Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    How are you making that objective call, other than your taste? Because it doesn`t sell as much?

Writers before Snyder weren`t making those consistant numbers either, Family or otherwise. Morrison is one of the biggest names in the entire industry and his run is regarded as one of the most praised of the franchise of the modern era. He made good use of the expanded mythos, including, like Snyder, creating an aditional number.

Was Morrison making the same numbers? I don`t recall, maybe he was but if you check and he didn`t would you question its quality?
    Morrison's Batman and Robin did huge numbers. There was even one month where Batman and Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne, Batman Inc and Batman the Return were the top 4 out of 5 books.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    That too, and also his Tim. Also did anyone else prefer Tim/Tam over Tim/Steph or was it just me?
    No, I'm TimSteph forever and always. But I do like Tim/Tam. I just don't think they were ever written really well - Yost didn't get them past flirting, and FabNic...did the whole "every girl loves Tim" which annoyed me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    No, I'm TimSteph forever and always. But I do like Tim/Tam. I just don't think they were ever written really well - Yost didn't get them past flirting, and FabNic...did the whole "every girl loves Tim" which annoyed me.
    Maybe I just liked the way their names sound together lol. But I agree with you on the way it was written. I guess that personally I at the time Steph/Tim interactions were really quite meh for me, and Tam as Tim's supporting cast was fun. Kinda wonder if she'll get a Tec appearence now.

Maybe I just liked the way their names sound together lol. But I agree with you on the way it was written. I guess that personally I at the time Steph/Tim interactions were really quite meh for me, and Tam as Tim's supporting cast was fun. Kinda wonder if she'll get a Tec appearence now.
    Steph/Tim had some really great stuff under Dixon and Lewis. But FabNic screwed it all up, and I think BQM wanted to establish Steph without forcing her to rely on a love interest. But he wrote some awesome romantic tension in the Collision crossover!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Forgot to mention that I really liked the Wendy the Werewolf Stalker reference. It's pure fanservice, yes (and I feel this is the second time its been mentioned in Rebirth but I can't remember the first time) but I still appreciate it.

Maybe I just liked the way their names sound together lol.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I marked out to the Wendy reference.. I still didn't care for the direction of Tim. Hopefully, we get a pay off before Tyion is gone and Tomasi takes over.

Art was pretty bad this issue.
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 03-14-2018 at 01:13 PM.

double. Please delete.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I actually surprisingly liked the art in this issue. Probably wouldn't want him to be the regular artist every month, but not bad.

spoilers:
    Loved the scenes between Cass and Clayface.

As far as the interaction between Tim and Bruce, I kind of feel like they're both right. Bruce wants to protect Tim and the others and doesn't want to see anyone else get hurt. On the other hand, Tim is right in that the team that they put together, for the most part, worked. And Gotham needs them together as a team. I just wish Bruce would trust Tim and listen to what he has planned. I just hope Tim doesn't trust Armstrong. That dude is nothing but bad news.

It was also nice to see Kate doing her thing. It would have been cool to see her and the others actually fight the Owls. They completely skipped through that part. Disappointing.
    end of spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I think I didn't like this issue, but I'm not sure.
    Damn.
    It was like reading some cheap melodrama cut in small pieces that were reensabled all together again. Was weird, and I'm not really someone who likes melodrama either. It feels to me like everything was going down just because the writing needed dramatic stuff to happen.

Really, weird to read. I'm not convinced about this issue. Last one was nice, and I disliked heavily the former oneI guess I'm definitely dropping Detective.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You said two. Which one will you start campaigning to get rid of, specifically? We're not talking about a hypothetical - Snyder's already convinced editorial that Signal is a "success".

What writers have been shamed into actually using any of the family? And I'd say Snyder's come under pretty intense pressure to use Damian, which is why he keeps making his argument for why he doesn't.
    Not planning on campaigning for anyone.
    Dick is a mainstay, Jason is very important to the batman story and Red Hood plays a unique role in the story without needing to share space in a bat book so he stays. Then Robin I prefer Damian but I understand and accept that Robin is a mantle that gets passed on and Damian might not be a character that lasts like Dick because he ages Bruce more so than the others.

The synder thing isn't anywhere near the Cass and Steph stuff. I don't see fans constantly saying they won't read Synder's books because of his treatment of Damian or bringing the issue up whenever the guy's name is mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Not planning on campaigning for anyone.
    Dick is a mainstay, Jason is very important to the batman story and Red Hood plays a unique role in the story without needing to share space in a bat book so he stays. Then Robin I prefer Damian but I understand and accept that Robin is a mantle that gets passed on and Damian might not be a character that lasts like Dick because he ages Bruce more so than the others.

The synder thing isn't anywhere near the Cass and Steph stuff. I don't see fans constantly saying they won't read Synder's books because of his treatment of Damian or bringing the issue up whenever the guy's name is mentioned
    I can't remember if we've personally had this discussion on these boards before, but I think if there's room for four Robins, there's room for at least two, if not three Batgirl roles. But DC made the worst possible choice by deleting all "inconvenient female" characters from the Batfamily - Cass, Steph, Helena.

If you don't think they add something essential to the Batman story or tone, then you don't and I can't convince you of that. But you likewise can't convince me that they aren't essential.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    How are you making that objective call, other than your taste? Because it doesn`t sell as much?

Writers before Snyder weren`t making those consistant numbers either, Family or otherwise. Morrison is one of the biggest names in the entire industry and his run is regarded as one of the most praised of the franchise of the modern era. He made good use of the expanded mythos, including, like Snyder, creating an aditional number.

Was Morrison making the same numbers? I don`t recall, maybe he was but if you check and he didn`t would you question its quality?
    I don't know Morrison's numbers but King and Synder used the family sparely unlike Tec and had/have better sales than Tec so point still remain's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I don't know Morrison's numbers but King and Synder used the family sparely unlike Tec and had/have better sales than Tec so point still remain's.
    Flaw with this logic: Batman sells better than 'Tec no matter what. The gap has been large for a long time and only got bigger with the Nu52. The current 'Tec run has higher sales than 'Tec did at the end of Pre-Flashpoint and it has higher sales than the Nu52 'Tec did at the same issue count.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Flaw with this logic: Batman sells better than 'Tec no matter what. The gap has been large for a long time and only got bigger with the Nu52. The current 'Tec run has higher sales than 'Tec did at the end of Pre-Flashpoint and it has higher sales than the Nu52 'Tec did at the same issue count.
    Indeed. You could say that Snyder sells worse because of his run on Tec...which is a silly argument. Clearly, the Batman name sells more than the Tec name in general, and definitely over the past 10 years.