Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Detective Comics #976 preview

https://www.comiccrusaders.com/previ...ve-comics-976/

Finally!

Also, a bit of trivia: by my count, this is Kate's 200th main DCU appearance.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

About dang time.

Thoughts on the preview:

- I think we have a new winner for the 'Worst looking Orphan costume' award. Really it just looks awful there on the second page.
    - Really hate that they haven't aged Leslie up with Rebirth.
    - Cass's unwarranted self-loathing here is true to her early days. I'd noticed it getting a bit more prominent lately and now, considering Tynion has said he felt he was writing NML era Cass and wanted to re-develop her, I'm wondering if he was planning on rehashing the Death Wish storyline.
    - I quite like Bruce feeling like s**t and getting called out by Leslie. He really f**ked up here and, again, feels more than a little meta.
    - Is that Tim or Damian staring down at Bruce and Leslie? I can't tell.
    - Kate is very lucky she said 'today' and not 'tonight', otherwise I'd have to be annoyed with her, like Bruce, for cribbing one of Cass's most iconic lines...actually, f**k it, it still annoys me.
    - This is basically half the comic right here. Why?
    - Pleasantly surprised that this isn't just all Kate and Tim.
    Last edited by Assam; 03-13-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Kate annoys you no matter what, so that's not saying much.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Kate annoys you no matter what, so that's not saying much.
    It's not me, dude. She just keeps finding new ways.

This makes me think the arc will end with Cass's adoption

Incredible Member

I hope this results in the total and permanent dissolution of the entire Bat-family. I would like to see Detective Comics return to more solo detective Batman stories and I think it’s rather ridiculous that Batman has the largest cast of supporting costumed partners in comics. I would like to see most of the Bat-family retired or killed off and the rest relegated to their own titles and not affecting Batman’s main titles.

Also, NO to adopting Cassandra Cain again. I would like to not see or think about her after this arc is over.

I hope we dont see Tim have a snit. I dont really see why he would be so pissed at bruce. But the cover doesnt give me much hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    - Is that Tim or Damian staring down at Bruce and Leslie? I can't tell.
    - Kate is very lucky she said 'today' and not 'tonight', otherwise I'd have to be annoyed with her, like Bruce, for cribbing one of Cass's most iconic lines...actually, f**k it, it still annoys me.
    It would be Tim. Also probably him watching Cass's session on screen, though it could have been Bruce.

That line doesn't seem very iconic - characters across all forms of media have said basically that line on and off for years, quite common for action heroes, Dr Who etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I hope this results in the total and permanent dissolution of the entire Bat-family. I would like to see Detective Comics return to more solo detective Batman stories and I think it’s rather ridiculous that Batman has the largest cast of supporting costumed partners in comics. I would like to see most of the Bat-family retired or killed off and the rest relegated to their own titles and not affecting Batman’s main titles.

Also, NO to adopting Cassandra Cain again. I would like to not see or think about her after this arc is over.
    Booooooooo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

That line doesn't seem very iconic - characters across all forms of media have said basically that line on and off for years, quite common for action heroes, Dr Who etc.
    There are obviously plenty of variations (Doctor Who's of course being the great "Everybody lives!" scene) but if you actually type 'Nobody dies tonight' into Google images, you'll find nearly every one of the first responses is either of Cass or of Bruce from his cribbing of the line from Trinity. it helps that the issue itself is one of the best and most remembered from Cass's book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I hope we dont see Tim have a snit. I dont really see why he would be so pissed at bruce. But the cover doesnt give me much hope!
    I think he's pissed because he thought that Bruce believed in his idea of a cohesive crime fighting force to make a real impact in Gotham. But then he finds out that Bruce was just playing him, he was using Tim's big/passionate idea to "help" his cousin. He essentially used Tim as cover and made his pet project all about Kate. Normally I'm pro Bruce/anti-family, but in this instance I'm kinda with Tim on this one. Mostly because Bruce did all this for Kate, I just don't buy he would go far for her, and use Tim to do it.

Mighty Member

100% Agree.

So, you want Batman to essentially have his own series, with minimal input from the other members of the Bat Family?

You are aware of the series titles "Batman", correct? Other than some cameos, it is primarily about Batman doing Batman things.

Otherwise, I have to echo Caivu's "Boo!" here.

I really can't take young Leslie seriously. It feels like Carlie Cooper just wandered into the DCU after leaving Amazing Spider-Man.

Bruce screwing up with handling Cass's issues compared to how he handled the Robins as an actual plot point? Interesting.

"Nobody dies today" So much irony in one sentence .

Batwoman actually looks good with the Colony logo on her chest.

How exactly is Bruce responsible for Cass now?