Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have to say of your only exposure to the Hood is through Bendis you need to check out the first mini by Brian K Vaughan and Kyle Hotz.

exactly. that was a character I could get behind. good ideas. bad execution.

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    This. He had enormous potential, but Bendis got way too excited about him and morphed his personality to fit his own story.

EDIT: I was originally under the impression he was meant to be a top underdog villain, similar to Shocker (he'll kill, but it's low on his list and it really is just about the job/money). Instead, he was pushing around the Wrecking Crew, going toe to toe with the Avengers, and hanging out with Doom and Loki. Thanks, Bendis~
    just my opinion. but I think he should have sought out other villain underclassmen/D-listers/rookies. it made no sense at all for the Wizard or Living Laser to be working for him; let alone showing respect. always start small or you risk making the audience feel as if they are being told to accept a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yeah. My introduction to the Hood was in the Beyond mini-series, by the late great Dwayne McDuffie and Scott Kolins, and it was great (I LOVE that mini-series). Then Bendis decided to make him Kingpin light by having everybody job to him, just to show how big and bad he was. It was really pathetic. I don't know if he can be returned to the character of old, but maybe something else. If I was going to wish dead every character Bendis ruined, the Marvel Universe would become a very barren place indeed.

Peace
    I thought that was what was going to happen after Dormammu took his powers back and Dark Reign fell apart. he was operating on a small scale for a while there. but, nope, right back to giving orders to villains with way more street cred and personalities unsuited for answering to others.

Mighty Member

No, why would I want other fans to not be able to read about a character just because I don't like him?

This. He had enormous potential, but Bendis got way too excited about him and morphed his personality to fit his own story.
    That describes sooo many different characters Bendis has written.

...Maybe all of them.

execution wasn't that great. but I liked that Hood was acting on a smaller scale in the Illuminati series. he at least pretended like he wasn't the boss; just a guy w/ an idea for a heist. I'm honestly not sure how he got his gang back, after that. and whatever happened to he and Madame Masque? I was hoping that Robbins would try to learn a few things from her dad/Count Nefaria.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

You're all making good points, but don't you feel like the character is just too tainted to use anymore? I get that Bendis was trying to give the Hood a rub, but the subsequent overexposure and iffy writing seems to have ruined him. Most Avengers readers can't stand him, he can't carry his own titles, and it's doubtful he'll ever make an appearance in the MCU, so why not indulge in some schadenfreude and bury the little bastard?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, please. Also make it look like a beloved X-character did it (whether they did or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    You're all making good points, but don't you feel like the character is just too tainted to use anymore? I get that Bendis was trying to give the Hood a rub, but the subsequent overexposure and iffy writing seems to have ruined him.
    I've heard the same thing about Norman Osborn and Venom. the Hood's story is custom made to be a Netflix movie, imo. wouldn't be any weirder than Spike Lee's planned Nightwatch movie (yes, it's real).
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-13-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I've heard the same thing about Norman Osborn and Venom. the Hood's story is custom made to be a Netflix movie, imo. wouldn't be any weirder than Spike Lee's planned Nightwatch movie (yes, it's real).
    Yeah, but Osborn and Venom were/are actually popular. They have decades of lore, and fan fondness to sustain them, and all it took to set them right was for the writers to back off for a bit. The same can't said for Hood. He's Poochie. He's Towlie. He's the worst.

Yeah, but Osborn and Venom were/are actually popular. They have decades of lore, and fan fondness to sustain them, and all it took to set them right was for the writers to back off for a bit. The same can't said for Hood. He's Poochie. He's Towlie.
    so he's pretty memorable, then.

Mighty Member

Most Avengers readers can't stand him
    Are you basing that on anything other than your own perception? The perception of someone who wants him to be killed? Don't you think it's possible you gloss over the fans that do like him and only notice the fans agree with you?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't believe it putting toys in the toybox so others can't play with them. If someone has a story with Parker Robbins, they can use him. If they don't, they won't use him.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Are you basing that on anything other than your own perception? The perception of someone who wants him to be killed? Don't you think it's possible you gloss over the fans that do like him and only notice the fans agree with you?
    Riiight, I'm the only one who wants him gone. Like there weren't 40 page threads complaining about him being shoved in everyone's face before the wipening. Are you gaslighting me?

weak *## thread