Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default The Americans TV Spy Show!!

Set during the Cold War period in the 1980s, The Americans is the story of Elizabeth (Keri Russell) and Philip Jennings (Matthew Rhys), two Soviet KGB officers posing as an American married couple living in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. with their unsuspecting children (Holly Taylor and Keidrich Sellati) and their neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI counterintelligence agent.

One of the best new shows on TV. What you all think of it!!

I tried the first season and couldn't get into it. I gave up three or 4 episodes in.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'm catching up. Matthew Rhys is particularly good especially when retrieving intell, but many of the peripheral characters are not very compelling, that's okay for now. I understand this show is more of a slow burn which allows for some really good characterization. So Rhys has me in his many pockets for now.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Member in Disguise

I'm looking for something to binge on now that all my regular shows are over for the season, and this one's on my list. Time to fire up the Hulu!
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

BANNED

It's a pretty good show.

It's a very good show, maybe one of the best on right now. Very intelligent and mature. The leads are compelling and make you want to root for them while at the same time you know they are enemies of our country and serve a corrupt system. lot's of gray areas.

Incredible Member

It's one of my favorite dramas. I particularly like the Soviet triple agent Nina.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    It's a very good show, maybe one of the best on right now. Very intelligent and mature. The leads are compelling and make you want to root for them while at the same time you know they are enemies of our country and serve a corrupt system. lot's of gray areas.
    I have no qualms rooting for those two and that's part of what I like about them. With villains I'm usually more black or white, it's neat to have that ambiguity. I like the current mission their on too ("Stealth".) It makes me think of that Star Wars initiative and puts me right back into that era.

^ Thanks for posting this.

I liked the finale and how prophetic the finale title is "Echo" turned out to be. I suspected the person who killed the couple and their daughter.

I can only hope that season 3 will make Paige interesting, instead of constantly annoying as she's been throughout.

Incredible Member

Phillips Channel His Bad Self On The Americans:

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ksjs...97t1770ki3hhs2

All-New Member

It's been a very good show and I enjoy the little touches they throw in to made it authentically 80's.
    Like the computer program on the floppy disc drive in one episode, the guy inserted the floppy and turn down the little switch in front.

Incredible Member

Waiting for Fox to set up the season 3 page on their master site.

Incredible Member

This season is Rocken. Who else likes its?