maybe Killer Frost, Livewire, or someone else joins the group.

I don't think it's really the Sirens unless it's Catwoman, Ivy, and Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's really the Sirens unless it's Catwoman, Ivy, and Harley.
    Problem is for the comic books Catwoman probably isn't available. And the Gotham TV show does have their own version of Sirens with Tigress, proto-Catwoman, and Barbara Kean. With maybe Poison Ivy joining them.
    That's why I was proposing perhaps Livewire or someone else joins them in a new Gotham City Sirens comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Problem is for the comic books Catwoman probably isn't available. And the Gotham TV show does have their own version of Sirens with Tigress, proto-Catwoman, and Barbara Kean. With maybe Poison Ivy joining them.
    That's why I was proposing perhaps Livewire or someone else joins them in a new Gotham City Sirens comic book.
    I don't think DC is in a rush to relaunch the Sirens, otherwise they already would have, though if they did I would imagine they would probably find a way for Catwoman to still be teamed-up with Ivy and Harley.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

DC has plenty of different teams.

Green Lantern Corps
    Legion Of Super Heroes
    Justice Society Of America
    Infinity Inc.
    Suicide Squad
    The Terrifics (who seem to have been created to fill a Fantastic Four shaped void in the DCU)

And quite a few more. In fact, there are so many different make-ups of teams in the DCU that DC often struggles to do some of them justice. Sometimes these teams get neglected which I think is the underlying point that you're trying to make. Perhaps you mean that DC should make more of an effort to promote these teams better?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Omega Men (DC should've cashed in when the first Guardians movie came out. Now we'll likely never see them in an ongoing again.)
    I sincerely hope not. If that is the case though then at least it was a stunning way to bow out.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

There's also the New Challengers, the Immortal Men, and the Unexpected don't tell me those aren't signs of DC making more superhero teams? And the New Challengers are also Fantastic Four lite since they are based on the Challengers of the Unknown the prototypes of the Fantastic Four so you're getting two Fantastic Four-lite teams in DC.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

There's also the Outlaws.

DC has plenty of teams and frankly until they iron out their issues with the ones they have I'd rather not see any additional ones created.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

How many of them have comics?

They need as many as can sell a comic. If 12 of them can sell 12 comics, then they need 12.